Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #196
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,503
No sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr moto
This makes no sense really , look at how successful the wee strom has been in america , the other manufacturers must see this ? so why dont they want a piece of that sales action too ?

The best selling Kawasaki for several years has been the Ninja 250. They re-designed it in '08' and the thing went from good to INCREDABLE!!!

With the gas prices rising so sharply this past year and the 77mpg the Ninja gets... THEY HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY FOR A WHILE NOW.

If Yamaha was smart they would have come out with one of their own. THEY SELL THEM IN EUROPE.

A 250, 350, 400 WHATEVER just give us a fun little starter bike.

NOOOOOO we don't get shit. I know the profit margin on a small sport bike is not much...BUT PEOPLE THAT BUY SMALL SPORT BIKES TEND TO BUY BIGGER SPORT BIKES WITHIN A YEAR or TWO.

WHY THEY CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT IS BEYOND UNDERSTANDING.

AS TO THE LARGE ADVENTURE BIKE. YOU MAY AS WELL FORGET ABOUT IT AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE. IT AIN'T COMING
Old 09-09-2008, 12:49 AM   #197
dicky1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
MCN site states that Yamaha launches ' first half ' of their range!
They have previously commented that they expect the S10 to be launched at Intermot 8 October.
2009 Varadero 1000 (hers)
1996 TTR 250 (hers)

dicky1 screwed with this post 09-09-2008 at 01:17 AM
dicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #198
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,130
I'm hearing the 1200XTZ may still be unveiled, as dicky1 says, at Intermot.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #199
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
I'm hearing the 1200XTZ may still be unveiled, as dicky1 says, at Intermot.
Still on the other side of the pond though.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #200
imdickie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I live in Southern California and deal with Yamaha USA frequently. I asked my contacts there about the potential of a 1200 ADV bike for the US and here is his quote back to me

"...checked with our Service department and they have been flooded with inquiries. Their response was "Not any time soon"."

Sooo... our only hope in the US at this point is they release it as a Europe model only this year and bring it to the US next year.

The good news out of all of this is there has been significant inquiries to Yamaha about this bike. That means, put down the keyboard, get up off your butts, and go visit your Yamaha dealer. Talk to the owner or Manager or Service Manager about how much you would like to see a big dualie here in the US. Yamaha listens to their customers, not to people complaining on the internet about it. Yamaha has regional deler reps that stop in on dealers at least once a month. If a big dualie is fresh on the mind of your local dealer they will bring it up and the rep will bring it up to corporate.

The other thing you can do is write a letter, not an email but a pen and paper letter to Yamaha customer service and ask about a big dualie bike. I know for a fact they read the mail and track the responses. If enough interest is expressed in a motorcycle they will bring it out.

You have your mission now get out there and be safe...
imdickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #201
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdickie
The good news out of all of this is there has been significant inquiries to Yamaha about this bike. That means, put down the keyboard, get up off your butts, and go visit your Yamaha dealer. Talk to the owner or Manager or Service Manager about how much you would like to see a big dualie here in the US. Yamaha listens to their customers, not to people complaining on the internet about it. Yamaha has regional deler reps that stop in on dealers at least once a month. If a big dualie is fresh on the mind of your local dealer they will bring it up and the rep will bring it up to corporate.

MY REP IS HERE RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS... HE IS IN THE STORE. HE SAID THEY TELL YAMAHA SMALL SPORT BIKE BIG ADVENTURE BIKE ALL THE TIME.

YAMAHA TURNS A DEAF EAR TO THEM.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #202
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
MY REP IS HERE RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS... HE IS IN THE STORE. HE SAID THEY TELL YAMAHA SMALL SPORT BIKE BIG ADVENTURE BIKE ALL THE TIME.

Sounds about right. I would have gladly bought a TDM900 instead of my FZ-1, but no dice in this country.

kobudo28 screwed with this post 09-10-2008 at 02:18 PM
kobudo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #203
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ

Sounds about right for Japan Inc. They want our money and give us what THEY think we want, but don't really listen.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #204
Chiasmus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Small sportbike, big adventure tourer....damn--those are the two bikes I've been dying for! (Daytona 675 is good enough for the former, but the latter still eludes me.)
Chiasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:19 AM   #205
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,380
I too am a big Yami fan but have been dissapointed in there new bikes as of late. alot of attention on the cruiser mkt.

My wife has been looking for a small sport bike and I would love a yami dual sport in the litre class.

But since nothing came out I may have to look at the BMW's
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:35 AM   #206
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,244
I'd be looking to replace my aging '96 Tiger. So I'd be hoping for around 90hp and 400lbs...something that would handle long trips and harder-core off roading - maybe just 'that' much lighter than a 950 with the same capable suspension....mmmm....
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #207
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

I really like my Wee, but two up on a 650 is not ideal. I would love to go back to a liter bike, adventure type, but the choices are limited. The big Strom has it's share of problems, the GS is too bloody much money for a bike that is not as reliable as it should be, KTM 950 / 990, no thanks. From what I saw of my friends 950 ADV and my own 640 LC...KTM stands for Kant Take Much and they too are too much money to keep up for what they are IMHO. Throw in a local KTM dealer that sucks beyond all imagination, I'll pass thanks. The Italians...passion for sure, practical, probably not. Honda Verado, not in the US and I know very little about it anyway.

Does not leave much of a choice. Thank you Yamaha for another screw job.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #208
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobudo28
I really like my Wee, but two up on a 650 is not ideal. I would love to go back to a liter bike, adventure type, but the choices are limited. The big Strom has it's share of problems, the GS is too bloody much money for a bike that is not as reliable as it should be, KTM 950 / 990, no thanks. From what I saw of my friends 950 ADV and my own 640 LC...KTM stands for Kant Take Much and they too are too much money to keep up for what they are IMHO. Throw in a local KTM dealer that sucks beyond all imagination, I'll pass thanks. The Italians...passion for sure, practical, probably not. Honda Verado, not in the US and I know very little about it anyway.

Does not leave much of a choice. Thank you Yamaha for another screw job.
I am on the same boat, and my present alternative is to go back and get a new 07 Capo ABS.
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #209
kobudo28
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olie
I am on the same boat, and my present alternative is to go back and get a new 07 Capo ABS.
Sadly, we are the minority in the US. The profit for the big four in Japan are sport bikes (whose riders can seldom us 25% of the potential performance) and chrome laden luxo crusers. While I would never own a cruser for any reason but I have owned many sport bikes. As long as the demand and profits are there for Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki to market and sell sport bikes and crusers....that is all we will get.

Hats off to Suzuki for bringing the V-Strom to market. It may not be the most capable or the pretiest, but it is a good value and at least one of the big four has the balls to give us choice.

We can keep dreaming, but I suspect it will give us little but disapointment and nothing else but just that, a dream. Wish in one hand shit in the other and see which one fills up first.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #210
CMB
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Latest info about the new Superténéré engine report a parallel twin 1000cc, eight valve and not ten as on the Tdm engine, six speed gear and 110-115 hp / 11,0 kgm.
It's possible that the final transmission don't use a chain..finally a real GS/Stelvio competitor?
CMB is offline   Reply With Quote