Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #4036
Wizzzzzzzzzzer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3B
Nthe footpeg studs arent secured enough, l)
agreed lost one somewhere in the bush last weekend --
Wizzzzzzzzzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:22 AM   #4037
RobinYST
Yamaha Super Ténéré

Oddometer: 6
Greg, I noticed you are using the original LED indicators from Yamaha on your bike. I really liked the them as well and decided to equip my own ST with them too. But last week I noticed the hazard lights only work when the engine is not running I did find some other topics on this issue where people used after market parts and they solved it by installing a different relay. Do you have the same problem as well?

FYI: In the Netherlands we like to use the hazard lights while trying to make our way through the traffic jams

And last but not least: thumbs up for this topic! I really enjoy reading it
RobinYST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:33 AM   #4038
obe01
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother
from the install pdf on the SW site, I can't see why you couldn't have them on together.. they appear to mount off the same 2 holes near the engine and the SW's then wrap around and pick up the engine support plate..

So I guess with the Yamaha bars in their complete state i.e. with the under headlight bars attached, it may not be possible.. however with that bar removed as per Wasp, it looks like you could simply mount the SW's then the Yamaha's over the top...

If that makes sense
+1 Warnabrother..
Thats what I was thinking mate and will most probably be doing.
Cheers,
Johnnie
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 AM   #4039
obe01
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Thumb Lower urban tinted screen

Hay greg,
Love that lower urban tinted screen mate.
So the big question is, where the fark can I get my hands on one mate.
Loving your work. Every time I log in and have a look at any new/modified accessories that you are playing with makes me more aware that I definately purchased the right bike..
Cheers,
Johnnie
Old 08-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #4040
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
""footpeg studs arent secured enough"

How is it designed to make this so, and how do you plan to make it much more secure? Just curious since probably won't be able to get one anyway here in the US of A but can dream and plan .

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #4041
R3B
Lazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu
the magical part is the low centre of gravity, as it's easy to catch the beast even when she wants to tip over - she just feels amzingly light.....
Yup.

It really is amazingly easy, just a little push on the pegs and it happily obliges to go up the rutt...

I'm accustomed to my old beemer jumping around at the backside and digging in its front side, but the S10 fells like a XT500, a bit lardy for real sandblasting, but ever so controlable.

Quote:
My bike has now done 2400km - Does yours also feel like it has a slight flat-spot between 4000-5000rpm when you are accelerating heavily?
What is your average fuel consumption now?
I seldom accelerate hard, but overtaking the crawling french was no problem at all, just open throttle and leave them in rubber dust, boy does it eat its knobbies :-(

The numberplate of the 660 is still klean, but the GTXT has it blackened like a good american steak.

We now are on travel speed, so laden with all the gear and doing the smallest backroads in Spain, it does about 1:22.

Riding on a N-road, where you can keep the speed more constant, (although it cost you your studs) it will drop to 1:25 at 95-110 km/h
Although it is verry frustrating to see 18 litres go into the tank at 370, while the 660 only takes 14,5 :-(

Riding tips: . -----www.LazyMotorbike.eu-----
R3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #4042
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mistake onWheels
hay OldDog, what's the "karoo" thingie you keep mentioning? Thanks. Justa nother illiterate yank.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #4043
Big Mistake onWheels
Banned

Oddometer: 316
thanks fellers. So a karoo's a tyre. Thought it might be a 9 legged,3 headed cousin of the Idaho deer that just ate my GS. Different animals down there in AussieLand. Love to see that place someday. Am trying to decide on a new Tenere(if they come to the US) or a GSA. Love to ride that Yamaha .
Big Mistake onWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #4044
hombacher
Niederrheiner

Oddometer: 20
Aaah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3B
[..], and the footpeg studs arent secured enough, lost one on the way [..]
...if you think to have lost the right hand stud, I assume, everybody will have lost it, as there is only mounted one on the left side due to the center stand.

Nevertheless, in my opinion there is a little bit low ground clearance in curves. So you are forced to use a very street oriented driving style, leaning instead of pushing.

Gruss
hombacher
hombacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #4045
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,022
I would buy a shorty with slot cut into it if the shipping was not so high
Old 08-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #4046
combo
D S N

Oddometer: 300
Xt1200z Video

Some may have seen this VID, but it was a first for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnY7HRPKykc

another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEHJvIqHpk

combo screwed with this post 08-31-2010 at 05:04 PM
combo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #4047
zeth609
Super Tenere *****

Oddometer: 33
Thumb Greetings from Colombia

Hey Wasp! Been checking this thread for 2 weeks now, I think you have the coolest S10 in the planet right now. :) I also have a Super Tenere, been with it for about 3 weeks now, never had a doubt about buying it. Used to have a wee, loved it, sold it with 50.000 KMS, (over here we ride all year long so we ride a lot) and the change was awesome.

In fact I'm so happy with it that I published a blog (sorry guys, spanish only) called "my trips in super tenere" in www.misviajesensupertenere.com .

I have a question, I'm thinking about getting some Stomp Grips for the tank, I already have some minor scratches due to knee hugging on the left side of the tank and I was wondering if your tank exhibits some scratching? If not I recommend you take a look at it and see for yourself, and if you know of some better product, let me know.

Anyway, keep the good work, I log in daily to see what else have you learned about the bike and have been a real help with some aftermarket parts (I´m currently waiting for SW Motech for my aftermarket parts).
zeth609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #4048
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth609
Hey Wasp! Been checking this thread for 2 weeks now, I think you have the coolest S10 in the planet right now. :) I also have a Super Tenere, been with it for about 3 weeks now, never had a doubt about buying it. Used to have a wee, loved it, sold it with 50.000 KMS, (over here we ride all year long so we ride a lot) and the change was awesome.

In fact I'm so happy with it that I published a blog (sorry guys, spanish only) called "my trips in super tenere" in www.misviajesensupertenere.com .

I have a question, I'm thinking about getting some Stomp Grips for the tank, I already have some minor scratches due to knee hugging on the left side of the tank and I was wondering if your tank exhibits some scratching? If not I recommend you take a look at it and see for yourself, and if you know of some better product, let me know.

Anyway, keep the good work, I log in daily to see what else have you learned about the bike and have been a real help with some aftermarket parts (I´m currently waiting for SW Motech for my aftermarket parts).
take a look at techspec products instead of stompgrips.. a much nicer product that is re-usable and does not destroy your clothing
http://www.techspec-usa.com/
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #4049
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
The big girl gets a glamour shoot...

shows clearly how the seat height is adjusted, as well as radiator and other stuff.

dcstrom screwed with this post 08-31-2010 at 05:47 PM
dcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #4050
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Nice blog Zeth, I`m do not know much Spanish but my South American ms does.
Just wonder since you had the Wee (which I got at the moment), is the XTZ1200 so much better?
It cost around 2X the money here in Australia.
The more I`m on this Wasp thread the more I want one since he is doing an excellent job and his bike looks absolutely awesome.
I will go to the local bike shop north of Brisbane and ask if they do test rides shortly, I bought the wee from them so they should give me a good deal.
It is just that I`m very careful next time I buy my next bike since I really hate the wind buffeting and do not want another one as bad as the wee.
Hopefully Wasp can work something out in the future regarding this topic.
Cheers.
Red Dust is offline   Reply With Quote