Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #9031
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
It may not satisfy real competent people looking for a hardcore Dirt OR race bike either. But for 90% of the population it's probably more competent than them anyway.
I think actually the real competent people will understand this rolling Understatement of a bike.

Look at the ease with which some Journo's scorch it around Cross tracks, without dropping it 20 times like they did on GS introductions...

Only people who are insensible to what a bike tells you will say its slow, because they don't understand that a real fast bike has to feel "slow", because you don't wnat the bike to have a will of its own.
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #9032
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Yes, and even after all that, you're not allowed to exceed 79KPH, right? ....or is that just an issue with your bike?
What have they been telling you !?!

My bike does 219 on its clock with ease (will be 201 in reality i think)
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 AM   #9033
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,378
Was thinking today that this crowd is a hard one to use to guage a bike's true attributes...

Counterintuitive with all the expertise here...but it's wrapped in the smoke of posters whose real expertise is impossible to guage...and more importantly who may be completely irrelevent to the market, brand and sport, whatever it's supposed to be called.

I might well be one. So, I'm with you Graham, Fire--others...and the bike IS suprising me every day...

It does appropriate, even irresponsible things happen when you twist its tail, it gobbles miles and it makes me grin like I should be licking a window somewhere.

If there's something else folks (not meaning you guys) expect it to do, I'd like to know what it is...perhaps adameve.com could fill the need they're looking for

For me, it's damn close to filling that need too...really loving it.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:29 AM   #9034
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Hahaha! Well done! I was just ribbing you a bit after watching one of your vid's where you never seemed to make it past 79KPH...not even as much as an even 80KPH The roads where nothing like the one below though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post
What have they been telling you !?!

My bike does 219 on its clock with ease (will be 201 in reality i think)
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #9035
scottie boy
Homebrew Guru

Oddometer: 1,738
Does anyone know the proper torque for the bar ends weights? I'm putting grip puppies on and had to take the hand protector loose. While I'm asking has anyone experimented with the torque on the bar ends? A friend with a C14 claims that he cured a lot of his vibration problems by methodically trying different torques.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #9036
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
Does anyone know the proper torque for the bar ends weights? I'm putting grip puppies on and had to take the hand protector loose. While I'm asking has anyone experimented with the torque on the bar ends? A friend with a C14 claims that he cured a lot of his vibration problems by methodically trying different torques.
tight, tighter, and tightest then stripped.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #9037
limey1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
27nm
limey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #9038
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah different brands of hly water seem to be also a cure :-)

As soon as you torque them down it doesnat make any difference if you do it with 22 or 27, its the Weight, that makes the harmonic disrupted, although a *longer* bar end would have even more effect, like putting some spacers between the handlebar and weights. The weight damps by inertia, but the length increase forces a londer wavelength, like a longer pendulum moves slower...
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #9039
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
you never seemed to make it past 79KPH...not even as much as an even 80KPH The roads where nothing like the one below though
I'm certified driving instructor, so if i'm caught with over 30+, i would lose my lincense, though even without that sword of damocles, lots of roads here, just are suicidal with more then 80 kph, or plain impossible by lack of ground clearance
Old 08-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #9040
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 30,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Was thinking today that this crowd is a hard one to use to guage a bike's true attributes...

Counterintuitive with all the expertise here...but it's wrapped in the smoke of posters whose real expertise is impossible to guage...and more importantly who may be completely irrelevent to the market, brand and sport, whatever it's supposed to be called.

I might well be one. So, I'm with you Graham, Fire--others...and the bike IS suprising me every day...

It does appropriate, even irresponsible things happen when you twist its tail, it gobbles miles and it makes me grin like I should be licking a window somewhere.

If there's something else folks (not meaning you guys) expect it to do, I'd like to know what it is...perhaps adameve.com could fill the need they're looking for

For me, it's damn close to filling that need too...really loving it.
I didn't know you drank the coolaid.

Congrats, it looks like a cool bike. Now if they would only do it in an 800 or so.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #9041
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKZ650 View Post
Mine has no buzz that I can tell. Just a theory on my part, but I think a lot of buzz and other problems of the like are magnified by adding crash bars ect. I know in the old days I'd run crash bars on the old inline 4s of the 70s and they would cause vibration for some reason quite often. Now I leave well enough alone and seldom have any problems. It's those mods that foul up eveything many times.
You might have a point. I don't seem to have vibration and I have no crash bars.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #9042
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Maybe it has been asked, maybe not. What is this bike's greatest selling point; is it price alone or something else?

Signed, Intrigued
It is hard to put your finger on any one thing, but I like the mpg and able to go 270+ mi on a tank. I like the TC and Modes being easy/quick to change. I like that it makes big torque from 1500rpm up, allows for easy riding. Very easy to work on, less than 10 minutes to remove tank. Side panels come off with one tool, allen wrench, 4 bolts 1/2 turn on right panel, presto you are into the electrics/fuses.

ABS is super, and works on gravel even down hill, either unified (front lever only) or rear only.

Price was nice also, and was a big factor for me. It is pretty cool to have a dealer in every town almost.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #9043
Dastard
Just another guy

Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
It is hard to put your finger on any one thing, but I like the mpg and able to go 270+ mi on a tank. I like the TC and Modes being easy/quick to change. I like that it makes big torque from 1500rpm up, allows for easy riding. Very easy to work on, less than 10 minutes to remove tank. Side panels come off with one tool, allen wrench, 4 bolts 1/2 turn on right panel, presto you are into the electrics/fuses.

ABS is super, and works on gravel even down hill, either unified (front lever only) or rear only.

Price was nice also, and was a big factor for me. It is pretty cool to have a dealer in every town almost.
What he said. It's like a mustache, with titties!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #9044
RogerJ
Waypoint Wanderer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Sorry to be a pain. I did the search and found you mentioning the problem but after pages and pages of reading, I never found your solution. Thanks.
Scottie Boy......Google is your friend. Or, go under a person's profile and look at all posts or threads of that person with your topic of interest.

The really short (but incomplete answer) is here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post16290899

Check pages 463,464,465,466,468,469 for fuller explanation. Generally, ensure all bolts are torqued to specification and then consider the measures that I, SuperCruise or others have used.
Cheers!

RogerJ screwed with this post 08-11-2011 at 03:24 PM
RogerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #9045
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastard View Post
What he said. It's like a mustache, with titties!!!
Aw man, that is great! I'll bet we see that in Yamaha's advertising for the 2013 Super Tenere.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote