Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #20851
lotecredneck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
More like a "My glass is a POS. Don't even know why I have it. Everybody else's glass is a lot better. My glass is too heavy, too slow, too Japanese, and too reliable! European glasses are better even if they are too fragile and cost too much. And smaller glasses are better, too, because my lil' ol' arms are just too wimpy and tired to lift any other glasses. And you know, you can hurt your back unless you have a little glass!"

Funny, too... You got a bunch of folks, who have owned a whole bunch of different bikes, and they all say how easy the Super Tenere is to pick up than those other bikes, including the KLR650 in question from the guy who asked the question. Yet here comes MJ again, never missing a chance to bad-mouth the Super Tenere, saying just about any bike is better, especially if it's Euro.

You can set your watch by it... Post anything positive about the Super Tenere, regardless of what it is, and here comes Mark saying the bike is crap, and usually that Euro bikes are far superior. Like I said, I don't why he owns one... So much so I often wonder if he really does. Reading his stuff he sounds like one of those guys who doesn't own a bike at all but just sits around reading all the magazines!

Just curious... Has anyone ever seen MJ post a picture of his bike, or a ride, of any kind?

I'd love to see one.

Dallara

~
WOW, I am stunned reading this! You obviously don't know MarkJenn!!! Dallara, Mark bought his bike from me in 2011 and a friend of mine and myself rode with Mark to the Smokeys. We rode in that are for a few days then he headed North to Pennsylvania then back across the U.S. to his home in Seattle. These were the pics of his bike before he ever rode it. I took it from my dealership to my cabin in Arkansas where we started the trip.

Mark is pictured in the middle in the 1st pic and the right in the second one. (Yellow Aerostich)

He is extremely knowledgeable about the bikes he owns and also of many he doesn't! He is a GREAT rider and has logged probably more miles on motorcycles than a large percentage of those here...

He flew into town this year and met me at my dealership and I loaned him an FZ-1 and we toured Big Bend for a little over 3,000 miles with the same friend as before and the brother of the GS rider.

He is pictured at the far right.....

So with that being said, yes I have seen him ride and have had numerous discussions while on these trips and frankly don't know where you are coming from with these statements.

Cheers,

Tony

You may want to read some of his ride reports. They can be found here http://www.whizmoandgizmo.com/ He is Whizmo, BTW.
tony@yamahasportscenter.com

lotecredneck screwed with this post 12-03-2013 at 02:31 PM
lotecredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #20852
thetroll
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotecredneck View Post
WOW, I am stunned reading this! You obviously don't know MarkJenn!!! Dallara, Mark bought his bike from me in 2011 and a friend of mine and myself rode with Mark to the Smokeys.

Mark is pictured in the middle in the 1st pic and the right in the second one. (Yellow Aerostich)

He is extremely knowledgeable about the bikes he owns and also of many he doesn't! He is a GREAT rider and has logged probably more miles on motorcycles than a large percentage of those here...

He flew into town this year and met me at my dealership and I loaned him an FZ-1 and we toured Big Bend for a little over 3,000 miles with the same friend as before and the brother of the GS rider.

So with that being said, yes I have seen him ride and have had numerous discussions while on these trips and frankly don't know where you are coming from with these statements.

Cheers,

Tony
Most folks don't know where Dallara is coming from...
thetroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #20853
rockycraig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
The more I read this thread the more it sounds like owners trying to convince themselves that the tenere is the best. lol Poor guy(mark) can't write anything negative about it or else. Just saw a vid with about 7 or 8 bikes tested by a big group of riders of all experience levels and the tenere was not really liked by anyone. Hmmm but I know the comments are gonna fly now like none of those people know what there talking, reliability, etc.. A great vid with bikes like multistrada, honda cross tourer, both ktms, both old and new bmws, stelvio, etc.. Yes I rode the tenere, my brother in law has one, oh and he did have a recall, oopps I shouldn't have wrote that.. do like the subtle changes on the 2014 though. And I will read whatever threads I want too before someone says not to read it then! lol
rockycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #20854
Dirt_Dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockycraig View Post
The more I read this thread the more it sounds like owners trying to convince themselves that the tenere is the best. lol Poor guy(mark) can't write anything negative about it or else. Just saw a vid with about 7 or 8 bikes tested by a big group of riders of all experience levels and the tenere was not really liked by anyone. Hmmm but I know the comments are gonna fly now like none of those people know what there talking, reliability, etc.. A great vid with bikes like multistrada, honda cross tourer, both ktms, both old and new bmws, stelvio, etc.. Yes I rode the tenere, my brother in law has one, oh and he did have a recall, oopps I shouldn't have wrote that.. do like the subtle changes on the 2014 though. And I will read whatever threads I want too before someone says not to read it then! lol
Dang, guess I should have waited for that video of 7 or 8 guys telling me what I like before I bought a second Tenere after riding the first one a little more than 10K miles in the first four months. If I only would have waited I could have substituted someone else's opinion for my own.

Oh by the way...never regretted either one for a second. But maybe that's just me.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #20855
lotecredneck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
No kidding! Mark really likes his Tenere, but he will point out the shortcomings and problems. Just because he sees problems doesn't mean that he doesn't like the bike! He will call a spade a spade and there is nothing more refreshing than that!

Cheers,

Tony
tony@yamahasportscenter.com
lotecredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #20856
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saso View Post
My only complaint with the OEM heated grips is that there's no light indicating on/off or temp range which can be frustrating when trying to control them in the dark. Otherwise, they're very effective.
Agree for the money it could at least have a red LED indicator light. Thinking about dabbing some strontium luminous paint on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
On the downside, they standard mounting location (on the mirror stalk) isn't very elegant and the grips are pretty firm, even firmer than the stock Yamaha grips. (Some complain they exacerbate vibe issues.)
Not elegant but very accessible. No prob with vibes once I got the reflash done.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #20857
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,164
Thanks for the defense Tony (and others), but not needed. I listen to the folks who wish to talk about the bike, both good and bad, and ignore the rest. Quite literally.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #20858
twinrider
pass the catnip

Btw if anyone considering getting any Yamaha gear, Stadium Yamaha is having a sale till Thurday, 18% off their already discounted prices. Just plug the part number from Yamaha's website into their page. Coupon code is blackfriday.

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/

twinrider screwed with this post 12-03-2013 at 04:53 PM
Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #20859
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
So what happened there?
Nothing unusual or out of the ordinary.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #20860
rockycraig
Gnarly Adventurer

Yes it is very refreshing lotecredneck. I love to hear the truth about the bikes on this site but you gotta weed through blind love. Love guys who call it like they see it, good or bad. And dirt dad it was 7 or 8 different types of bikes and a group of riders testing them, it was very informative and their opinions. I test ride all my bikes I'm interested in buying, anyone who would just take the word of a video wouldn't be very smart but it was a good vid(entertaining). Hell some people buy without test riding??? Ktm 1190r will be my next test ride, looks good.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #20861
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotecredneck View Post
WOW, I am stunned reading this! You obviously don't know MarkJenn!!! Dallara, Mark bought his bike from me in 2011 and a friend of mine and myself rode with Mark to the Smokeys. We rode in that are for a few days then he headed North to Pennsylvania then back across the U.S. to his home in Seattle. These were the pics of his bike before he ever rode it. I took it from my dealership to my cabin in Arkansas where we started the trip.

Cheers,

Tony

You may want to read some of his ride reports. They can be found here http://www.whizmoandgizmo.com/ He is Whizmo, BTW.

Hmmm, where's Pluric? Three men, a cabin and a raven Tenere?
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #20862
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Yes it is very refreshing lotecredneck. I love to hear the truth about the bikes on this site but you gotta weed through blind love. Love guys who call it like they see it, good or bad. And dirt dad it was 7 or 8 different types of bikes and a big group of riders testing them, it was very informative and their opinions. I test ride all my bikes I'm interested in buying, anyone who would just take the word of a video wouldn't be very smart but it was a good vid(entertaining). Hell some people buy without test riding??? Ktm 1190r will be my next test ride, looks good.

Guessing you are referring to MCN, which is about the worse source for objective bike reviews as they have their noses deep up BMW's arse and to a lesser extent up Triumph's.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #20863
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Guessing you are referring to MCN, which is about the worse source for objective bike reviews as they have their noses deep up BMW's arse and to a lesser extent up Triumph's.
I couldn't agree more. I love my S10, but:

IMHO, the GSA had a better screen, a better bash plate, it was more fun to ride, it handled better, it looked a lot better, it was finished to a higher standard, and even the little things like electrical connectors were high quality. These are all the things that mag testers look at, sadly they all wanted to turn the ABS off for off road as they were at the time ignorant of its abilities, presumably assuming it was the same as the older (to 2013) GS/GSA on which the brakes and TCS were abominable.

None of these testers, for obvious reasons, could test the biggest attributes for an adventure bike and they are durability (strength and with that weight) and reliability.

Most testers want crotch rockets and not adventure bikes. Simple - wankers.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #20864
rockycraig
Gnarly Adventurer

It was an episode of on two wheels but pretty much all the comparison vids that I've seen have the Super ten lagging behind a bit. Just what I've seen, not saying that I've seen them all. Its all in what each individual wants.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #20865
coneye
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
The more reports the better , and its good to hear objective reports about the negative things , if the writer is knoledgable , not everyone can test ride , and the unfortunate thing is most subscribe to the I have it so it must be the best ,, suppose a lot think thats better than admitting they bought a peice of shit .

I bought a harley street bob , now that had mini apes and mid controls , it was EXTREMLY comfortable under 60 mph then it became a parachute and turned a nice riding day into very hard work , So i sold it

I bought a Triumph thunderbird , that had slighty forward contols , so i bought it with T bars , cos i wanted to look cool ,, my mate said , you'll be sorry , he reckons that slouching forward with the legs forward , would be hard on the tail bone ,, well it was , and the back , and the arms , so i sold it , and now have decided that my rocket with risers , has me sat upright , and is very comfortable , except its heavy .

So if i cannot test ride , a tenere , i look at it and think a set of risers and i'll be upright so it should be good for me , , but if i then read , its top heavy ,and hard work , for guys like me who look like short armed orangatans , then thanks to that i would look a lot carefully , .

So keep up the comments good and bad ,
coneye is offline   Reply With Quote