ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #7231
Animo
Beastly n00b
 
Animo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Playa del Carmen
Oddometer: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
no, you are just wasting time and bandwidth arguing with trolls, especially since it has little to do with the S10. By doing so, you just encourage them to post more worthless shite

You know what? You are right. Let stick to the subject and correct pohotos.......

So, yesterday the wife and I took the F650T and the Supa12 for a spin and it was fantastic fun






__________________
Life is good, even in adversity!

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #7232
Firefight911
Studly Adventurer
 
Firefight911's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post
You know what? You are right. Let stick to the subject and correct pohotos.......

So, yesterday the wife and I took the F650T and the Supa12 for a spin and it was fantastic fun







I fail to see ANY motorcycles in that picture. NOT one. Nice sunglasses though. :)
__________________
Ride Safe, Ride Often, RIDE!!!!
Firefight911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #7233
Goldie05
Fast George
 
Goldie05's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post
So, yesterday the wife and I took the F650T and the Supa12 for a spin and it was fantastic fun







Where's the F650?

I only see two hot ladies the one wearing glasses is nice too
__________________
12 Yamaha Super Ténéré
Alaska Trip
Cross Country Trip
Riding USA Blog
GeorgeFPhotography
Goldie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #7234
mobyfubar
cd /;rm -rf *
 
mobyfubar's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Hilliard, OH, US
Oddometer: 251
Well, that's all right then

All is forgiven, Supa12 Pilot
__________________
==BD
'08 Street Triple, '06 ST1300, '12 Super Ténéré
AMA, MSTA, CMH-MOTO
mobyfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #7235
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 837
excellent


boobies are always on topic here
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #7236
Rick West
Function not Farkles
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Out West For Awhile
Oddometer: 1,222
Lots of talk here about the ST not arriving on the original promised schedule. Has anyone heard why Yamaha is delaying the delivery of the ST to the US and Canada?
__________________
KTM 990 - The only real "dual" sport in the big Adventure bike class
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #7237
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Lots of talk here about the ST not arriving on the original promised schedule. Has anyone heard why Yamaha is delaying the delivery of the ST to the US and Canada?
There's a rumor about CA and NY emissions certification causing the delay but it is unsubstantiated. I suspect it's more likely just the usual delays in getting a new bike out in a new market.

BTW, the "delay" isn't very significant (yet). At face value, it's about 30 days. People high on the list were being told "sometime in May" and are now being told "sometime in June" and for all we know it could work out to be June 1 rather than May 30. (Or there could be further slips, of course.) There is some grousing from folks who are only a week or two down on the list and were counting on May who are being bumped into July and Aug, but it was always wishful thinking that Yamaha would ship huge numbers right out of the chute. The FJR PDP's tended to "ramp up" even after they had done it a few times. The PDP is not for everyone.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #7238
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
There's a rumor about CA and NY emissions certification causing the delay but it is unsubstantiated. I suspect it's more likely just the usual delays in getting a new bike out in a new market.



Since when does NY have separate emissions standards?????
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #7239
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer
 
upweekis's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana-We Tax Everything!
Oddometer: 2,132
your wife work at "Hooters?"
__________________
2013 KLR
2013 DL-six fitty
32nd
upweekis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #7240
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post


Since when does NY have separate emissions standards?????
I'm just reporting the rumor, I'm not the source. But I know states have the option to adapt the CA standards if they want and I have heard of an occasional reference to separate NY emissions certification. This stuff is arcane so nothing would surprise me.

There seems to be a pretty good consensus that Yamaha is going to ship separate CA and 49-state models. Perhaps it is CA/NY and 48-state instead?

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #7241
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
I'm just reporting the rumor, I'm not the source. But I know states have the option to adapt the CA standards if they want and I have heard of an occasional reference to separate NY emissions certification. This stuff is arcane so nothing would surprise me.

There seems to be a pretty good consensus that Yamaha is going to ship separate CA and 49-state models. Perhaps it is CA/NY and 48-state instead?

- Mark


Well we will know soon enough. If the NY bikes have the California emissions standards (which would be news to me), the NY bikes will have that extra crap that california bikes have like charcoal exhaust canisters or whatever it is they do.
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #7242
Firefight911
Studly Adventurer
 
Firefight911's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 997
Personally, let those who are so upset retract their deposit. Bumps me up on the list as a result. BwaaHaaaHaaaa!!!!

I'll wait until it gets here. Only one thing will cause me to retract my order and I highly doubt that that scenario will happen. BMW bought one bike back. I don't think they'll buy the other bike and replace it though I have asked them to.
__________________
Ride Safe, Ride Often, RIDE!!!!
Firefight911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #7243
A Knight Who Says Ni
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwfan View Post
Personally, let those who are so upset retract their deposit. Bumps me up on the list as a result. BwaaHaaaHaaaa!!!!

I'll wait until it gets here. Only one thing will cause me to retract my order and I highly doubt that that scenario will happen. BMW bought one bike back. I don't think they'll buy the other bike and replace it though I have asked them to.


another guy that should probably change his screen name
A Knight Who Says Ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #7244
Firefight911
Studly Adventurer
 
Firefight911's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
another guy that should probably change his screen name
Once I have it, we'll see about that!

Hmmm, what ever shall it be.....
__________________
Ride Safe, Ride Often, RIDE!!!!
Firefight911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #7245
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,551
Thumb Outstanding!!!

~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post


You know what? You are right. Let stick to the subject and correct pohotos.......


So, yesterday the wife and I took the F650T and the Supa12 for a spin and it was fantastic fun









More! More! More!

Thanks!

Dallara



~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014