~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie05 View Post

Just received an e-mail from my dealer to inform me about delivery

"Yamaha says they will have all Super Teneres delivered by end of August
"

I so hope it's true

It's true...

Nice that they are giving those who canceled a chance to reinstate their orders...

Wonder what all those folks who canceled and bought other bikes are thinking now?

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #8132
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Congratulations Yamaha, only 3 months behind the original schedule is amazing under the circumstances.

P.S. you know those guys that were pissing and moaning and badmouthing you when you couldn't give a fixed delivery date? I think you shouldn't reinstate their orders.... let them go buy a BMW, give them something to REALLY moan about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
~

It's true...

~
Old 05-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #8133
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
Congratulations Yamaha, only 3 months behind the original schedule is amazing under the circumstances.

P.S. you know those guys that were pissing and moaning and badmouthing you when you couldn't give a fixed delivery date? I think you shouldn't reinstate their orders.... let them go buy a BMW, give them something to REALLY moan about!
I think they are too late. They have already purchased GS's & GSA's which they will be able to pickup in 3 weeks or so...

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #8134
Goldie05
Fast George

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post
I think they are too late. They have already purchased GS's & GSA's which they will be able to pickup in 3 weeks or so...

Good, we will be seeing them on the side of the road waiting for BMW or whatever assistance
Riding USA Blog
GeorgeFPhotography
Goldie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #8135
Big Mistake onWheels
Banned

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie05 View Post
Good, we will be seeing them on the side of the road waiting for BMW or whatever assistance
Ha ha ha. I sqwacked about Yammy NOT saying when deliveries would START. Been lookin at another stinkie GS too. Gawd. Couldn't pull the trigger. Had 2 new beemers. ALL my lawnmowers were better. Was takin a shower (2nd one this year) this A M ,goin to beemer dealer to dicker some more. Don't have to NOW! Still wish Yamaha'd say when deliveries will START. But August is good. Do tonnes of ridin in fall anyway. Ya noed, I can getta new dirk bike(Yammy) AND the Tenere for price of one stinkie Big Mistake on Wheels. Yeah. My luck holds....still. Allah loves me...maybe.
Big Mistake onWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #8136
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,753
Eh? How stuuuuuupid am I!

For the past couple of months now, I guess for the past 6,000km, my Super12 has not been feeling quite the same. I felt that especially last week when I rode 700km to Belize, cruised around for a week and came back home.

It started all of a sudden. What was wrong was not very noticeable. It was not "something is wrong" noticeable. In the back of my mind the bike just felt "different".

My fingers in my right hand started tingling after riding for an hour or so. That never happened before. If I rode 3hrs straight my fingers went numb. For some reason I felt the bike vibrating more than usual, it definitely felt "different".

The "lighter feeling" of the bike subsided. The Tenere started feeling pretty heavy, especially backing it down the gravel driveway. It always felt as heavy as my f650gs. The Tenere for some reason suddenly gained weight, lots of it. Parking was more difficult, walking it backwards or forward was challenging all of a sudden. WTF!?!?!

The Tenere was not as well balanced either. I almost dropped it a couple of times in parking lots and had to start making sure I had a firm foot on the ground to keep the bike steady while stopped. It tended to lean a lot more. The "well centered balance" was gone somehow. Again, not 100% noticeable, I thought it must have been me.

In dirt the Tenere didn’t feel the same either. Cornering became a little unstable, it never did that before, I just thought I was going too fast. The center balance I once had just wasn't the same anymore.

It did not handle sand the way it used to, especially deep sand. For some reason when I hit deep sand before it just forged on and if I need a little balance I would just tap my foot down to regain any loss of balance. The bike would just straighten out. Not anymore. When I hit deep sand the bike would lean so much on corners that the front wheel would bog down and throw me forward. WTF!?!? Putting my foot down for balance made it even worse, I almost dropped the bike in sand a couple of times. WTF?!?!

The other day I was loaded down, including a duffle bag strapped on the pillion seat. I had a really difficult time mounting the bike as I could not do a full swing on my leg over the seat as the duffel bag was in the way. Luckily the side stand is super strong and well placed because I had to mount the bike by using the peg on many occasions.

Yesterday I was detailing the bike and took off the seat. I sprayed a good dose of WD40 everywhere and took off the plastic seat adjustor to clean the little compartm........ WTF!!!!!

They must have placed the seat adjustor on the high setting at Yamaha when I went in for a 6,000KM service! I had been riding for weeks with a monster high seat. I cannot believe I never noticed! The bike just felt "wrong".

What a dip shit I am! At least now I know what a 1,200GS really feels like........

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #8137
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mistake onWheels View Post
Ya noed, I can getta new dirk bike(Yammy) AND the Tenere for price of one stinkie Big Mistake on Wheels.
Yeah that will work... get the dirt bike NOW, go riding in whatever snow and mud is left in your neck of the woods, hone your skills in time for the S10 in August. Perfect.

Trevor
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #8138
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mistake onWheels View Post
. Had 2 new beemers. ALL my lawnmowers were better.
Were they Honda's ?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #8139
slipknot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa12 Pilot View Post
For the past couple of months now, I guess for the past 6,000km, my Super12 has not been feeling quite the same. I felt that especially last week when I rode 700km to Belize, cruised around for a week and came back home.

It started all of a sudden. What was wrong was not very noticeable. It was not "something is wrong" noticeable. In the back of my mind the bike just felt "different".

My fingers in my right hand started tingling after riding for an hour or so. That never happened before. If I rode 3hrs straight my fingers went numb. For some reason I felt the bike vibrating more than usual, it definitely felt "different".

The "lighter feeling" of the bike subsided. The Tenere started feeling pretty heavy, especially backing it down the gravel driveway. It always felt as heavy as my f650gs. The Tenere for some reason suddenly gained weight, lots of it. Parking was more difficult, walking it backwards or forward was challenging all of a sudden. WTF!?!?!

The Tenere was not as well balanced either. I almost dropped it a couple of times in parking lots and had to start making sure I had a firm foot on the ground to keep the bike steady while stopped. It tended to lean a lot more. The "well centered balance" was gone somehow. Again, not 100% noticeable, I thought it must have been me.

In dirt the Tenere didn’t feel the same either. Cornering became a little unstable, it never did that before, I just thought I was going too fast. The center balance I once had just wasn't the same anymore.

It did not handle sand the way it used to, especially deep sand. For some reason when I hit deep sand before it just forged on and if I need a little balance I would just tap my foot down to regain any loss of balance. The bike would just straighten out. Not anymore. When I hit deep sand the bike would lean so much on corners that the front wheel would bog down and throw me forward. WTF!?!? Putting my foot down for balance made it even worse, I almost dropped the bike in sand a couple of times. WTF?!?!

The other day I was loaded down, including a duffle bag strapped on the pillion seat. I had a really difficult time mounting the bike as I could not do a full swing on my leg over the seat as the duffel bag was in the way. Luckily the side stand is super strong and well placed because I had to mount the bike by using the peg on many occasions.

Yesterday I was detailing the bike and took off the seat. I sprayed a good dose of WD40 everywhere and took off the plastic seat adjustor to clean the little compartm........ WTF!!!!!

They must have placed the seat adjustor on the high setting at Yamaha when I went in for a 6,000KM service! I had been riding for weeks with a monster high seat. I cannot believe I never noticed! The bike just felt "wrong".

What a dip shit I am! At least now I know what a 1,200GS really feels like........
That is funny. Well, not if you just bought a GS.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #8140
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,317
Lets say a dealer kept a PDP cancellation and then sold it to another customer.

What happens if the original guy who cancelled now wants to reinstate his order?

Quote:
~

It's true...

Nice that they are giving those who canceled a chance to reinstate their orders...

Wonder what all those folks who canceled and bought other bikes are thinking now?

Dallara

~
Old 05-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #8141
jgunsett
Goin' Coastal

Oddometer: 497
Good question. That could get a little messy.

"Life's Short - Turn Up the Bass!"
jgunsett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #8142
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,333
I see two people fighting over the last Cabbage Patch Doll reinacted...
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #8143
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,712
Laugh Stayin' in the game...

~

Yep. Stuff like that is what makes me glad I stuck it out. Somebody, somewhere - be it dealer or buyer - is going to have their blood pressure rising at some point. Will be interesting to hear if it's anybody around here.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #8144
~TABASCO~
www.rideonadv.com

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
~

Yep. Stuff like that is what makes me glad I stuck it out. Somebody, somewhere - be it dealer or buyer - is going to have their blood pressure rising at some point. Will be interesting to hear if it's anybody around here.

Dallara

~

Ive seen it already on another forum.. One or two guys that gave there up are all looking for another now... asking everyone where one might be..... Yamaha said they could get back in line, so I dont understand why they are freaking out ?
~TABASCO~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #8145
Hernia
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Brings tears to my eyes

Yeah!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!! I can't wait.... Actually I can wait just a little longer.
Hernia is offline   Reply With Quote