Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #19351
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
So Mike how does that translate in Spanish, Alitas Huevones o Alitas Tuercas?? No mames, just messin with you!
Como han dicho los norteños...Ala cojones.

Hey Trice! An old friend dropped by and was asking about Los Tejanos earlier this afternoon...

I sent him up your way...

I knew him from when he worked in the music business, we were talking about this singer. We both knew her like this, before the implants...

She always had a way of putting the "Muse" in "Music"!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #19352
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Oddometer: 8,806
We seem to be dragging the inclement weather with us as we head south in search of the warm, sunny Mexico we know and love. Still, it beats working for a living.

Arrived in Durango at 5:30pm and checked into the Hotel Posada San Agustin. They were expecting us and had cleared all furniture from our path. ;)

Enjoyed the fine hospitality of Casa SR then turned in early for the big ride to San Blas, or Ruiz, or wherever we end up tomorrow. Plan to arrive MAZ Sunday afternoon.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #19353
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoWing View Post
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance....John
Do it John!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #19354
ragzamoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
ragzamoto...By San Pancho do you mean San Francisco north of Sayulita? How are you legally riding a street plated moto that you hauled down in your truck in Mexico. Everything I have read here indicates only one TVIP per licensed driver. How did you get around this. Many here would like to know.
When I arrived at the border I was given a ten year entry permit for the RV thats 10 years of 6 months per visit. I have the KLR on a rack and when I told them I had the bike they asked did it drive on the road and I told them yes They then gave me stickers for the bike a $250 deposit is held till I leave with the bike. The weird thing is that I have a pickup truck here as well and it is out of registration now for 6 years . My big worry was that I would not be able to run the camper here because of the illegal truck but no problem I plan on driving both out at the end of the trip.
ragzamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #19355
ragzamoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
ragzamoto...By San Pancho do you mean San Francisco north of Sayulita? How are you legally riding a street plated moto that you hauled down in your truck in Mexico. Everything I have read here indicates only one TVIP per licensed driver. How did you get around this. Many here would like to know.
Yes It is San Francisco north of Sayulita just read your travel log from last year? Great .Picked up that you were a sailer once? I sail a Boothbay Explorer when I dont ride.If I could figure out how to post pics i would
ragzamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #19356
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
He got around it because he's using an RV

Q&A From Baja Bound:

What happens if we want to tow a second vehicle behind our RV or motorhome? Do we need two different permits?

Motorhomes are allowed to tow a second vehicle. The second (towed) vehicle is eligible for a 6 month temporary import permit. One driver may now use their valid U.S. drivers license, credit card with Visa/AMEX/Mastercard logo and original citizenship documentation to bond both vehicles (RV and towed vehicle) at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzamoto View Post
When I arrived at the border I was given a ten year entry permit for the RV thats 10 years of 6 months per visit. I have the KLR on a rack and when I told them I had the bike they asked did it drive on the road and I told them yes They then gave me stickers for the bike a $250 deposit is held till I leave with the bike. The weird thing is that I have a pickup truck here as well and it is out of registration now for 6 years . My big worry was that I would not be able to run the camper here because of the illegal truck but no problem I plan on driving both out at the end of the trip.
Q&A From Baja Bound:

How long is the RV permit good for?

Unlike other vehicle import permits that are valid up to 6 months, RV and Motorhome permits are valid up to 10 years.

Bonus for the curious:

What kind of RV and motorhome type of vehicles are eligible to receive a Mexican temporary import permit good for 10 years?

RV temporary import permits are granted for motorhomes or fully converted vans. Pick-up trucks with slide in campers are not eligible for 10 year permits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzamoto View Post
When I arrived at the border I was given a ten year entry permit for the RV thats 10 years of 6 months per visit.
My reading is that your RV is good for the full 10 years. Not sure what you mean by "10 years of 6 months per visit".

But what do I know.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #19357
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

If John still has his RV, I'm going to borrow it and take it to Baja with the KTM.

I'll use it as a mobile HQ for the SCORE 1000
Old 12-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #19358
going south
hero & Zero...

Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
We Plan to arrive MAZ Sunday afternoon.
Your timing is poor, I am leaving today for the job site....

Never Lost! Just Don't know where I am!

"Don't worry about your money, let your money worry about you" Jorge González
going south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #19359
SkizzMan
There, that's it

The weather broke today and provided for us another epic day of México riding. We left Durango after washing the previous days riding off the bikes

Then we bought barrel gas in Mezquital (none for the GSA, thank you)

Then onward through the Huichol mountains.

Stopped to check out a hotel in Jesus Maria.

Worthy of Sjoerd's Bakker's guidebook at 15USD por noche.

The La Señora SR secured rooms for us in San Blas (muchissimas gracias!)

Then onward to San Blas.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SkizzMan screwed with this post 12-28-2013 at 11:43 PM
Old 12-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #19360
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Quote:
Originally Posted by going south View Post
Your timing is poor, I am leaving today for the job site....
Que lástima, Amigo!

SkizzMan screwed with this post 12-29-2013 at 06:42 AM
Old 12-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #19361
TheBlurr
Banned

Oddometer: 5,588
Coool looks amazing
TheBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #19362
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,419
Yaaaay, Schizzman, now , did you actually sleep there ?
The hotel Buen Pastor is indeed recommendable, I have been including it in my book
since mid 2012 in an included insert . In the one photo of its " " atrium" you show the room I stayed in at the far right corner at the end of the clothesline.
Very relaxing night , made it possible todo next days ride to Tepic at very relaxed pace.
El Buen a Pastor 's listing has now been blended tidily into my new 2014 Third Edition
updated and slightly expanded book . In fact it is still sitting in boxes in my car after picking them up from the Staples printshop an hour ago.
Enjoy your ride.

Oh , this am on TV NEWS saw a really Unsafe condition in Mexico :
A big section of Mex 1 D , both lanes , south of Tijuana has collapsed into the Pacific
yesterday

Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #19363
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Good thing won't be needing pavement in Baja
Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #19364
bingo43
¡Que Viva!

Oddometer: 238
Morelia or celaya help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Veterans have seen this, so this is for the No0bs who are unaware.

Here's Sjoerd's "I've been there" map he showed me here at the Casona. He highlighted the routes he's been on. And they've only been added to since I scanned the map for this photo. And this is obviously only part of the map.

Kinda looks like spider veins on the legs of Martha Stewart Not that I would know.

If you've lurked the threads where riders have asked about route planning, invariably you will find his well thought out and incisive recommendations.
The family and I have had an amazing trip here in Mexico. We will be on our way home to Missouri soon. We would like to take a day trip from Leon to celaya or Morelia. Can you guys recommend a cool hotel with parking for a truck in either of those cities? Also interesting things to see. I know about the acueducto. Gracias por la ayuda...
bingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #19365
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker View Post
A big section of Mex 1 D , both lanes , south of Tijuana has collapsed into the Pacific
yesterday.
And people get upset over topes?
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote