ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #19861
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventurier View Post
Hi guys, FWIW I paid 11500 USD for my black 2012 Super Ten, a demo bike with 69 miles on it (11 of them mine). Then the dealer found a 200 USD cash back coupon from Yamaha so the final price was more like 11300 USD. This is in Indiana. The service was quite good also from Westfield Yamaha.
On top of that I got lucky: filled out the service questionnaire about my purchase experience from Yamaha, and was the winner of an iPad mini! Cherry on top.
This was end of last year, I'll pull the exact date if someone is interested. Hope this can help others establish a base price. The bike had no options.

Cheers, Ben.
Only in America... Instead of an iPad, every year I get the tax bill of the same value. Add the insurance cost, road tax, eco crap and the inspection BS, I could get three of them.
What the hell... It's worth it!

T-cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #19862
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,343
DS vs. Dakar

150/70-17
Tiger 800XC, lots of off road trails and fast slab riding
I need new rubber, and I could only find the DS version. Can't wait another month for a Dakar.
Anything to worry about? I understand I may have more of a pinch flat potential...
A friend is running the Scout K60 and I wanted to compare performance/life against his.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #19863
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
150/70-17
Tiger 800XC, lots of off road trails and fast slab riding
I need new rubber, and I could only find the DS version. Can't wait another month for a Dakar.
Anything to worry about? I understand I may have more of a pinch flat potential...
A friend is running the Scout K60 and I wanted to compare performance/life against his.
Just got 9k mi out of the regular E07, just installed the Dakar version. Never had any issues with regular E07 & other Folks have had great results with the Reg E07.
If you running 30psi...a pinch flat ain't going to happen. I have dropped to 20 psi for offroad & no pinch flats.
My front E07 has some small cracks in the tread, others have commented that they too have got cracking as well. Tire is holding up good even with small cracks...About to put Heidenau up front soon....
Old 09-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #19864
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Just got 9k mi out of the regular E07, just installed the Dakar version. Never had any issues with regular E07 & other Folks have had great results with the Reg E07.
If you running 30psi...a pinch flat ain't going to happen. I have dropped to 20 psi for offroad & no pinch flats.
My front E07 has some small cracks in the tread, others have commented that they too have got cracking as well. Tire is holding up good even with small cracks...About to put Heidenau up front soon....
Thanks for the info

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #19865
Forseti
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
I have run multiple E07's on my Stelvio and average well over 12000Km from the rear.
I typically run 32psi in the rear no matter the surface I am riding on. I always have all the bags on and they are typically full of stuff plus I am not exactly petite and the tires hold up very well.

Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perpetually rejuvenated illusions.
Albert Einstein
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #19866
numbaphive
aka BSTARD

Oddometer: 371
Howdy folks,

Anyone using http://www.touratech.com.au/home/196...ypage.tpl.html Touratech Hand protectors GD who is willing to show me some pics of how they attach on the bars..... anyone.....anyone?

Cheers.
numbaphive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #19867
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,929
Surging Fix?

Any thoughts?

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=104
Old 09-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #19868
sallydog
AVERAGE 78.1 MPD

Oddometer: 5,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTARD View Post
Howdy folks,

Anyone using http://www.touratech.com.au/home/196...ypage.tpl.html Touratech Hand protectors GD who is willing to show me some pics of how they attach on the bars..... anyone.....anyone?

Cheers.
are they any bigger/taller than the factory bark busters?
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #19869
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTARD View Post
Howdy folks,

Cheers.
They seem a bit spendy to me.

Regards, Paul
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #19870
yamalama
wet coaster

Oddometer: 1,292
my 140/80/18 E07 lasted 7500 miles.
30 psi.
E 09 Dakar, approximately half that mileage.
TKC 80's for the front, always.
yamalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #19871
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Here we go again...

These handguards are way more protective then the oem ones. Don't forget to buy the optional spoiler (red in photo) cause they're useless without them.

T-cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #19872
Langolier
Cycleologist

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
Damn....I was just offered, a White (the BEST color) 2013 STen...with 104 miles on it (by the GM)...for $13,000....

had to get outta there..before I did something crazy...

Had my Goldwing for 10 years with no regrets (52,000 trouble free mi). Sold my Husky this last spring (been thinking about a Adventure bike ever since). Did the handshake deal on a White S10 (in the crate) this weekend. Interesting deal, He wasn't interested in my wing as a trade (being a Yamaha dealer and possibly sitting on it for the winter). So.... I went to the local Honda dealer to work out a "trade in price" (got over 60% of original price) then back to Yamaha to get his OTD price (less Title & tax fee's). Final deal... 12,250 for The S10 They will run paperwork as if Goldwing was in the trade deal (saved on taxes) then Honda buys Wing from Yamaha after initial deal is done. I consider that a Win Win Win deal. I might only get some break in miles before the snow flies but then I can farkle up this winter.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #19873
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,494
^^^ Smart way to do it.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #19874
numbaphive
aka BSTARD

Oddometer: 371
Cheers T
numbaphive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #19875
Bill-66
Hencho in Kansas

Oddometer: 7,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langolier View Post
Had my Goldwing for 10 years with no regrets (52,000 trouble free mi). Sold my Husky this last spring (been thinking about a Adventure bike ever since). Did the handshake deal on a White S10 (in the crate) this weekend. Interesting deal, He wasn't interested in my wing as a trade (being a Yamaha dealer and possibly sitting on it for the winter). So.... I went to the local Honda dealer to work out a "trade in price" (got over 60% of original price) then back to Yamaha to get his OTD price (less Title & tax fee's). Final deal... 12,250 for The S10 They will run paperwork as if Goldwing was in the trade deal (saved on taxes) then Honda buys Wing from Yamaha after initial deal is done. I consider that a Win Win Win deal. I might only get some break in miles before the snow flies but then I can farkle up this winter.
I thought about discussing that with our local BMW dealer...