Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #16801
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
Oh how I miss Ernst.....
Come back R3B / Rema in Paluda (or whatever he called himself) all is forgiven.....not.

To be fair, the guy knew a lot but had the attitude of an alligator and the communication skills of a hippo.
And when two male alligators are in the same pond...

I'll give min a break on the communication skills. My dutch isn't too good either.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #16802
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Hmmm... Well, I dunno'...

My Harley-Davidson XR1200 Sportster doesn't "lumber" in any way at all, nor does it "respond" anything like a "cargo ship"...

Of course, all that may have something to do with the "Braking" forged aluminum 17" wheels at both ends along with "Braking" stainless steel discs, the Showa BPF fully adjustable forks, terrific YSS "piggyback" shocks out back, and some other changes to improve its steering geometry...

Of maybe it could just be that it hangs out with another one of my bikes (seen on the trailer with it) from time to time and learns by osmosis.

That said, and remember I love my Harley XR, I still don't have the depth of faith in its reliability that I do in my Yamaha Super Tenere. I own lots of bikes now (a Ducati, a Norton, the XR, my S-10, a couple of Honda's, a Kawasaki, and a bunch of vintage CZ's), and goodness only knows all the other ones I've owned in over 40 years of motorcycling... No bike I have ever owned in all that time has inspired the same kind of trust I have in the Super Tenere. With nearly 29,000 miles on it, all of those in 19 months, I can confidently say I would ride it anywhere without even the slightest concern that it might leave me stranded. It's a rock...

Dallara

~
Well if you put that way.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind something like that XR. I had a riding bud who owned a farkled out 1200 sportster with scrambler pipes. He really tore up the twisties with that thing...and the pipe sounded great even though they weren't blow you ears drums out 'cool.'
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #16803
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
As the phrase goes, horses for courses. Comparing the abilities of a Harley touring bike with a Super Tenere is about as meaningful as comparing a Super Tenere with an R1. The S10 is my go-to bike for back road blasting with friends or exploring off the beaten path. The RK gets the nod for long-distance multiday or two-up touring. It's extremely comfortable over the long haul, carries a ton of luggage and is very quick and nimble for a big touring bike. Have surprised a lot of riders on "faster" bikes...

Not required to dress like a pirate. I wear the same gear on either bike.

Is that the same road the fella at the GR forum had the bike come over into his lane and put him in the hospital?

On another note, you don't seem to be this way, but as a few others have commented on, I don't see why people think they need to change how they act when they're on a Harley. I remember going to the vibes rally at Appi Ski Area here in my neck of the woods and passing very long lines of Japanese Harley riders in the on-coming lane. When I noticed nobody would return my waves, I kept my hand waving in the air past hundreds of them as a test. I don't know how many hundreds of Harleys I passed, but not a single one waved. Why is it that most people, even Japanese who ride in some of the most brand and size diverse groups, suddenly behave like a tool when they jump on a Harley?

It's one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #16804
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
. Why is it that most people, even Japanese who ride in some of the most brand and size diverse groups, suddenly behave like a tool when they jump on a Harley?

Maybe Dallara is posting from his lap top while sitting on his Harley.

(Hope he stays there, It's some funny shit.)
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #16805
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Just enjoyin' myself, as always!

And it looks like we may have a new R3B...

Dallara~
You might be right.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #16806
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,781
Eek Damn! How'd you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Maybe Dallara is posting from his lap top while sitting on his Harley.

(Hope he stays there, It's some funny shit.)

You're exactly right!!! In fact, I was posting while sitting on my Harley... And it was on the *TRAILER*, too!!!

But don't tell anybody about me wearing nothing but my H-D logo chaps at the time, OK?

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office. - Unknown

'Cos it's easier to try than to prove it can't be done, and it's easier to stay than to turn around and run. - Justin Hayward
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #16807
backwoods bobby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
super tenere

any one interested in a 2012 super tenere has 150 miles on it, will be sold as new. I work at a Honda Yamaha dealer, $11899.00 plus tax & title. full warranty. you can pm me.
backwoods bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #16808
eastwa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods bobby View Post
any one interested in a 2012 super tenere has 150 miles on it, will be sold as new. I work at a Honda Yamaha dealer, $11899.00 plus tax & title. full warranty. you can pm me.

Where is the bike located?
eastwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #16809
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwa View Post
Nigeria. There is a small upfront fee to have it released and that will also
cover the free shipping paper work. As soon as a US sponser has been arranged
they will send the bike. Your provided account information will be carefully
guarded and as always the blessings of God to be with you.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #16810
backwoods bobby
Adventurer

super tenere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwa View Post
it is in ky USA. and this is not a scam.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #16811
klebs01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoods bobby View Post
How will it be sold as new if it is used?
klebs01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #16812
backwoods bobby
Adventurer

super tenere

Quote:
Originally Posted by klebs01 View Post
How will it be sold as new if it is used?
it has not been title yet and i put most of the miles on it my self.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #16813
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Is that the same road the fella at the GR forum had the bike come over into his lane and put him in the hospital?

On another note, you don't seem to be this way, but as a few others have commented on, I don't see why people think they need to change how they act when they're on a Harley. I remember going to the vibes rally at Appi Ski Area here in my neck of the woods and passing very long lines of Japanese Harley riders in the on-coming lane. When I noticed nobody would return my waves, I kept my hand waving in the air past hundreds of them as a test. I don't know how many hundreds of Harleys I passed, but not a single one waved. Why is it that most people, even Japanese who ride in some of the most brand and size diverse groups, suddenly behave like a tool when they jump on a Harley?

Not sure what incident you're referring to, but the pic above is a road in Fukushima.

You know waving to other riders isn't done in Japan, with the exception of Hokkaido touring. If you really want to freak riders out here, start waving to them when you're in your car.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #16814
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
I paid that for mine with 0 miles...
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #16815
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,316
I was there, at the 2010 Tokyo Motor show, when Yamaha released the production version of the S10:

In July of that year I visited the Yamaha Communication Plaza, Main HQ and Museum:

I finally pulled the trigger today and snagged a 2013, from GForce Yamaha in West Denver, Colorado. Was in and out in 2 hours and some change and I hadn't been in there in many years. There is a great Yammie Dealer in Denver, I was beginning to give up on that... GForce did me right.

Rode it home 30+ miles this afternoon and had to jump on some conference calls.

After those, I ran out to the garage and started de-DOTing the bike. Removed front and rear reflectors and all the lawyer stickers.

Let the farkling begin!!!

I've enjoyed keeping up with this thread, sorry it took me so long to get my act together!

RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote