ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #13651
sallydog
no more Green KLR
 
sallydog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: exit 98 NJ
Oddometer: 5,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
They quoted me $650 for the rear wheel and spokes. They will use the stock hub.

I've never had a broken spoke. Lost a nipple that caused a bent spoke so I don't see a need to
address a non issue. I don't recall reports of spokes being a problem so if they had a super duty
rim that would work on the stock spokes I do it.

What they have are super duty spokes and hopefully a stronger wheel so I'll take what I can get.

i am down 1 nipple but have the spoke if anyone knows where to purchase 1 nipple
__________________
Its not who dies with the most toys.. Its who wears out the most toys
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.
if you havent grown up by age 50 you dont have to
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #13652
cpittmx
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Oddometer: 62
I have never tried to purchase a nipple. Just renting has been costly.
cpittmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #13653
211john
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Well since we're talking rumbux, any more USA folks on the fence? I'd like to do this but there hasn't been any more posts in the vendors. Getting enough people is looking less and less likely.
I want one. I was going to wait a while but if I need to order now I could.
211john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #13654
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...
 
WARRIORPRINCEJJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: South Central Texas
Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211john View Post
I want one. I was going to wait a while but if I need to order now I could.

I hope I'm not speaking outta' turn, and that Eric doesn't mind me posting. However, he (Eric) is a vendor, and I am a customer. So, here goes...


When my plate and crashbar combo arrived, I had the opportunity to speak with Eric. As usual, the conversation was pleasant, and he humored me by staying on the phone much longer than he had to.

For those of you who have ever ordered anything, from across the pond, you know that the words "convenient" and "reasonable" just don't fit into the equation. Shipping costs, long distance communications, customs bullshit, etc., etc., etc. pretty-much delete any chance of enjoyment. Most of the time, it just turns-out being more trouble than it's worth. And, finding someone to shoulder the hassle is (usually) not a possibility.

This is where Eric fits into the picture.


I gave him a credit card number, and waited...THAT'S IT.

He processed my card, placed the order, transferred the funds, confirmed receipt of the funds, confirmed the accuracy of the order, checked progress, confirmed completion of the manufacture, received incoming shipping instructions, confirmed arrival, picked-up the order, checked the accuracy of the completed and received order, broke the large order into smaller sub-orders, repackaged all the kits, took them to the shipper, arranged and payed sub-shipping, received and furnished tracking numbers, and fielded follow-up calls (like mine)...all the while keeping his customers up-to-date on the progress of all the above events (via e-mail).

If it weren't for businessmen like Eric, most of us in the States would be reading about how awesome the RUMBUX gear was, and wishing we could get us a set.


My long post has two points...

1. Even if Eric raised the cost of each combo by $150.00-$200.00 (or each piece by $100.00), they would still be a bargain. If you don't believe me, order directly from South Africa, and let me know how that went for you.

2. If there are some folks on the fence, get to ordering. The only way to show a businessman that you appreciate his effort and motivation, is to support his venture. Just from reading his "Vendors" thread, I can almost guarantee that, like all businesses, Eric is probably weighing the "benefits versus liabilities" of this venture. And, if it goes the wrong way, and this well goes dry, I'm sure we won't have it back for awhile.


I saw the writing on the wall, early-on, because I have ordered things from overseas. In fact, I ordered my RUMBUX combo before I even owned a Super Tenere. That's a fact.


Cheers...



***I am, in no way, affiliated with Eric. I'm just a satisfied customer, who felt compelled to post. And, John, I only quoted your post as a means to segue into mine. ***

.
__________________
I spent all my money on motorcycles, 4X4's, whiskey, and women...The rest I just wasted. (edited to fit/original phrase by "WIBO")

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 09-17-2012 at 06:54 PM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #13655
Chris618
Studly Adventurer
 
Chris618's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Troy, NY
Oddometer: 784
I am interested in ordering a rumbux skidplate, can someone pm me the price and order info? Or if there is a group order, I am interested.
Chris618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #13656
dejr2000
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dejr2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Haslet,TX
Oddometer: 352
My experience was the same. He set a reasonable expectation and delivered on it. I don't think I have the patience to just pack it the way he did much less all the other stuff that goes with the whole process. Glad I ordered when I did, hope Eric keeps it going for the rest out there who want them. Good stuff for sure, Eric and Rumbux.
dejr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #13657
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...
 
WARRIORPRINCEJJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: South Central Texas
Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider View Post
I am interested in ordering a rumbux skidplate, can someone pm me the price and order info? Or if there is a group order, I am interested.

For those interested, here's Eric's "Vendors" thread...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787630


.
__________________
I spent all my money on motorcycles, 4X4's, whiskey, and women...The rest I just wasted. (edited to fit/original phrase by "WIBO")

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #13658
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment
 
Desert Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Tracy, CA
Oddometer: 2,678
Rumbux compatibility

About 100 pages or so ago I posted the question if the Rumbux plate will work with the Givi crashbars and didn't get any answers. Not sure if others have posted results yet, but if you have I missed it. So I did what any ADVrider would do and order anyway figuring I'd just make it work. I got my plate with the others here on the last shipment.

Long story short it works fine. Had to massage the metal a bit, but no worse than most any crashbar or luggage set up that I've ever put on. I thought for certain I'd need to make spacers but tubing is adjustable

__________________
See what I've been up to! Ongoing Ride Report



Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #13659
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...
 
Dallara's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: South Texas
Oddometer: 1,760
Thumb Eric & RumBux...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
I hope I'm not speaking outta' turn, and that Eric doesn't mind me posting. However, he (Eric) is a vendor, and I am a customer. So, here goes...


When my plate and crashbar combo arrived, I had the opportunity to speak with Eric. As usual, the conversation was pleasant, and he humored me by staying on the phone much longer than he had to.


For those of you who have ever ordered anything, from across the pond, you know that the words "convenient" and "reasonable" just don't fit into the equation. Shipping costs, long distance communications, customs bullshit, etc., etc., etc. pretty-much delete any chance of enjoyment. Most of the time, it just turns-out being more trouble than it's worth. And, finding someone to shoulder the hassle is (usually) not a possibility.


This is where Eric fits into the picture.



I gave him a credit card number, and waited...THAT'S IT.

He processed my card, placed the order, transferred the funds, confirmed receipt of the funds, confirmed the accuracy of the order, checked progress, confirmed completion of the manufacture, received incoming shipping instructions, confirmed arrival, picked-up the order, checked the accuracy of the completed and received order, broke the large order into smaller sub-orders, repackaged all the kits, took them to the shipper, arranged and payed sub-shipping, received and furnished tracking numbers, and fielded follow-up calls (like mine)...all the while keeping his customers up-to-date on the progress of all the above events (via e-mail).

If it weren't for businessmen like Eric, most of us in the States would be reading about how awesome the RUMBUX gear was, and wishing we could get us a set.



My long post has two points...


1. Even if Eric raised the cost of each combo by $150.00-$200.00 (or each piece by $100.00), they would still be a bargain. If you don't believe me, order directly from South Africa, and let me know how that went for you.


2. If there are some folks on the fence, get to ordering. The only way to show a businessman that you appreciate his effort and motivation, is to support his venture. Just from reading his "Vendors" thread, I can almost guarantee that, like all businesses, Eric is probably weighing the "benefits versus liabilities" of this venture. And, if it goes the wrong way, and this well goes dry, I'm sure we won't have it back for awhile.



I saw the writing on the wall, early-on, because I have ordered things from overseas...




***I am, in no way, affiliated with Eric. I'm just a satisfied customer, who felt compelled to post. And, John, I only quoted your post as a means to segue into mine. ***


My experience echoes yours exactly, Warrior Man... Except I didn't order mine before I had the bike. Instead I had ordered an AltRider plate not too long after I had the bike, but once it got here I immediately noted that the way the AltRider mounted was just *NOT* going to work for my own piece of mind. I wanted one of Jaxon's RideOnADV *Super Plates* but the cost and engine access issues kept getting in my mind's way.

And so the RumBux, and Eric.

I have never had a more pleasant experience purchasing something sight unseen than the one I had with Eric. To say his communication, service, and package was exemplary would be an understatement. Everything he did was fantastic, and that the product was just as good once it got here was just icing on the cake. And even after I got my plate he kept going above and beyond the call of duty... Like his incredible generosity in *LOANING* me his Cee Bailey's seat just so I could see if I'd even like a re-made seat, and then selling the same Cee Bailey's saddle for a more than reasonable price.

