Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #20131
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Good review. Shame you can't just swing by AF1 to get the update. I'm loving my Gen II flash. It made it a beast and it's getting even beastlier as the weather turns cold.
I did and spoke to Ed. AF1 is not the problem, its ECUunleashed themselves and their inability to communicate with the rest of the world in any normal fashion.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #20132
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
I did and spoke to Ed. AF1 is not the problem, its ECUunleashed themselves and their inability to communicate with the rest of the world in any normal fashion.
Yeah, I figured that. I meant that ECUnleashed should make an exception for you since you're on an extended road trip and can't ship them your ECU.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #20133
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Quote:
Yeah, I figured that. I meant that ECUnleashed should make an exception for you since you're on an extended road trip and can't ship them your ECU.
Oddly enough, they did actually agree to do that. First in Seattle and they failed to send the files through and then they stated they would talk to Ed at AF1 and failed to do that too.

Now it's too late and I will have to get it done in the UK in February...if they let me !!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #20134
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Oddly enough, they did actually agree to do that. First in Seattle and they failed to send the files through and then they stated they would talk to Ed at AF1 and failed to do that too.

Now it's too late and I will have to get it done in the UK in February...if they let me !!
UK in February? Shouldn't you be on a beach in the Caribbean then?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #20135
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
UK in February? Shouldn't you be on a beach in the Caribbean then?
When Ray the silverback comes knuckle dragging down to the beach it could cause
massive beach closures. Think of the damage to the tourist industry.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #20136
platty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Wheel Valve Stems

I'm sure the answer may be around here somewhere and I can't just find it at the moment ... BUT ...

Has anyone found a set of angled valve stems that work with the Yamaha OEM rims that aren't just a screw on angled extension ie looking for the complete rim fitting with an angled stem

I assume that it would be relatively easy to get somthing to work on the rear with the single rib but the front rim double rib configuration would obviously be more tricky.

In essence I'm not far away from new tyres (Hmmm Battlewings or Tourances ) and I've generally had enough of trying to squeeze an air fitting along with the hose into the available space

Maybe Yamaha will fix that for the 2014 model ... and I also believe in Father Christmas. the Easter Bunny AND the Tooth Fairy

platty screwed with this post 10-06-2013 at 04:32 AM Reason: Wheel Valve Stems
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #20137
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
When Ray the silverback comes knuckle dragging down to the beach it could cause
massive beach closures. Think of the damage to the tourist industry.
It may take a while but they will get over it eventually. Anyway, better a silverback than that thing with the red bum.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #20138
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
It may take a while but they will get over it eventually. Anyway, better a silverback than that thing with the red bum.
One in the same.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #20139
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
In essence I'm not far away from new tyres (Hmmm Battlewings or Tourances ) and I've generally had enough of trying to squeeze an air fitting along with the hose into the available space...
You may still want an angled fitting, but in the interim, get one of these which allow you to fill the tire remotely away from the the tight space where the stem is. And the bleed valve (button on top) makes adjusting to a precise pressure easy.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #20140
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Does anyone live near Pouhquag NY?
The "Suicide Disease" - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. The pain never ends
http://www.rsds.org/2/what_is_rsd_crps/
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #20141
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
Does anyone live near Pouhquag NY?
I passed through that area last week and there appeared to be some folks living there. Why do you ask?

Regards, Paul
Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #20142
T.O. Eagle
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
I'm sure the answer may be around here somewhere and I can't just find it at the moment ... BUT ...

Has anyone found a set of angled valve stems that work with the Yamaha OEM rims that aren't just a screw on angled extension ie looking for the complete rim fitting with an angled stem

I assume that it would be relatively easy to get somthing to work on the rear with the single rib but the front rim double rib configuration would obviously be more tricky.

In essence I'm not far away from new tyres (Hmmm Battlewings or Tourances ) and I've generally had enough of trying to squeeze an air fitting along with the hose into the available space

Maybe Yamaha will fix that for the 2014 model ... and I also believe in Father Christmas. the Easter Bunny AND the Tooth Fairy
I picked up a pair of 90deg angled extensions from Budget Tyres in the UK via ebay. I just screw one on to add air then remove it. It's a little fussy in that you have to add more air than required to account for the leak when you disconnect the extension.
Still, better than trying to get a hose on without one!

Chris
T.O. Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #20143
AKoffroader
Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Fork seal leak

I had a piece of junk get under one of my fork seals and a lot of the oil got out before my Seal Mate arrived and I cleaned it out.

Does anyone know what weight the stock fork oil is and how to measure it? Also has anyone tried a different weight fork oil with good results?

Second question is about Jesse Cases instead of the stock Yamaha cases (which I have). Thinking about a little more space. The Yamaha cases are 29 and 32 liters (61 liters total). The Jesse 10" cases are 107 liters. Do the jesse's fit, seal and look as good or better then the Yamaha cases? Comments?

Thank you,

AK Greg
2012 Yamaha XT1200Z
1978 Yamaha TT500
AKoffroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #20144
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKoffroader View Post
The Yamaha cases are 29 and 32 liters (61 liters total). The Jesse 10" cases are 107 liters. Do the jesse's fit, seal and look as good or better then the Yamaha cases? Comments?
The Jesse cases will hold up to crashes far better than the OEM cases and the ones I had in the past were waterproof. It does take more effort to install/remove them compared to the OEM mounts but the four-point frame is another reason why they take drops better in addition to their far more robust construction. If I was doing only road riding/hotel touring, I'd buy the OEMs but if I was planning on doing a lot of offroad stuff or two-up camping I'd get the Jesses.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #20145
scottie boy
Homebrew Guru

Oddometer: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKoffroader View Post
Second question is about Jesse Cases instead of the stock Yamaha cases (which I have). Thinking about a little more space. The Yamaha cases are 29 and 32 liters (61 liters total). The Jesse 10" cases are 107 liters. Do the jesse's fit, seal and look as good or better then the Yamaha cases? Comments?

Thank you,

AK Greg
I splurged for the Jesse's on mine and I absolutely love them. Indestructible doesn't begin to describe these things. Not my proudest moment but I once hit a traffic barrel in a construction zone with my left saddle bag. I looked down at my tank bag map and obviously veered a little. There was a barrel sticking out in my lane more than the rest and I nailed that bad boy at 55 mph. I didn't knock it over, I sent it flying. We pulled over so I could clean out my underwear and my buddy could quit laughing his ass off. There was zero damage to the bag.