ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 02:25 AM   #21706
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoab View Post
Don't think this has been posted here yet .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PM8-LGRfq6c

__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:27 AM   #21707
Dirt_Dad
Studly Adventurer
 
Dirt_Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Oddometer: 500
Great shot.

Even I'm thinking...god, I hope that's not stock suspension.
__________________
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere Blue
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere Raven
2012 Yamaha XT250
2013 Suzuki DR650SE
Dirt_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #21708
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 2,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
......aaaand maybe not.



My new screensaver


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #21709
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoab View Post
Don't think this has been posted here yet .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PM8-LGRfq6c

Phifffft. So he has a reflash.

Hey Jaumev, why is it all you great riders talk funny?
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #21710
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
My new screensaver


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That over the ass less chaps photo???
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #21711
swakop_toe
0100001001000101
 
swakop_toe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Oddometer: 21
The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack'dTiger View Post
It won't win any beauty contests, but functions great for me. No straps. Stays put. Paint friendly. Watertight. Easy on. Easy off.

With map pocket:


Without map pocket:


Cortech lock ring:


Not as big as it looks:


Dayum! That's the tank storage I am looking for!
Yes, yes, I have'nt posted much here before. Broadband is South Africa the 4th most expensive in the world, I think. So I mostly read the e-mails of all the banter. What an privilege :)

Anyhow, who makes the tank case please?!

Oh, and here is a piccy of my '10 XT1200Z ST 1st Edt. with here new claws.







Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

swakop_toe screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 10:03 AM
swakop_toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #21712
Jim Rowley
Rise above
 
Jim Rowley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Black Forest, Colorado
Oddometer: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Anyhow, who makes the tank case please?!
Pelican 1150.
__________________
Jim Rowley
Black Forest, CO
Jim Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #21713
snakebitten
Small Town Hick
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Coastal Texas
Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by swakop_toe View Post
Dayum! That's the tank storage I am looking for!
Yes, yes, I have'nt posted much here before. Broadband is South Africa the 4th most expensive in the world, I think. So I mostly read the e-mails of all the banter. What an privilege :)

Anyhow, who makes the tank case please?!

Oh, and here is a piccy of my '10 XT1200Z ST 1st Edt. with here new claws.




I admit to being biased, but THAT is a proper equipped Super Tenere! :)



So, can I ask........ How many miles you put on it?
__________________
**********************
XT1200Z BIGGEST Dirt Bike in the world
snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #21714
Dirty bike
Eval Innovations Inc
 
Dirty bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Ivins, UT
Oddometer: 809
What a turn of events... Pluric comes out of the closet finally. The leather can be explained many ways, but that gay assed bike? I don't think so. Do you see how clean that thing is? Probably smells like the show room even.

I bow to the photoshop master!

I guess you and Woody have just been doing all this as subtle advertising since you really never ride your bike at all. Wow! Fantastic scheme.

Do you even own a Super Ten, or do you just go down to the dealership when you need pictures? Good on you for protecting the finish on the plastic when posing with that trophy.

The youtube was fun. Gotta love how you can ride on someone else's bike for a day. Short camera people though. Midgets or forest pixies, I wonder? Love the shot from the stream bed.

Sorry, no content, not that there usually is here...
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #21715
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb
 
BobLoblaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
My new screensaver


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seek professional help, now
__________________
Ride till you can't - Marty Hill
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #21716
RideAbout
Mentally Retired
 
RideAbout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 1,660
Hummm.... ya zoom in a little on it....!

__________________
West - "Oeste Sanchez"
RideAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #21717
swakop_toe
0100001001000101
 
swakop_toe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I admit to being biased, but THAT is a proper equipped Super Tenere! :)



So, can I ask........ How many miles you put on it?

Thanks Snake! Going on 17,200mi young.
Third set of rubber. 1st the Battlewings, then Metzeler Tourance, now Mitas E-10s.

I mostly communte with her now. Gravel roads. 140mi 3times a week between my and my father in laws farms.

Planning a http://www.google.com/images?client=...w&ved=0CBEQsAQSanipass 7day trip for March. Those Rumbux crashbars have saved her a couple times already.

Oh, and nothing, but nothing faulty to date! So boring! ;)
Ah well, maybe one thing. The number plate light. Haven't even bothered to replace the bulb yet.



Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
swakop_toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #21718
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
I admit to being biased, but THAT is a proper equipped Super Tenere! :)


I like the proper dirt patina.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #21719
snakebitten
Small Town Hick
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Coastal Texas
Oddometer: 951
450 miles a week of gravel.

Now that's a dream commute.

Some guys have all the fun.
__________________
**********************
XT1200Z BIGGEST Dirt Bike in the world
snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #21720
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
What a turn of events... Pluric comes out of the closet finally. The leather can be explained many ways, but that gay assed bike? I don't think so. Do you see how clean that thing is? Probably smells like the show room even.

I bow to the photoshop master!

I guess you and Woody have just been doing all this as subtle advertising since you really never ride your bike at all. Wow! Fantastic scheme.

Do you even own a Super Ten, or do you just go down to the dealership when you need pictures? Good on you for protecting the finish on the plastic when posing with that trophy.

The youtube was fun. Gotta love how you can ride on someone else's bike for a day. Short camera people though. Midgets or forest pixies, I wonder? Love the shot from the stream bed.

Sorry, no content, not that there usually is here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
Hummm.... ya zoom in a little on it....!



Only fourth??? I gotta work on getting my gay on.


@Dirty bike, my bikes are always clean. I just don't complain about it as much as Git Ray.

I'm so excited because the new rims don't have a lip and will clean so much easier.
Hopefully with less of a chance of me breaking a nail.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014