We're lucky to have Eric in the Super Ténéré community, and I can only hope he stays in the fold. I know the time and effort he has put into getting the RumBux components far exceed any profit he makes on them. He does it because he is trying to help out other S-10 riders to get the best protection for their sleds. For those of you "on the fence" thinking about getting a RumBux plate and/or bars... Don't wait. Support Eric an his efforts now, and gladly pay the price. If you don't you may not have the chance again.

And like Warrior... I am not affiliated with Eric or his business in any way other than being a totally satisfied, and thankful, customer.

Thank you, Eric.

Dallara




~
__________________
~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #13660
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog View Post
i am down 1 nipple but have the spoke if anyone knows where to purchase 1 nipple
PM me an address. I bought an extra rear spoke set. It now looks like
Woody's will make it obsolete. So I do have some spares.
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #13661
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 772
How about for aggressive street riding?

Sorry to interrupt the wheel topic...was curious, as an interested Tenere buyer, about it's ability to ride aggressively on the tarmac. I've searched youtube for some videos on anyone really getting on the gas and demonstrating some lean angles, and can't find too much. Does anyone have any out there for my viewing pleasure?
I know on my test ride I scraped on some slight curves, but was wondering how if fared on tighter sweepers, etc.

I know this bike has been highlighted with the off road stuff, but how about real aggressive knee dragging stuff?

Thanks for any information, confirmation, or links!
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #13662
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Sorry to interrupt the wheel topic...was curious, as an interested Tenere buyer, about it's ability to ride aggressively on the tarmac. I've searched youtube for some videos on anyone really getting on the gas and demonstrating some lean angles, and can't find too much. Does anyone have any out there for my viewing pleasure?
I know on my test ride I scraped on some slight curves, but was wondering how if fared on tighter sweepers, etc.

I know this bike has been highlighted with the off road stuff, but how about real aggressive knee dragging stuff?

Thanks for any information, confirmation, or links!
I rode the dragon and surrounding area last week. The bike does great overall, but the low pegs are an issue. If you're not leaning into the curve, they drag early and often. Leaning in/hanging off helps dramatically, but, despite my honest attempts, I haven't got a knee down yet. I have short legs, and have been awfully close, so I'd say a taller rider could pull it off.

I'll continue to try, but running k60's, i has to be the perfect corner for me to hit it that hard.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #13663
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 772
I realize there are many variables when determining what bike to purchase, so, my joy consists of riding with a little spirit in the twisties, although, I wouldn't mind exploration dirt/gravel roads. One of my variables is geography, I live just north of Atlanta and ride to the mountains and nearby attractions such as the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway, oh, also commute to work.
The Multistrada fits my passion for spirited rides, but not my wallet for service or parts. It is still on my list though.
So, the pluses on Tenere are numerous when compared to the Multi...so, I need something with a grin factor on pavement.
Thanks Mike for your input!
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
05' Husqvarna TE510 (yeller and blue)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #13664
Bundu
===============
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
I realize there are many variables when determining what bike to purchase, so, my joy consists of riding with a little spirit in the twisties, although, I wouldn't mind exploration dirt/gravel roads. One of my variables is geography, I live just north of Atlanta and ride to the mountains and nearby attractions such as the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway, oh, also commute to work.
The Multistrada fits my passion for spirited rides, but not my wallet for service or parts. It is still on my list though.
So, the pluses on Tenere are numerous when compared to the Multi...so, I need something with a grin factor on pavement.
Thanks Mike for your input!
the standard S10 will be boring on tarmac in 2nd and 3rd gear - you would have to do the ECU remap or the clutch mod
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #13665
RedRocker
Native Texican
 
RedRocker's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: N.Texas
Oddometer: 5,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
the standard S10 will be boring on tarmac in 2nd and 3rd gear - you would have to do the ECU remap or the clutch mod
I've owned a Harley Ultra Classic & now a KLR. I test rode an S10 and it didn't seem boring to me. Now if you're coming off a sport bike you might feel that way, but from my limited experience I thought it was pretty damn quick.
__________________
N. Texas
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014