Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #16606
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
So I take it Karen is going home with you?

I hope so...I can't cook to save my life.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #16607
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
I hope so...I can't cook to save my life.
I can relate. My wife would take the kitchen over the bedroom too. (In a non kinky way)
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #16608
Hetzel88
cycles is a mean toy

Oddometer: 165
Ok, I have a question. I turned off my ABS by running the bike in second gear on the centerstand. After turning off the bike with the key and then restarting, the ABS light remains on. I can't get it to reset. Can anybody solve this mystery for me? Thanks
Hetzel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #16609
ronandkat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Tested a Tenere

On about a mile of Gravel road, and about 40 miles of paved twisties. I came away pretty mistified as to why I didnt like the bike better. I came away pretty unimpressed. It just didnt seem as enjoyable and you had to work harder to have fun with it.. I dunno..
Anyway, so far the Uly still has it for me!
ronandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #16610
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandkat View Post
On about a mile of Gravel road, and about 40 miles of paved twisties. I came away pretty mistified as to why I didnt like the bike better. I came away pretty unimpressed. It just didnt seem as enjoyable and you had to work harder to have fun with it.. I dunno..
Anyway, so far the Uly still has it for me!
That's why it's a good idea to demo a bike if you can. The shoe does not fit for all.
It does come across as kinda bland at first. It is not an "OMG" type bike. Most owners
like the pack horse ability, unbreakable reputation, comfortable ergos and lonnnnnggg
maintenance schedule. Dare I say it's practical?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #16611
Hack'dTiger
n00b schn00b

Oddometer: 539
Clutch mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetzel88 View Post
Ok, I have a question. I turned off my ABS by running the bike in second gear on the centerstand. After turning off the bike with the key and then restarting, the ABS light remains on. I can't get it to reset. Can anybody solve this mystery for me? Thanks
If you have the clutch mod in place, it won't reset. Pull the fuse, off, back on, and you should be good as new...
Old 03-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #16612
ronandkat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
That's why it's a good idea to demo a bike if you can. The shoe does not fit for all.
It does come across as kinda bland at first. It is not an "OMG" type bike. Most owners
like the pack horse ability, unbreakable reputation, comfortable ergos and lonnnnnggg
maintenance schedule. Dare I say it's practical?
I actually posted this in the wrong thread! (was supposed to be in the thread about the guy considering a Uly, I was just snooping in here!)
But as such, you hit the nail on the head, and was kinda what i was curious about. I liked the idea of having service around most every corner, and parts available out the wazoo.. If my bike become seriously problematic, it will probably certainly be on the short list to replace it with. There certainly wasnt anything BAD about it, I just didnt feel at home on it, which surprised me because the ergos and looks scream big dirt bike, which i have spent 37 years on.. It kinda comes across as a better vstrom I think?
ronandkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #16613
Hetzel88
cycles is a mean toy

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack'dTiger View Post
If you have the clutch mod in place, it won't reset. Pull the fuse, off, back on, and you should be good as new...
Thanks. I didn't have the clutch mod. Just had to ride it a few feet for it reset. Doh!
Hetzel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #16614
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronandkat View Post
I actually posted this in the wrong thread! (was supposed to be in the thread about the guy considering a Uly, I was just snooping in here!)
But as such, you hit the nail on the head, and was kinda what i was curious about. I liked the idea of having service around most every corner, and parts available out the wazoo.. If my bike become seriously problematic, it will probably certainly be on the short list to replace it with. There certainly wasnt anything BAD about it, I just didnt feel at home on it, which surprised me because the ergos and looks scream big dirt bike, which i have spent 37 years on.. It kinda comes across as a better vstrom I think?
Yes, many ex Strom owners, me included, now have the Tenere. I liked my Strom for
what it was. I really like the Tenere for what it is above the Strom. It was a natural transition
with better suspension, balance and stability. Power wasn't that much different. It's nice as
riders that we have so many great choices out there right now.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #16615
hANNAbONE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Question

Ray -

How will your Supa10 exhaust the engine heat with those Wolfman bags so close to the fan exit??

Can the thing breathe???

(*I'm sure you've thought of this already - just seems so very close to that hot air escape area.*)

??did you order your RADIATION STICKERS yet??
hANNAbONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #16616
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hANNAbONE View Post
Ray -

How will your Supa10 exhaust the engine heat with those Wolfman bags so close to the fan exit??

Can the thing breathe???

(*I'm sure you've thought of this already - just seems so very close to that hot air escape area.*)
Just being nosey. I think he means this set up.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #16617
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,066
Quote:
Ya, the black ones can't wait to blow somethng. I think they come with a 3 amp fuse
for the power outlet. Designed for GPS or phone stuff, not an inflator. Up the fuse to
10 amp and you should be fine. I put a BMW style in for the inflator with heavy gauge
wire and straight off the battery. Just waiting for the recall now.
I cut the wire on the pump and spliced in two sae 2 prongs. then plug the 2 prong of the pump to the battery tender leads......

you can then reconnect the two 2 prongs to use in a 12V socket if needed...versatility is the plan...
freeflow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #16618
Kelvininin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
You can just do what I did and install this, fused connection directly to the battery. Its also where I plug the bike into the batter tender.

Kelvininin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #16619
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow View Post
I cut the wire on the pump and spliced in two sae 2 prongs. then plug the 2 prong of the pump to the battery tender leads......

you can then reconnect the two 2 prongs to use in a 12V socket if needed...versatility is the plan...
The slime pump comes with an SAE end.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #16620
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,346
Quote:
The slime pump comes with an SAE end.
You would know all about slime pumps.