Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #61
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882

Shows the Rich's Seat... I've also changed a few farkles since this photo (last spring).
Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #62
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

found another shot that shows the seat better....

Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #63
DiabloBlanco OP
Intl' Hops Inspector

Oddometer: 301
So many comments to be made
That second picture is about as gorgeous as can be, did you wax and buff her that day? hah
Those wind deflectors... Do they actually... do anything? A nice looking piece of trim to be sure, I've just always wondered if there was any effect?
What screen is that? Looks "kind of" like the TT fairing put together backwards
And finally the seat, it does look pretty good. A prominent dish, do-able if comfy enough, definitely not as bad looking as the stitched cruiser looking corbin. Does it sit a little lower than he standard height? That could be a plus. What's it run?

And I guess since we're all showing off (650's just don't get shit for love in the pics section)
[IMG][/IMG]
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #64
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer: 1,106
hey diablo it looks like you've tested the finish on your jesse's, ata boy! i tested mine too
Beta Techno
huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #65
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
And I guess since we're all showing off (650's just don't get shit for love in the pics section)
[IMG][/IMG]
Nice setup Diablo!
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #66
DiabloBlanco OP
Intl' Hops Inspector

haha yeah the bike's been down 8 times, 7 with the Jesse's and it took till the 6th fully loaded drop before they even got a little dent. There might even still be a little red paint from where a big red F150 knocked me over in Venezuela. The things are tough as nails, but i regret putting on the rack/handles as water sneaks in a bit, although it sure makes it easier to carry
US (MN, WI, IA, KS, OK, MO, TX), Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela. 11 down, 184 to go.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #67
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
haha yeah the bike's been down 8 times, 7 with the Jesse's and it took till the 6th fully loaded drop before they even got a little dent. There might even still be a little red paint from where a big red F150 knocked me over in Venezuela. The things are tough as nails, but i regret putting on the rack/handles as water sneaks in a bit, although it sure makes it easier to carry
A bit of Seal-All applied where the screws go through the lid would cure that right up! Thanks to DieselBoy for the product info. He's using it to seal up his F800GS spoked wheels to run tubeless, and it's been holding up!

http://www.biosafe-inc.com/sealall.htm
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #68
DiabloBlanco OP
Intl' Hops Inspector

If I wasn't so lazy I could have found something like that myself but why reinvent the wheel? Thanks, I'll go find it and problem solved! Nothing worse than going through torrential downpours, getting water inside your dirty laundry sack that you keep in the pannier, then riding for a couple more days in 100 degree heat and then you open that pannier up and it could knock an elephant on its ass haha
Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #69
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Just found a better shot of my seat. Do I seem obsessed? Maybe. but I think perhaps we all are a bit.

You can choose whatever material you want, colour, stitching, etc. It's all custom. I went with leather. It was an extra $150 which brought it to i think $850 total but well worth every penny. It also has gel packs under the tailbone of the rider and passenger. Equal to about 3" of extra foam.

cheers,
Mark

Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #70
DiabloBlanco OP
Intl' Hops Inspector

Intinimators are on their way!

So I've been reading a couple threads about them, but none were specific to our bike. Like reading the weestrom, they had to do a complete for removal and dissassy. Is that necessary on ours? Or are we able to just pop off the top cap, pull the spring, drop in the intiminator, put the spring back in? (at some point drain the oil and put new in or no?)

Also, I noticed that a couple people cut off some of it, unnecessary for us?

AND Mark, I noticed in another thread your Beowulf. Loving it? Pretty easy change? Would I possibly have fitment issues with my Jesse racks (as some people have with the Akropovic?). I saw how cheap they were and I'm loving the black so hmmm.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #71
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

So I've been reading a couple threads about them, but none were specific to our bike. Like reading the weestrom, they had to do a complete for removal and dissassy. Is that necessary on ours? Or are we able to just pop off the top cap, pull the spring, drop in the intiminator, put the spring back in? (at some point drain the oil and put new in or no?)

AND Mark, I noticed in another thread your Beowulf. Loving it? Pretty easy change? Would I possibly have fitment issues with my Jesse racks (as some people have with the Akropovic?). I saw how cheap they were and I'm loving the black so hmmm.
You've pretty much got it right for the intiminators. the big trick is after you pop the top plastic cap off, you have to push the seal down to remove the retainer clip. It may seem impossible if you are just holding on to the fork leg and trying to push down... you either need a friend to hold the tube and push up as you are pushing down or if you have a workhorse to hold the tube in place tight while you push down... then it's easy. Let me know if that doesn't make sense. Oh, and you do have to take the wheel off and forks out of the tree cuz you have to drain the old dirty oil and put in the new stuff. It's not as tough as it seems.

The Beowulf is much easier to put on. Very simple, although their connecter pipe was slightly ovalized which made it a bit of a squeeze, but they've fixed that. there will be absolutely not fitment issues with the Beowulf or Akrapovic for that matter with the Jesse rack (wish I would have got the Jesse's but they weren't out when I got my ride. 2008 in Canada). The build and quality on the Beowulf is top shelf and the sound is amazing. Not to mention that it's probably less than half the weight of the stock piece of crap. I swear to god they made it so big so they could fit bricks in it!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #72
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

Quote:

ya you have to pull the forks off to drain the oil and change to 5 wt oil but don't cut anything till you get everything back together and sit on it. put the bike on the ctr stand and get the front wheel off the ground and measure from the top of the slider to the bottom of the triple clamp then sit on the bike and measure again your forks have 7" of travel and your looking to end up with 20-30% of that 7" as sag if you don't have that then you'll have to pull out the plastic spacer and cut it to get in that measurement. i'll bet you'll be close without cutting anything find that you've gained an inch or more of ground clearance, won't have as much brake dive and it will feel better all around.
Beta Techno
Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #73
huckleberry
BACK ROAD BOMBER

hey diablo hows the forks now?
Beta Techno
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #74
marekw1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hi
Will be nice to hear about forks . I have damage bike of my son and now we are rebuilding him. Accident happens because front suspension and brakes are very week comparing to my bike . We where thinking to improve front suspension with WP but my son found this plastic improvement. I hope that I will get them soon , still we are waiting for original tubes , that we can try them. Maybe some of user will write their opinion about Intiminator.
Regards Marek
Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #75
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,709
Lukas??? Where are you?
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote