ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #20671
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa
 
Old Git Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: UK based, Touring the Americas
Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Stop being smug boys. It's beneath you..

Ray - best of luck to the missus.

Can't believe after all the miles she gets injured by a barstool..
Thanks Dude. Appreciated.

As for the smug thing. I'm sorry I just cant help myself.
I just had a quick look and it's clearly back to the "cant see the wood for the trees" and "great bikes these, can't wait till they fix mine so I can ride it" mentality.

They all love em. Incidentally I loved mine too, but then the S10 came along and that was it. More ride and NO garage fixing.
(except for the bits I break myself that is !)

EDIT: See here....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1416

More FD failures. Seems like changing sides didn't help. How about a double sided swing arm. Maybe that would work ???
__________________
Karen "Oh my God, I am traveling with a f**king idiot."
Blog: http://www.raykarenhall.blogspot.com

Old Git Ray screwed with this post 11-26-2013 at 06:13 AM
Old Git Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #20672
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kawidad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cal
Oddometer: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Well guys that's it. I'm thinking of buying a BMW LC.

I mean the Super Tenere is boring. Nuff said.

The guys over at the R1200GS LC hangout are just simply having more drama. No endless days searching for a real problems
They are fully occupied and in the zone. No such thing as boredom over there. Their lives are full.
Lawyers, class actions, spawning new problem threads, you name it.

It's an adrenalin rush. What can I say.

Maybe I'll hold of for the new 2014 S10 model and see if we can get some switch gear problems or maybe the new suspension with throw some D.E.S, I mean Y.E.S. errors or maybe it will get chopper syndrome, but I don't like the chances.

That's some funny stuff.

And, it hits close to home because I was torn between the GS LC and the S10. At this point, no regrets picking the Yamaha.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
(Who watches the watchers)
Kawidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #20673
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer
 
simmons1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Out Riding
Oddometer: 1,302
I have fallen off a few bar stools myself. Thank goodness I have a hard head and was never seriously injured.
__________________
Goldwing, Super Tenere, WR250R, ST1300, KLR, GS1000s, GT750, H2 750, H1 500
simmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #20674
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa
 
Old Git Ray's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: UK based, Touring the Americas
Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
That's some funny stuff.

And, it hits close to home because I was torn between the GS LC and the S10. At this point, no regrets picking the Yamaha.
And I hear they have changed then name from GSA to GSW.

'Gelande Strasse Abentuer' to 'Gelande Strasse Werkstsatt'
__________________
Karen "Oh my God, I am traveling with a f**king idiot."
Blog: http://www.raykarenhall.blogspot.com
Old Git Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #20675
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD

Well guys that's it. I'm thinking of buying a BMW LC.
I mean the Super Tenere is boring. Nuff said.

The guys over at the R1200GS LC hangout are just simply having more drama. No endless days searching for a real problems
They are fully occupied and in the zone. No such thing as boredom over there. Their lives are full.
Lawyers, class actions, spawning new problem threads, you name it.

It's an adrenalin rush. What can I say.

Maybe I'll hold of for the new 2014 S10 model and see if we can get some switch gear problems or maybe the new suspension with throw some D.E.S, I mean Y.E.S. errors or maybe it will get chopper syndrome, but I don't like the chances.
So true. I'm fed up with BMW and will be trading in my GSA for a Tenere next year. I have to admit, though that this Beast section is quite boring. Since Pluric has been neutered, there's no drama. No whining about parts breaking, shitty dealer service or the same redundant questions every month like I find at the GSpot.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #20676
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
So true. I'm fed up with BMW and will be trading in my GSA for a Tenere next year. I have to admit, though that this Beast section is quite boring. Since Pluric has been neutered, there's no drama. No whining about parts breaking, shitty dealer service or the same redundant questions every month like I find at the GSpot.
I thought I was the only one that missed the 'Good ole days'.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=779535&page=9

I did just get the confirmation my Stoltec modified forks were shipped today.

Shock should be in a couple more weeks I think. (pacing back and forth)
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #20677
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,741
Cry It was fun, "back in the day"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I thought I was the only one that missed the 'Good ole days'.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=779535&page=9

I did just get the confirmation my Stoltec modified forks were shipped today.

Shock should be in a couple more weeks I think. (pacing back and forth)

It's was more fun back when you could use the "C" word, and the "R" word, etc., etc., etc. But hey, "political correctness" is epidemic worldwide these days...

As for your Stoltec gear... You're about to experience something akin to the re-flash. You know, where you didn't realize what you were missing.

Just remember, Nick sends the forks and shocks to you with all the adjustments at full soft and with the preload backed off to zero. He does this on purpose so you will take the time to properly set your sag, dial in the dampening, etc. Just follow his instructions (and the video link he'll send you) to the letter and you'll be wonderfully rewarded with just how good the Super Tenere's suspension can be!

Can't wait to hear your ride report.

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #20678
William42
Beastly Adventurer
 
William42's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Champaign, IL
Oddometer: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I did just get the confirmation my Stoltec modified forks were shipped today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post

As for your Stoltec gear... You're about to experience something akin to the re-flash. You know, where you didn't realize what you were missing. Dallara~
I thought I was done spending money on the XT. You two are going to kill my bank account.
__________________
Mud is evil
William42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #20679
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Stop being smug boys. It's beneath you..


Hey, just occasionally, c'mon. I was bored. I went over there and must have caught some smug. It's OK now I've had a hot lemon drink and it seems to have helped.
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #20680
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
It's was more fun back when you could use the "C" word, and the "R" word, etc., etc., etc. But hey, "political correctness" is epidemic worldwide these days...
um what's the R word ?
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #20681
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,741
Laugh Black by any other name is still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
um what's the R word ?

Well, we can't say it any longer... It's as verboten as the "C" word.

But it rhymes with "haven", and it denotes a dark, dark color... Or a certain "alternative" lifestyle.

But remember, I never said it...

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #20682
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Well, we can't say it any longer... It's as verboten as the "C" word.

But it rhymes with "haven", and it denotes a dark, dark color... Or a certain "alternative" lifestyle.

But remember, I never said it...

Dallara



~
Thanks mate. I was under the impression that was the G word associated with the R word.which often popped up when someone captured an image with their C word, usually caused by the P word which led to P being B'd
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #20683
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Can't wait to hear your ride report.

Dallara

~
It's been dry docked for so long I can't remember what to compare it to.

The water temptation is over for the year.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #20684
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Thanks mate. I was under the impression that was the G word associated with the R word.which often popped up when someone captured an image with their C word, usually caused by the P word which led to P being B'd
Naw, that just got a hand slap. This one in a politically sensitive thread and one about an
inmates wife got me looking at other sites for a few weeks.


pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #20685
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
And I hear they have changed then name from GSA to GSW.

'Gelande Strasse Abentuer' to 'Gelande Strasse Werkstsatt'
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014