Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #18616
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
I have not seen that, but it would not surprise me. Michoacan is such a mess.

Aqui tenemos

http://news.yahoo.com/mexican-drug-c...050325576.html
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #18617
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 1,003
The secondary Adunana inspection stations at Fronteras, South of Cananea, south of Nogalas and south of Soynota are closed. These points were used to check vehicle docs and collect additional import taxes. The frontier zone along the border charged 11% taxes on purchases while south of there the tax is 16%. The law changed and it is 16% everywhere. I don't yet know what this will mean for vehicle permits. The law still requires them but Sonora has the free zone making it easy to drive into the interior without ever showing a permit. This could get interesting. I'll post what ever info I come up with as I figure it out. This will also affect Crossings in Chihuahua and other border states.

Turkeycreek screwed with this post 11-29-2013 at 05:19 PM
Turkeycreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #18618
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
The secondary Adunana inspection stations at Fronteras, South of Cananea, south of Nogalas and south of Soynota are closed. These points were used to check vehicle docs and collect additional import taxes. The frontier zone along the border charged 11% taxes on purchases while south of there the tax is 16%. The law changed and it is 16% everywhere. I don't yet know what this will mean for vehicle permits. The law still requires them but Sonora has the free zone making it easy to drive into the interior without ever showing a permit. This could get interesting. I'll post what ever info I come up with as I figure it out. This will also affect Crossings in Chihuahua and other border states.
It goes much farther. During the Fox and Calderon PAN administrations it was not permitted by law to run a deficit. Deficit financing was out, hence no massive devaluations. However, Pena Nieto has now returned the country to running a deficit. It isn't a question of if a devaluation will happen, but when it will happen. Within the next 18 months? Maybe. Within the next 36 months, you can bet on it.

The 5% increase in the IVA, to arrive at parity with the rest of the nation, in the northern trade region is just the tip of the iceberg. Pena Nieto is betting that increased tax revenue will support the running of a deficit. However, he is betting on a 3 legged horse. Mexicans hate taxes as much or more than other nationalities do and the underground and informal economy in Mexico is massive.

This is the problem with all PRI governments from the municipal to the state to the federal level, they all think they are the smartest guys in the room and then blame each other when the results are a disaster. Zedillo was the last and most classic example of this.

Fox was no economic genius, and Calderon was lucky to hold things together here throughout the US meltdown, but they both practiced fiscal restraint. Pena Nieto is just another guy who thinks he can spend his way out of a deficit. That might sound familiar to some people, you've heard that somewhere before.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #18619
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,407
Where is the PAN DULCE party when you need it
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #18620
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,057
Deficit spending seems to be a theme of enlightened western governments these days.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #18621
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Mexico's law against Foreigners owning property on the coast is so ridiculous that it has a ridiculously easy work around. Foreigners just have their property held in trust with a bank or title company for a few hundred dollars a year.

BTW, on what planet is discouraging foreign investment in the real estate sector of a country considered a good thing? It's so absurd that I can't even tell who that law is supposed to help. But like so much of Mexico's economic policy, it appears to have been written by an angry, confused and greedy guy with a 6 grade understanding of basic economics.

I am getting in on this a little late....sorry I have been too busy traveling and eating more than my share of turkey and pie........
What I was told years ago when I investigated the issue for a group I was working for, that it was an American forced law on Mexico.....it was put in place during the 2nd WW, that way the enemies to the US could not build military bases along the the cost of Mexico.....it also is along the border.....foreigners cannot own land there either.....the US did not want any military bases other than Mexico there...... All the US and other companies own their land and buildings through a bank trust as SR mentioned....

You make a living by what you get........you make a life by what you give. ( author unknown)
RW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #18622
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,492
MX Bank Trust

The Reason the Bank Trust Was Created

The Mexican Constitution does not allow foreign ownership in the Prohibited Zone because of the old fear of invasion by sea or by horse. Of course, invasions are not conducted that way today, so the Bank Trust was created as a vehicle to allow this ownership method without changes to the Constitution.
Tourism is the third largest industry for México. This law has been in effect now for 29 years with amendments to make your confidence more secure for your investment in order to continue attracting the tourism dollars.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #18623
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
It goes much farther. During the Fox and Calderon PAN administrations it was not permitted by law to run a deficit. Deficit financing was out, hence no massive devaluations. However, Pena Nieto has now returned the country to running a deficit. It isn't a question of if a devaluation will happen, but when it will happen. Within the next 18 months? Maybe. Within the next 36 months, you can bet on it.

The 5% increase in the IVA, to arrive at parity with the rest of the nation, in the northern trade region is just the tip of the iceberg. Pena Nieto is betting that increased tax revenue will support the running of a deficit. However, he is betting on a 3 legged horse. Mexicans hate taxes as much or more than other nationalities do and the underground and informal economy in Mexico is massive.

This is the problem with all PRI governments from the municipal to the state to the federal level, they all think they are the smartest guys in the room and then blame each other when the results are a disaster. Zedillo was the last and most classic example of this.

Fox was no economic genius, and Calderon was lucky to hold things together here throughout the US meltdown, but they both practiced fiscal restraint. Pena Nieto is just another guy who thinks he can spend his way out of a deficit. That might sound familiar to some people, you've heard that somewhere before.

start here , this is just one of many theories regarding sovereign debt which is not necessarily bad. Undisciplined and self serving politicians are another matter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics
Old 11-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #18624
Blind Warrior
Lost in the Ozone

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
start here , this is just one of many theories regarding sovereign debt which is not necessarily bad. Undisciplined and self serving politicians are another matter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." - Frank Zappa
Blind Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #18625
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Bob, I understand Keynesian economics, it was beaten into my head at York from 79 to 83. Unforgettable experience!
I'm not saying a government can't run a deficit, it worked in Canada to a degree, however, here in Mexico with a "sort of" democracy and without checks and balances the result is a devaluation. 1995 was a perfect example with the added circus of delusional economists and a leader, Zedillo, who actually thought he could change economic theory. When it comes to economics, the PRI are like the people looking for treasure on Oak Island.
They honestly believe that, this time, for sure, they have all the answers.

Anyhow, enough of that, sorry for the thread diversion. It is damn cold here for the tropics and that has somewhat disfigured my usual and normal state of all round "bonhommie". That and standing in a line at Telcel for an hour to give Carlos Slim more pesos.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #18626
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Anyhow, enough of that, sorry for the thread diversion.
It will cost you several B&W photo postings
Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #18627
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
It will cost you several B&W photo postings
Mañana.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #18628
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Port shots
Old 11-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #18629
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Port shots
Not a bad idea, depending of course on what is docked.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #18630
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Accented Characters for Fleet Defense

Including one or more accented characters in a banking or website password is a nifty idea. Just don't use them where expected, as in mañana. Use them randomly or in words that don't normally use accents.

To create accents on a PC, make sure Number Lock is on, and hold down the alt key while entering the appropriate code:

á alt+160
é alt+130
í alt+161
ó alt+162
ú alt+163
ñ alt+164
¿ alt+168
¡ alt+173