User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #6721
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,404
FFS children......

MODS, can we put all this crap in a seperate post called "Americans squabling about the price of a bike that the rest of the world pays 50% more for and twice the taxes"and get back on track with discussions about the bike itself.

No offence meant to anyone personally, and there have been some informative posts, but for Gods sake, I like reading and posting in this thread but it is getting extremely tedious.

And if you realy must know, I paid the MSRP of $21746.89 including 17.5% tax (in British pounds) and I have a great dealer.

Back on topic: I have just fitted a Waspworks screen adjuster and an MVA Vario screen. 1 days testing so far but it looks (feels) very promising. More to come.

Old Git Ray screwed with this post 02-05-2011 at 01:20 AM
Old Git Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #6722
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git Ray View Post
FFS children......

MODS, can we put all this crap in a seperate post called "Americans squabling about the price of a bike that the rest of the world pays 50% more for and twice the taxes" and get back on track with discussions about the bike itself.
+1

but you also have to understand how frustrating the wait must be for our Yank brothers..........
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #6723
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
+1

but you also have to understand how frustrating the wait must be for our Yank brothers..........
Wait your azz off fellow Americans. I'm sitting here in Japan where the S10 will cost me $20,000 after the exchange rate, so no sympathy from me. It's to the point now that I don't expect to own this bike anytime soon. The 2011 version in Japan is without the 1st edition's hard cases, but the price has not dropped one bit. Typical, greedy Japanese company practice..gotta stick it to the home crowd. Even if the exhange rate were 1:1 the USD price would be about $16,000 However that would be much more doable for me.
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #6724
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,247
Exactly, it is not like anyone could actually ride it right now, or even pick it up. Even here (Louisiana) the city is closed with ice/snow and 22F out.

My MTS12 just sits in the garage waiting, which is where the Super Tenere would be if I had it.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #6725
Projected
Single Track Attack

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Pot, kettle, black.

- Mark
Dear Marky Mark,
My original response was to Knight who was bent out of shape because kpm used the term "OTD +tax". I didn't feel then, and I still don't feel now that it is a difficult term to understand what kpm was getting at.

But here we are, still talking about it. I guess you have a high post count for a reason (I understand this is very important amongst typical internet dorks)..... And yes I'm sure it's high because you are a super knowledgeable, pro level riding, internet forum posting authority.

Is it possible to end this now?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #6726
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,381
Interesting. I just found out for part of the reason why items are cheaper in the USA. According to my source, it's because the world uses the U.S. dollar as it's universal currency. Its why the price of a barrel of oil in the world market, is in U.S. dollars and not say, German Franks or the Euro. I dont understand it fully and don't even know if it's true, but the prediction is that because of the massive US debt this could soon change, and when it does, items like these bikes will be priced way higher like what you fellas pay in your countries. Overnight too btw.

But hey, I dont mean to stoke this off topic, topic.

Anyone using Wasps adjuster and the stock screen ?

Frank

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #6727
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,490
Quote:
Anyone using Wasps adjuster and the stock screen ?
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #6728
drbig
Solo Sailor

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git ray View Post
ffs children......

Mods, can we put all this crap in a seperate post called "americans squabling about the price of a bike that the rest of the world pays 50% more for and twice the taxes"and get back on track with discussions about the bike itself.

No offence meant to anyone personally, and there have been some informative posts, but for gods sake, i like reading and posting in this thread but it is getting extremely tedious.

And if you realy must know, i paid the msrp of $21746.89 including 17.5% tax (in british pounds) and i have a great dealer.

Back on topic: I have just fitted a waspworks screen adjuster and an mva vario screen. 1 days testing so far but it looks (feels) very promising. More to come.
1+
drbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #6729
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,443
Quote:
+1

feet of snow here and sub zero (Fahrenheit) temps still....I can wait. I have other toys to play with

I think it will be alot of bike for the money...unlike a $50K blinged out chrome piece of butt jewelry
freeflow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #6730
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projected View Post
Dear Marky Mark,
My original response was to Knight who was bent out of shape because kpm used the term "OTD +tax". I didn't feel then, and I still don't feel now that it is a difficult term to understand what kpm was getting at.

But here we are, still talking about it. I guess you have a high post count for a reason (I understand this is very important amongst typical internet dorks)..... And yes I'm sure it's high because you are a super knowledgeable, pro level riding, internet forum posting authority.

Is it possible to end this now?
With remarks like that I think its unlikely.

Fight it out in PM please.
At least 3 of us so far and I'm sure there are more, are sick to death of the playground squabling.

Re read your post and ask yourself the question in your last line.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #6731
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
......... Anyone using Wasps adjuster and the stock screen ?

Frank
I cannot oblige, I only have the "big" Yamaha one and the MRA one...

Sorry, Ray
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #6732
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
I cannot oblige, I only have the "big" Yamaha one and the MRA one...

Sorry, Ray
I am looking forward to your thoughts on the MRA Vario, Ray. I had a Vario on my KLR and liked it. Please let us know how the Vario plus Greg's adjuster works out.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #6733
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
+1

Yes it is frustrating, thank you. Not only waiting for this bike, but the fact that I am not riding any bike right now because of the terrible weather.

What's funny is that once I actually do get my S10, I will likely not post here as much because I will be riding it in my spare time.
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #6734
Projected
Single Track Attack

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
With remarks like that I think its unlikely.

Fight it out in PM please.
At least 3 of us so far and I'm sure there are more, are sick to death of the playground squabling.

Re read your post and ask yourself the question in your last line.
I'm already done, but thanks for keeping it alive Ray
Old 02-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #6735
ptfjjj
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Well, it is warm enough to ride here in east central Florida year round, so every day that I wait is another day that I could have been riding my new S10.
ptfjjj is offline   Reply With Quote