ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #361
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer
 
capriccio's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
bump
You are the ultimate optimist.
__________________
Treat others as you would your loved ones and respect your loved ones as you would others.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #362
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio
You are the ultimate optimist.


I still hear the odd rumour that it's in the pipeline. Mind you, Yamaha had a bad 2008 in terms of bottom-line, so it may have been shelved.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #363
mr moto OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mr moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Praha Czech Republic
Oddometer: 590
I wonder which will come first ? The new Yamaha 1200 tenere , or the Honda v-4 powered africa quattro
mr moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #364
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr moto
I wonder which will come first ? The new Yamaha 1200 tenere , or the Honda v-4 powered africa quattro
AQ? That's not a bad name for it actually
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #365
wardo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wardo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Putney, VT
Oddometer: 175
AQ=African Queen?

Wardo
__________________
_________________________________
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650
2006 Kawasaki Concours
2008 Vespa GT 200
2010 Husaberg FE 390
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #366
stege
Wonderer
 
stege's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: wherever home is
Oddometer: 283
Wouldnt be a killing for the existing tenere sells to bring a same cat bike but with a 1200cc engine so soon?
I would love to be able to choose between super tenere 1200 and 1190 adventure but...im not so sure this bike will see the light of day any time soon....
__________________
the older I get the faster I was
stege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #367
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 16,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by stege
Wouldnt be a killing for the existing tenere sells to bring a same cat bike but with a 1200cc engine so soon?
I would love to be able to choose between super tenere 1200 and 1190 adventure but...im not so sure this bike will see the light of day any time soon....
no not everyone wants a 1200cc motor.
the 660 is a better trackable motor for most adv riding.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
, IDBDR this summer! , COBDR info, AZBDR - now shipping!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #368
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
no not everyone wants a 1200cc motor.
the 660 is a better trackable motor for most adv riding.
There's the rub. 90% of buyers for the 12GS, DL1000, Tiger 1050 et al are using them as grand-tourers. So that's where the money is, for the manufacturer.
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #369
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 16,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_rev
There's the rub. 90% of buyers for the 12GS, DL1000, Tiger 1050 et al are using them as grand-tourers. So that's where the money is, for the manufacturer.
guess it's the suv syndrom...never leaves the dirt.

that reinforce the need for 2 different bikes & they will not overlap each others buyer.
660 for the adv rider/dual-sporter
1200 for the paved road dudes who might dable in dirt

last i checked the beast thread count # was way less than thumpers...my guess is the 660 tenere would sell like hotcakes in the us. just the shear # klr buyers would move over.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
, IDBDR this summer! , COBDR info, AZBDR - now shipping!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #370
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
660 for the adv rider/dual-sporter
1200 for the paved road dudes who might dable in dirt

last i checked the beast thread count # was way less than thumpers...my guess is the 660 tenere would sell like hotcakes in the us. just the shear # klr buyers would move over.
The 660 Tenere is a bike I'd like to own, but I could upgrade my DR800 for 30% of the price. That said, if I was planning a true RTW or pan-continental journey I'd go for the Tenere everytime, for the FI and parts availability if nothing else. Plus they look cool as f**k .
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #371
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,310
I think the KTM SM-T and the forthcoming Ducati Strada Aperta will define the large cube class. Road only, tall sports bikes. Practical with lots of attitude. Maybe Yamaha will bring out a new TDM. They started the class with the TDR 250 and the TDM 850 after all.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #372
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 15,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
I think the KTM SM-T and the forthcoming Ducati Strada Aperta will define the large cube class. Road only, tall sports bikes. Practical with lots of attitude. Maybe Yamaha will bring out a new TDM. They started the class with the TDR 250 and the TDM 850 after all.
You might be right Paul, but the SMT and Aperta can't/won't be sold in high numbers, not even in BMW numbers, come to that..
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:03 AM   #373
mr moto OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mr moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Praha Czech Republic
Oddometer: 590
If someone does come out with the perfect motorcycle...what will we all talk about ?
mr moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #374
sequent
South Australia's own....
 
sequent's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr moto
If someone does come out with the perfect motorcycle...what will we all talk about ?
It will weigh too much and not have enough power....
__________________
In life, if you don't risk anything, you risk everything...
sequent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #375
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr moto
If someone does come out with the perfect motorcycle...what will we all talk about ?
The perfect set of Tits.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014