GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
so anyway................

Brought mine home last week and am loving it,
Wait until you get it off the trailer.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #20732
ANutt
Keyboard Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Ya' just gotta' understand...

Mark really doesn't like the Super Tenere much. Just about every other bike out there is better to hear him tell it. I honestly don't know why he owns one.

He forgets a low CG really does help when picking a bike up, and that just about the heaviest thing on the Super Tenere - the crankshaft - does sit very low when compared to other bikes. It also carries the majority of its fuel low and behind the engine's cylinders, rather than above them.

It's also obvious he's never picked up a KLR with a full tank of fuel, much less one with a big IMS tank and a full fuel load. Makes picking up the S-10 look like child's play.

I've dropped my Super Tenere four times... Once in very sandy conditions in a set of deep ruts, and yes, the wheels ended up higher than the bars. It was still easier to pick up than my last KLR was - period.

~
I'm still trying to recover from the back wrenching I did to myself after picking up my KRL 650 on a trail I had no business being on. Yeah, it was bars high and gas was running out the tank, so I picked it right up, no problem... Until the next day. That was in January. BTW, I'm 6'3, 250 lbs, and have no problems picking up heavy things.
Was wondering about this very fact, as I'm considering getting another S10, since I miss it and dealers are making deals on them. If it's easier to pick up than a KLR 650, I'll be a happy camper.
ANutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #20733
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Wait until you get it off the trailer.

Ya, guess I need to get some new pictures.

Any comments on using a parebellum tall shield with a madstad bracket?
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #20734
crazyjeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Ya, guess I need to get some new pictures.

Any comments on using a parebellum tall shield with a madstad bracket?
I had bad luck with a Madstad and the XL Cal-Sci. I know others like the madstad but I never got mine to work properly as it holds the screen out too far from the bike. I have had much better luck with the Touratech adjuster providing you keep the 4 knobs super tight, it has worked great.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #20735
combo
D S N

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Lots of extras, the ohlins shock being the biggest prize.

Getting ready to list the top box, factory tank, wasp raising links and extended side stand in the flea market. All good stuff but which I don't need.
Nice Bike. Congrats!
What tank you going with Coyote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #20736
bouldertag
WannabenarlyADV'rrrr

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Lots of extras, the ohlins shock being the biggest prize.

Getting ready to list the top box, factory tank, wasp raising links and extended side stand in the flea market. All good stuff but which I don't need.
Interested..

Check your PM's

boulder
Old 11-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #20737
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo View Post
Nice Bike. Congrats!
What tank you going with Coyote

Tank bag? right now I have a few cortech magnetic bags and a marsee I am playing with. Also have wolfman tank panniers on to block the wind and the cold of winter commuting.
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #20738
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
I am not sure if this is because well.....I am slightly rounder since getting hurt, but I have noticed my upper back between my shoulder blades gets very painful when riding. I can do 250-500 miles in a day but I do notice the muscle gets very painful. My plan is to work out a bit more now that I can, , but I am curious if anyone else has this issue? Anyone else have this pain in their upper back and if so how did you fix it?

I personally feel like its caused by a slightly extended reach to the bars so I am considering the rox off-set risers to bring the bars a bit closer to me so I have less of a reach.
The "Suicide Disease" - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. The pain never ends
http://www.rsds.org/2/what_is_rsd_crps/
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #20739
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
I am not sure if this is because well.....I am slightly rounder since getting hurt, but I have noticed my upper back between my shoulder blades gets very painful when riding. I can do 250-500 miles in a day but I do notice the muscle gets very painful. My plan is to work out a bit more now that I can, , but I am curious if anyone else has this issue? Anyone else have this pain in their upper back and if so how did you fix it?

I personally feel like its caused by a slightly extended reach to the bars so I am considering the rox off-set risers to bring the bars a bit closer to me so I have less of a reach.
I had a few non specific little things like that. I started working out more. It was fixed. Now I have been a bit slack lately and I'm back to groaning like an old man on occasion and the little niggles are starting to return.

Time to get back into it.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #20740
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:

I fixed that with risers. And it stopped immediately.
Bappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #20741
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:

I had the shoulder pain you are talking about.
I ended up getting the positioning I needed by rotating the bars forward to extend the reach and sitting farther back in the seat to stretch out more. Also simply riding more helps
Interesting that it might be opposite fix for some people.

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #20742
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,400
Well, I got her home and unloaded it off the trailer just in time for a 10-minute ride. Just from that agonizingly short ride I can tell we are going to be friends. Way nice.

Noob Q: where do you guys hang your helmets on these things?
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #20743
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
Well, I got her home and unloaded it off the trailer just in time for a 10-minute ride. Just from that agonizingly short ride I can tell we are going to be friends. Way nice.

Mirror.
avc8130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #20744
toddelof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:

Right side passenger foot peg.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #20745
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,521
Quote:

I made a helmet hook for under the seat by removing and replacing one of the bolts with a longer one. I use a little wire extender from a V-Strom or XRL (I can't remember which bike). The seat locks it in place.