ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #571
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative
 
llamapacker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Doyline, Louisiana
Oddometer: 1,168
Appears to be a 270 degree crank. Near throw is at the top while the far throw is like 90 degrees.

95mm X 66.2mm = 938cc
__________________
14 KTM 1190 Adventure
14 500xc-w
llamapacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #572
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker
Appears to be a 270 degree crank. Near throw is at the top while the far throw is like 90 degrees.

95mm X 66.2mm = 938cc
wow, your either good or playing around.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #573
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
protondecay123's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT
In Alberta, said that the Tenere is not in 2010 line up for Canada. If we see it, it'll be 2011 or later.
Heard the same from Yamaha USA today.

(800) 962-7926

They did take my information and said that they would be keeping up with the number of "inquiries".

There's no guarantee and in keeping with Yamaha history it probably will not appear here. But, If you would like to see this bike come to the USA do call
__________________
Sometimes the Lights are all Shinin' on Me
Other times I can barely see
Lately It Occurs to Me
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #574
Dust Buster
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dust Buster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by protondecay123
Here's some new photos to throw in the mix. Hope you enjoy!



150-70/17" but for god sake wake up Yamaha, we are living in the 20 century, they got to be kidding us, 17" now way, 18" in the rear is the only way to go!

And 21" in the front.

18-21 is the only way for a true adventure/travellersbike!
__________________
/Dust Buster - KTM 990 S - Super eXplorer™ IBA #53252

Pics of my old and new rides http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/w...s%20Bikepedia/
Dust Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #575
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Buster
150-70/17" but for god sake wake up Yamaha, we are living in the 20 century, they got to be kidding us, 17" now way, 18" in the rear is the only way to go!

And 21" in the front.

18-21 is the only way for a true adventure/travellersbike!
it's a beast dude, get over it. yami is going after/following in the footsteps of bmw oilhead gs (not ktm adv nor the 800gs). the TUBELESS tires (not found on the ktm nor the 800gs) are 110-19" & 150-17". the same size on the strom, tiger, varadero & others and are well represented by many mfg (& more new emerging ones as time goes on). you're living in another century if you think any mfg is gonna go outside of those sizes for tubeless tired beasts. that is THE size to shoot for just like most modern 650 class adv thumpers will go for 21" & 130-17". ktm is playing by themself w/ these other sizes.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com

eakins screwed with this post 10-22-2009 at 11:16 PM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #576
mr moto OP
Studly Adventurer
 
mr moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Praha Czech Republic
Oddometer: 592
For me and most others who are interested in this bike, a 21 inch front wheel on a bike that will spend the vast majority of its time on tarmac would be a real liability way too skinny for wet greasy tarmac . Anyway the right tyres matter far more than the wheel size.And btw...we are now in the 21,st century
mr moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #577
crashmaster
ow, my balls!
 
crashmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Girdweed, AK
Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC8TY
What am I missing?

I clicked the link and only saw some motorcycle parts wrapped in rags......
Yeah, its amazing how some folks know so much about this bike already. Damn thing doenst even have a motor in it. Looks like a frame with a skid plate to me. I think I'll keep my KTM
__________________
Riding the Americas: No Fumar Español
_____________________________________________

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #578
stege
Wonderer
 
stege's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: wherever home is
Oddometer: 287
Can it be equipped with 18/21 but both tubeless? A puncture would take 5min to fix in the middle of nowhere. Isn't this the goal for an adv bike? Why go with tubes and have to carry heavy tools for a simple puncture that would take hours to fix on your own in the wild...?
__________________
the older I get the faster I was
stege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #579
GSDonovan
There and back again
 
GSDonovan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: East Greenwich, RI
Oddometer: 853
New GS competitor from Yamaha?

Sorry if this is "205"....check this out....

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/toky...ere-concept/#2
GSDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #580
maalstroom
Ferret Legger
 
maalstroom's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Laguna Madre
Oddometer: 458
There is about 30 pages about this bike in "beasts". The concept bike is not my style, but the artists renditions in that thread are beautiful, and I am very interested if this bike shows up here.

Nick
__________________
......................
My gears grind more and more each day.
maalstroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #581
rwamf
Follow me
 
rwamf's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Odessa TX USA
Oddometer: 1,348
Just what the ADV crowd wants a off-road bike with lots of Chrome, well at least the Harley crowd will look at it.
At least they are talking about making a big DS,, but as most of the Japanese bikes like this, will it be a NON US model???????
__________________
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ RWE
Robert

rwamf homepage
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #582
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
it's a beast dude, get over it. yami is going after/following in the footsteps of bmw oilhead gs (not ktm adv nor the 800gs). the TUBELESS tires (not found on the ktm nor the 800gs) are 110-19" & 150-17". the same size on the strom, tiger, varadero & others and are well represented by many mfg (& more new emerging ones as time goes on). you're living in another century if you think any mfg is gonna go outside of those sizes for tubeless tired beasts. that is THE size to shoot for just like most modern 650 class adv thumpers will go for 21" & 130-17". ktm is playing by themself w/ these other sizes.
I agree Bill; I think the new S10 is (hopefully) a class-leading trailie with the same service intervals as BMW (6000m/10000km) but better reliability and cheaper running costs. But it's meant for the same kind of job, which for most buyers is a 90/10 on-road off-road split.

You can't blame them, it's where the money is at.
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #583
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer
 
itsatdm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Nor Ca.
Oddometer: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster
Yeah, its amazing how some folks know so much about this bike already. Damn thing doenst even have a motor in it. Looks like a frame with a skid plate to me. I think I'll keep my KTM
Actually, I can see enough to believe the motor is based on the TDM engine.
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #584
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dezzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 325
http://www.gizmag.com/yamaha-super-t...icture/103097/
__________________
Honda MSX125
SKYTEAM DAX 125 (ST70 COPY)
Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #585
configurationspace
delooper
 
configurationspace's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Kanadia
Oddometer: 8,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwamf
Just what the ADV crowd wants a off-road bike with lots of Chrome, well at least the Harley crowd will look at it.
At least they are talking about making a big DS,, but as most of the Japanese bikes like this, will it be a NON US model???????
Technically that's not a motorcycle. It's a sculpture. It doesn't have an engine. Or hand grips. Or, well, you name it.

It sounds like the real thing will be a genuine enduro bike + ABS.
configurationspace is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014