Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #1771
vander
full-time dreamer

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughtwg
Ummm, have you ever seen the previous generation multistrada?

LOl at the pics.

Waaaaaaaay uglier bike the Multi 1200 than the 1000/1100.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 AM   #1772
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs
Well, if the other side is indeed irritated by me... Got the perfect solution for that: What the heck are you doing on a NON- BMW topic? Arn't there enough BMW related topics here at ADVrider?

I never visit a BMW topic here because the bike and brand doesn't interest me. So: I won't be irritated by the postings there.

But look at all (possible) BMW competitors and there they are, the BMW riders. It is their good right - this is an open forum in first place.

Back2topic. Yam Super Tenere!

Pot:kettle:black?

If you are so concerned about the Super Tonne discussion turning to a BMW thread, why the long-winded explanation of what is wrong with all things BMW's?

Sounds like a BMW rider threw sand in your face one day!! Get over it!!

I would love to know how Yamaha tied the Super Tenere Concept to the bike they have delivered??

One promised so much, the other one is a Veradaro clone!!
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #1773
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,193
Whatya Mean BiGem?

The concept was made from actual chromed parts of the production version.

So the whole bike would have been the same size, visually. Same wheel base etc.

Or are you talking about the SAND bit?

Notice it is stuck in the sand?

I would say that would be pretty accurate actually

Or did you think that they were going to release a bike wrapped up in cloth?

Meaner people might say that it was presented as a bike that all the parts fell off

Cheers
Graham
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #1774
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre
Yeah!

So, do you think Yamaha is aiming it to compete more with the GS, or the GS Adventure?

All of the big ADV Tourers, Now you have some choice.
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #1775
orlando_orange
deslyxic tepyr

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Well, if the other side is indeed irritated by me... Got the perfect solution for that: What the heck are you doing on a NON- BMW topic? Arn't there enough BMW related topics here at ADVrider?

I never visit a BMW topic here because the bike and brand doesn't interest me. So: I won't be irritated by the postings there.

But look at all (possible) BMW competitors and there they are, the BMW riders. It is their good right - this is an open forum in first place.

Back2topic. Yam Super Tenere!
umm.... seńor Two plugs, whilst i agree that it seems like there are a lot of bmw riders on here being less than complimentary, i would like to point out that i don't think anyone replying to this topic acutally owns the bike in question.....

i ride a true Super Tenere but would happily read and comment on a thread about a newly released bike made by another manufacturer....

it does seem to me that bmw prejudice goes both ways... both with some bmw owners rubbishing everything else but also with a lot of non-bmw owners bitching about beemers all.. the... time..

but then seeing as my previous bike was a 98 f650 funduro i would say that eh?

moral of the story is... can't we all just get along??

oh yeah and just to keep this on the S10, i thought when the rear brake was applied it broke the front-back link but was still abs??
Old 03-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #1776
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD
Whatya Mean BiGem?

The concept was made from actual chromed parts of the production version.

So the whole bike would have been the same size, visually. Same wheel base etc.

Or are you talking about the SAND bit?

Notice it is stuck in the sand?

I would say that would be pretty accurate actually

Or did you think that they were going to release a bike wrapped up in cloth?

Meaner people might say that it was presented as a bike that all the parts fell off

Cheers
Graham

I like the way that Yamaha had it stuck in the sand.

I think a lot of them will get stuck in sand!!

The concept has an overtly "athletic" look to it,I don't believe Yamaha intended that athletisism to replicate a shot put competitor!!
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 AM   #1777
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem
I like the way that Yamaha had it stuck in the sand.

I think a lot of them will get stuck in sand!!

The concept has an overtly "athletic" look to it,I don't believe Yamaha intended that athletisism to replicate a shot put competitor!!
Thats very harsh Bigem ... but funny
Ducksbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 AM   #1778
Freerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD
On the S10, you disengage the ABS by hitting the rear brake first. It specifically says that in the press release. However I can see that being a potential problem with some clueless people out there.
You´re mixing two things up here. The combined brake can be turned off by hitting the pedal first. The ABS works for both. If it can be turned off, is yet unclear.
Freerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #1779
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,278
Quote:
Hi Guys ’n Girls,
I’m getting slightly irritated. This thread is about the new Yam ST, but it reads like a Beemer comedy which isn’t funny.

OK, about BMW…
They did ‘invent’ more or less the modern Big Trail Bike with the R80GS and yes, they manage to sell a lot of stuff around the globe.
But please… (I already complained about this behavior in the VFR1200F topic)… Why are all BMW riders here weening around about the bad, bad World outside doing ‘BMW bashing’? Why is it, that only on the Beast Chapter on this wonderful community there are 12 (!!!) BMW-GS involved topics from which 11 are F800 related? And that’s only the first page… Why? The urge of ‘proofing’ something? I don’t know. But please… GROW UP.

My sincere apologies if this might read a little harsh. But those who fit the glove should wear it.

About the reliable thing… I would put my money on ANY Jap bike before on an with cheap Chinese build engine provided ‘so called’ German Build BMW. The Yam is absolutely favorite, but according to the latest news, it won’t be available before July here in the Low Lands… Which makes me sad.

And, eh… For the attached pic in this posting : Try to find something like that on – any – NON BMW. Even a Duc or a Guzzi is more reliable these days than a BMW. And this is not the only article I found. Just do a google on 'BMW Recalls'. NOTE... I'm certainly NOT make an statement that an Japanese bike is faultless (Believe me, I had my share of troubles from leaking cooling liquid, rust to brake-down fuelpumps) but the numbers are speaking for them selves.

Little note… Riding in the German Eifel region (beautiful!) last summer we had a stop at a bikers café near the road. Had a chat with an guy of the German Automobile Club AA (ADAC) who owned an stunning complete MK1 CB750 from the early 70ties.
His quote: I can pinpoint the favorite tours of BMW riders blindfolded. I just follow the oil trail and spare parts…

And this guy is an professional...
That whole post is a study in ironies, from the very first line, to the one following it!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #1780
dan-c
Back

Oddometer: 13,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
That whole post is a study in ironies, from the very first line, to the one following it!

Jim

Not trying to start a war but I think the S10 would last a lot longer on synthetic oil
dan-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #1781
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-c
Not trying to start a war but I think the S10 would last a lot longer on synthetic oil

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #1782
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-c

Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #1783
R3B
Lazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Hi Guys ’n Girls,
I’m getting slightly irritated. This thread is about the new Yam ST, but it reads like a Beemer comedy which isn’t funny.
Hey, don't be so harsh on them boy's, just think how you would feel, spending moro or less 20K Euro's enough to buy two familycars, to find out it's as reliable as a Ducati from the 70's

They thought they had a sure investment, okay it was an urriliable bike but for one aspect, it'smonyholding capacity...

And now that's gone with the whisk of a Japanes Hand from the sky.

You woukld rant and rave too, if you had invested in such a riskmanagement driven asset ;-)

Quote:
OK, about BMW…
They did ‘invent’ more or less the modern Big Trail Bike with the R80GS and yes, they manage to sell a lot of stuff around the globe.
No, that's a fairytale, the first Big Traily was,is and will stay the XT500, although it looks like a moped now, with it's mere 500cc but in 1976 it was a giant trailbike, the biggest thumper for decades, dominating a world of screeming 250 Strokers...

BMW jsut needed a lot more CC to compete with the XT, but if you think of it, its kinda silly, and whem Yamaha Came out with a "mere" 750, BMW cowardly pulled out of the Dakar, being beaten outright by a smaller capacity bike.

Same story reapeat's now again, Yamaha came out with a *much* smaller bike, a "laughable" 450 in a race dominated by 700 and even 900 cc Beemers and Katooms, and look where we stand now...
Okay it hasn't won the entire race, but look at what fretigne c.s. has done, and look at the reliability of the little Wasp...

Quote:
About the reliable thing… I would put my money on ANY Jap bike before on an with cheap Chinese build engine provided ‘so called’ German Build BMW.
Yup, that's really cruel to the Investment Bikers, they invest their deer money into chinese sweatshops on the mongolian border, one of the better kept secrets of the BMW money making enterprise.

Quote:
The Yam is absolutely favorite, but according to the latest news, it won’t be available before July here in the Low Lands… Which makes me sad.

Don't cry to loudly, yesterday i met a friendly Yamaha Boss from Nippon, and he assured me, the S10 will get in selected shops in May to get your testride, and not soon after the bike.

Riding tips: . -----www.LazyMotorbike.eu-----
R3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #1784
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Jinbaiquerre
Yeah!

So, do you think Yamaha is aiming it to compete more with the GS, or the GS Adventure?
BOTH !!!
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #1785
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,633
I guess I don't see things in black and white only. I like Yamaha's and Ducati's entry to this market. Now we will have a choice of a parallel twin added to the previous options of a boxer, and several V-twins to pick from for bikes at this size and purpose. And they cover a range from mostly street to mostly dirt, the gradient gets more sub-tones, the more options the merrier.

Hopefully this will help raise the bar for all, whatever that bar may be (better prices, better performance, more technology). And hopefully all will survive these tough times.

On the mid-range, twin cylinder, market, BMW still reigns supreme with the 800GS. But if rumors are correct and become reality, Honda should enter that market as well. That would be great! We need more options there.

Lion
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote