Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011, 05:56 AM   #8971
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking View Post
I stopped by to visit Al Jesse last weekend and noticed that he was already tooling up for his bags to fit. He is also on the verge of releasing some new secret-stuff that he would not let me photograph but there is definitely an upgrade coming.

Thanks mate - they's my bags! Hard to get progress reports out of Jesse, so good to get one from you

Trevor
Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #8972
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,808
Al seemed very impressed with the performance and value of the new Tenerie and is convinced that if the price remains stable, it can outsell the pricier GS1200. He almost persuaded me to try one next trade-in time.
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #8973
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
Yeah It looks bad there, but it looks to me like those new parts are just sitting on top of the existing rack and pillion seet. In other words, when properly fitted they will be a LOT lower.

Trevor
Yes, some of those parts were just laying there and not bent or fitted yet. Although I am unfamiliar with the bike, I could see that he has engineered some super-strong reinforcement brackets for the stock supports.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #8974
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
He almost persuaded me to try one next trade-in time.
Why hesitate, especially the kind of traveling you do, such a dependable relaxing ride (some punters even call it dull)
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #8975
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post
Why hesitate, especially the kind of traveling you do, such a dependable relaxing ride (some punters even call it dull)
This is a consideration for the China Ride next year but for now, I still gotta wear out my 2010 GS1200. At 22,000 miles we have just seated the rings...
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #8976
klebs01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by japako View Post
Good luck, and I hope you get your bike in the morning..
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAbout View Post
Like this one of you and the salesman closing the deal?

Good News! I finally got my bike! Exactly 11 months to the day since I put the order in.

I almost had a photo like that taken when the sales guy told me the 5.99 at 72 months deal was not available anymore because of the change in dealership for delivery. He put in a few calls and gave me some other options while we were waiting for Yamaha Corporate to call back. I ended up going with the 3.99 for 36 as I am planning on paying it off by then, and I could be out of there with that deal in 15 minute instead of waiting an hour or more for Yamaha in CA to start work.

Not sure if it is just the euphoria from picking up a brand new bike or not, but the guys at the dealer didn't seem that bad, and it sounded like the sales guy did tell them to have it ready. Oh well, maybe I'll give them another shot for the first service. Damn I am excited to have this bike. Not sure how much work I will get done the rest of the day.
klebs01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #8977
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 602
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by klebs01 View Post
Not sure if it is just the euphoria from picking up a brand new bike or not, but the guys at the dealer didn't seem that bad, and it sounded like the sales guy did tell them to have it ready. Oh well, maybe I'll give them another shot for the first service. Damn I am excited to have this bike. Not sure how much work I will get done the rest of the day.
Congrats! now ENJOY your new scoot!
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #8978
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
This is a consideration for the China Ride next year but for now, I still gotta wear out my 2010 GS1200. At 22,000 miles we have just seated the rings...
Yeah taht is a bit too pristine to dump, if its a depandable one, we had lesser luck it broke in two after lots of electric and other gremlins knawed at it :-)
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #8979
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by klebs01 View Post
Good News! I finally got my bike!
Congratulations! Screw work, new bikes don't happen often. This is my first new-new one in something like 35 years! Have a ball!

As for the dealer for service, you might check around and see what experience others have had in your area. Do it quick, because the initial 600 miles service comes REALLY fast!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #8980
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,161
Sorry to put this in this thread again but I'm not allowed to post this in the Fleamarket because I don't actually own the bike (mods deleted my post there) and I'm REALLY in need of someone to buy this bike so I can get my deposit back.

I just got the call from my dealer and the bike is put together and in the showroom, ready for someone out there to purchase. He also made it clear that my $500 deposit was in jeopardy and would slowly disappear the longer it stays in the showroom (all understandable, but inconvenient for my pocketbook as the reason I can't get it is I'm already low on funds and this is another $500 I'll be out). Soooo, if anyone is on the fence or knows someone that would like one, please send them to Wayne at the number listed below.

Also wanted to make it understood that the the way a PDP bike warranty works is the warranty would initially be in my name and transfer to the new owner after a month or so. Just the way the PDP program works since it's all pinned to my name. No impact on what would be covered under warranty at all. The title and all other paperwork, of course, goes directly into the buyers name.

Note that I still have new-in-the-box Micatech V2 panniers (black, 10") with SW-Motech racks and pannier liners available for local pick-up for $1,095 which is a fair savings compared to ordering, and shipping, from Micatech. I'm willing to sell and ship them, too, but would need to take them in for a shipping estimate. We can work something out, though, as I need to sell them.

I can pick you up at the Helena airport (20 minutes from my house and only 5 minutes to the dealership) for a fly and ride and put you up one night at my house. Can help install panniers and we could also do your first oil change after you put on 30 - 100 miles here locally. Lot's of great riding around here.

Dealer info:
Outdoor Motor sports Inc.
3654 Hwy 12E
Helena Mt. 59601
406-449-6595

Open:
Tuesday thru Friday - 9:00AM till 5:30PM
Saturday - 9:00AM till 5:00PM

Chadx screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 09:51 AM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #8981
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx View Post
Sorry to put this in this thread again but I'm not allowed to post this in the Fleamarket because I don't actually own the bike (mods deleted my post there) and I'm REALLY in need of someone to buy this bike so I can get my deposit back.

I just got the call from my dealer and the bike is put together and in the showroom, ready for someone out there to purchase. He also made it clear that my $500 deposit was in jeopardy and would slowly disappear the longer it stays in the showroom (all understandable, but inconvenient for my pocketbook as the reason I can't get it is I'm already low on funds and this is another $500 I'll be out). Soooo, if anyone is on the fence or knows someone that would like one, please send them to Wayne at the number listed below.

Also wanted to make it understood that the the way a PDP bike warranty works is the warranty would initially be in my name and transfer to the new owner after a month or so. Just the way the PDP program works since it's all pinned to my name. No impact on what would be covered under warranty at all. The title and all other paperwork, of course, goes directly into the buyers name.

Note that I still have new-in-the-box Micatech V2 panniers (black, 10") with SW-Motech racks and pannier liners available for local pick-up for $1,095 which is a fair savings compared to ordering, and shipping, from Micatech. I'm willing to sell and ship them, too, but would need to take them in for a shipping estimate. We can work something out, though, as I need to sell them.

I can pick you up at the Helena airport (20 minutes from my house) for a fly and ride and put you up one night at my house. Can help install panniers and we could also do your first oil change after you put on 30 - 100 miles here locally. Lot's of great riding around here.

Dealer info:
Outdoor Motor sports Inc.
3654 Hwy 12E
Helena Mt. 59601
406-449-6595

Open:
Tuesday thru Friday - 9:00AM till 5:30PM
Saturday - 9:00AM till 5:00PM
You should have posted it in the other Tenere thread I think. That is the one where buyers are looking for available bikes.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #8982
Goldie05
Fast George

Oddometer: 612
I'm sure this has been talked about but I'm at work, no time to search

Got my bike last Friday, already have 550 miles, called the dealer for service and was told they are really busy and it is going to take a few hours and so on, BS, he even mentioned it might need valve adjustment, WTF is he talking about?

What is done at the 600 mile service?

Sorry, no time to research , need the service done so I can ride this weekend
Riding USA Blog
GeorgeFPhotography
Goldie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #8983
spklbuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Change engine oil, final drive oil and check exhaust bolts are the main 3 things.

Go get Yammie oil and filter at a dealer, do it yourself and keep the receipts. Was told this by the service manager/warranty guy at the dealer (4 hours away) where mine was purchased.

Valve check...sounds like complete BS to me too.
spklbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #8984
RogerJ
Waypoint Wanderer

Oddometer: 213
Those are the main elements (lubricants and filter) of the 600 mile or 1000 km service if memory serves. They will also want to check the clutch operation is fine.

Re: they may want to check the valve clearances.......While the recommended interval for this is something like at 6000 km checking this earlier may not be a bad idea if rough running is suspected. NOTE: MY BAD HERE... I MUST HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THROTTLE BODY SYNCH OR SOMETHING..........THERE IS DEFINITELY NOT ANY VALVE CLEARANCE CHECK UNTIL AROUND 40,000 KMS.

You need to check your owners manual re: the recommended service intervals. Also, you need to download the big Service Manual that has the whole story. Good luck!

RogerJ screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 11:45 AM
RogerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #8985
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
Change engine oil, final drive oil and check exhaust bolts are the main 3 things.

Go get Yammie oil and filter at a dealer, do it yourself and keep the receipts. Was told this by the service manager/warranty guy at the dealer (4 hours away) where mine was purchased.

Valve check...sounds like complete BS to me too.
Mine will take place in my garage. I'm gonna use plain ol dino 10 W 40 for first oil change and later on switch to synthetic (Rotella T6 unless they change formulation). Walmart super tech works for this and superteck filter 7317 or 6607 after skid plate installed. Rear drive is easy too and all nuts and bolts checked anyway.

doctorj
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote