Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #15571
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post

I can testify that you have in fact been to Mazatlan within the last 15 years. But please, don't ask for details. What goes in Mazatlan stays in Mazatlan!

Now, enough partisan bickering. If I wanted to hear that, I'd turn on the news. It's motorcycle riding, it's supposed to be fun!!

Let me guess. Schizz thought that he got lucky at the Red Dragon. When I was there it was an interesting place but I have heard that it went transvestite during the last few years. And, no ... not making this up.

Anyway, like you said. Childish stuff. This thread used to be fun. I am going to do my best to keep it that way.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #15572
PirateJohn
Banned

An 80 year old and an 81 year old with a bitter rivalry to see who can get to the top of Everest first. If Schizz had his way this would be me and him.

~~~
Oldest climbers in the world do battle to get to the top of Everest as Japanese man, 80, vies with Nepalese man, 81
Juichiro Miura plans to reach the summit of Mount Everest by Thursday
Old foe Min Bahadur Sherchan, from Nepal, is following close behind
Pair have been battling for title for the past five years
Miura has had four heart surgeries but insists he will meet the challenge
Sherchan, a former Gurkha in the British Army, will set off next week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-man-81.html
Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #15573
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Rmo +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
I agree with you about Fox "News". How did they report on the rapes of the Spanish women tourists in, was it Acapulco a couple of months ago?

I was not "getting all serious on you". We have that same rape joke in English and probably in every other language where women (and men) get raped. Rape is an act, not of sexuality, but of extreme personal violence and control. The "joke" was inappropriate here or anywhere else. It also happens to be "Sexual Assault Awareness Month" here.

You were highly critical of some gringo attitudes about traveling in Mexico and obeying rules on these pages yet you have posted your own videos that show a disregard for safety and those very laws. You can't have it both ways.

For whatever reason you have chosen to live in the USA. You criticize us for lacking cultural sensitivity when traveling to Mexico yet exhibit little sensitivity to our culture...you can't have that both ways either...respect is a two way street. "El Norte" is not just a place to escape whatever you are running from in Mexico, make money in, or shit on. We are highly flawed in many ways. Gives you no excuse to go "all gringo" on us.

I appreciate you posting "Cielito Lindo". We learned it as school children in the 1950's when we were studying in geography about "our friendly neighbors to the South" who spoke Spanish. The likelihood of me meeting a Mexican in Virginia in 1955 was pretty remote. How times have changed!

This is all a bit off IMS topic but traveling safely is about listening and understanding. When we all do both it makes for a better experience.

Aaaand...rape is not a joke...period.
RMO
Well said.......thank you very much.

You make a living by what you get........you make a life by what you give. ( author unknown)
RW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #15574
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo43 View Post
Qué honda DK? I know lots of guys here have trip planning info here and will do a better job than I. My son and I are leaving June 3rd from San Antonio to head towards Oaxaca through Leon, Guanajuato, Morelia, possibly Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, . We are going to take our time on this three week trip, but we could hang out sometime when we get there. We would like to spend a few days in Oaxaca, drop the paniers and do some day trips up the canyons.

Hay bingo 43
I don't mean to hijack your ride but it is a little cooler from Saltillo go south to Guanajuanto through Zacatecas. Last week end my son Pilot815, and I slabbed it from SMA to Saltillo and it was pritty hot...if you do decide to come through Zacatecas let me know if you would like a local to talk with. (I think you have PMd with Pilot815 before)

You make a living by what you get........you make a life by what you give. ( author unknown)
RW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #15575
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Oh! and don't get me wrong RMO I do take short cuts on both sides of the river is a family tradition.
Any way how hard it will be to open a little radio station AM on this side of the river to broadcast in spanish let say Del Rio Tx do you know anything about it
Saludos
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #15576
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. You aren't one of maybe 2 here that perpetually act like school children who have discovered in gym class that they are inadequate in the locker room so they try to make up for their "shortfall" with poor attitudes.

Keep it coming.
Like I told a transito once ; You are the one, with the gun .... Just lend it to me for a minute
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #15577
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Even on the tollroads/carreteras?

I drove from Porto Escondido to Hatulco in a jeep on a crappy and windy road, bit it was no problem to do 75-80 in most parts...

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
500 or 600 miles in a day here is a damn long day!
No matter how hard you try you will be either lucky or on a Mexican Rat Ride rally to average anywhere near even 80kms an hour.
It'll be tiring, tired can make funny things happen, funny things on Mexican highways are usually best avoided.
Go for it if you want, but it will be the green blur.
’08 950SE - sold
’09 FE570 - sold
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #15578
Bato
Studly Adventurer

So where is Arte?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #15579
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
I have no idea where Arte is, but if you find him, get him to post up the Rally Ruta Del Cafe 2013 detalles.

Bato, if you want to talk border radio AM, count me in! I worked in AM a long time ago, but not in the USA.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #15580
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Like I told a transito once ; You are the one, with the gun .... Just lend it to me for a minute
Funny!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #15581
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Any way how hard it will be to open a little radio station AM on this side of the river to broadcast in spanish let say Del Rio Tx do you know anything about it
Saludos
Why do I expect the ghost of Wolfman Jack to occupy this thread?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #15582
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

The Wolfman was nothing compared to the goat and monkey gonad maestro quack hustler that started it all.
Radio is an incestuous business and there are some fascinating 6 degrees of separation stories and real mud you find out. Many talented young radio people are eclipsed and gone before their time when the massive egos at some stations suck all the air out of the room.
For some people it is very hard to maintain a full on hatred for someone for 25 years, if you ever worked in radio you know how easy and paradoxically healthy it can be.

Question: How do you know when you are standing beside a major major market
morning man?

Answer: They will tell you.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #15583
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Schizz,
Heads up on the new GS.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/03/0...pension-issue/

Note the part about the tranny and the traction control from Transport Canada.

They'll never admit there was a problem, but there is something about that bike...like the factory turbos and the old big Kawi cop bikes. At least with the H1's and Mach III's you knew what you were in for.
I had lunch with a fellow in Texas six weeks ago that had already purchased one and had put several hundred miles on it. Hey Mike! Wake up down there, we might need you!
dwj - Donnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #15584
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
I had lunch with a fellow in Texas six weeks ago that had already purchased one and had put several hundred miles on it. Hey Mike! Wake up down there, we might need you!
Estoy a sus ordenes, mi jefe.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #15585
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-W View Post
Yep... he did. To me! And it is going to head down to San Carlos, Mexico soon. That's home base Mexico for me.
And here is a pic...

Ain't she purdy? (only time I think Donnie ever washed her!)
And thanks for all the extra's you included Mr D, it is much appreciated.
You are a good guy. (but don't tell nobody)

Hey Royce!

There is one thing I forgot to tell you! If you find from time to time when you are riding through the small towns that the "hookers" all run out to the road trying to flag you down. They are mistaken, there must be someone else with a moto just like that one!

Donnie
dwj - Donnie is online now   Reply With Quote