Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #19591
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Trice, I owe you a few from the backyard.
Nice!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #19592
AK Smitty
Self life coach

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
no i didn't think you were trying to fuel the thread. don't sweat it.
i just posted what was presented on SP.
yes the gun ownership is in question and a true answers will never be known nor will the connections and motivations, atleast by the public. it's being swept under the rug. there is a local guy dead and he left a wife and baby daughter behind. real sad story
Thanks again for the info. It is said that he left family behind and will be a tough road ahead for them.

The gf wasn't really worried but I will pass this along to her.

I am here: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...f53b74b2cb510d
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #19593
evilwerkz
Time to ride....

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
I don't know about Guerrero but in Jalisco it is legal for locals and expats to own guns. I suspect the same federal law applies in all states. As a matter of fact, a gringo shot and killed a Mexican in a home invasion/burgulary last year here. There was an investigation and he was not charged.
KIKO, you are 1000% right, you can legally purchase and register up to 10 guns ( if you`re in a shooting club ), and one for home defense....it´s kinda of a bitch to get them from SEDENA, but yes, it can be done.......but they would not authorize me the calibers or guns I wanted......so....just went around the corner to my local DF illegal gun buying corner in tepito and walked away with a few toys for my enterteinment...

Old 01-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #19594
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,587
I hear you about the gun stores around the corner, I was at a moto shop in Guad once when a guy pulls up in a Chevy S-10 SUV and swings open the back door. The SUV was loaded to the roof with machine guns. Take your pick.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #19595
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
I hear you about the gun stores around the corner, I was at a moto shop in Guad once when a guy pulls up in a Chevy S-10 SUV and swings open the back door. The SUV was loaded to the roof with machine guns. Take your pick.
I know that guy!
His name is Eric Holder.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #19596
subcomm
adrenaline junkie

Oddometer: 157
Awesome! Nice rifle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwerkz View Post
KIKO, you are 1000% right, you can legally purchase and register up to 10 guns ( if you`re in a shooting club ), and one for home defense....it´s kinda of a bitch to get them from SEDENA, but yes, it can be done.......but they would not authorize me the calibers or guns I wanted......so....just went around the corner to my local DF illegal gun buying corner in tepito and walked away with a few toys for my enterteinment...

Old 01-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #19597
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Bowlful

Quote:
Syntax error, man, you are sharp today, that Wheaties and Geritol bowlful did the trick, no? LOL!
Between dawn and sunset, all the time. That would be "from sunrise to sunset". Or maybe...amanacer to crepusculo? Opposite of the snake dance flick.

Come to think of it, it's a "panorama" of daylight.

Happy Three Kings day to one and all!
Today is the real gift giving time for los chamacos.
Having a "bowlful" here in Colorado definitely does not sharpen your edge.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #19598
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Syntax

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
I spent 17 years working for a company named Syntex.
Did Syntex make symtex or is that out of syntactical context?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #19599
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,121
I've been living here for 20 years and cannot figure out why the fck anyone would want or need 10 or more high caliber weapons in their house.

Either you have a lot of enemies or enjoy showing off. It's bullsht either way. You know it and I know it.

One break in at your house and you've got those guns in the hands of people who are slightly less responsible. Gee, thanks.

Mexico didn't need the weapons that came in via Fast and Furious, it doesn't need the weapons in the hands of gringos that think they need to protect their sht with a load of guns.

None of you live in an area that has seen the kind of narco violence I have in my neighborhood. I don't own a gun, don't need a gun, don't want to be around someone who thinks they need high caliber weapons for their own protection. That kind of paranoid sht is better kept north of the border.

When I was a hunter, I owned guns. I didn't need an assault rifle for any game I was after.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #19600
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

FTA-Fun Travel and Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
When you spend almost 30 years in the military you travel the planet

IMHO, there isn't another country like Mexico for beautiful people to meet and friends to make

May you, Señor Finn, continue to be blessed by many more great experiences
Guess you didn't get to Faloudja Trice. Garden spot.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #19601
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Did Syntex make symtex or is that out of syntactical context?
Funny !
Syntex was a pharmaceutical manufacturer. They began as a Panamanian registered company named Syntheticas Hormonas. They were headquartered in Palo Alto California. They were bought out (hostile) in 1996 (?) by Hoffman LaRoche. For me not much changed. My check came from New Jersey instead of California. Fifteen years later I retired.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #19602
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,302
Quote:
I've been living here for 20 years and cannot figure out why the fck anyone would want or need 10 or more high caliber weapons in their house.

Either you have a lot of enemies or enjoy showing off. It's bullsht either way. You know it and I know it.

One break in at your house and you've got those guns in the hands of people who are slightly less responsible. Gee, thanks.

Mexico didn't need the weapons that came in via Fast and Furious, it doesn't need the weapons in the hands of gringos that think they need to protect their sht with a load of guns.

None of you live in an area that has seen the kind of narco violence I have in my neighborhood. I don't own a gun, don't need a gun, don't want to be around someone who thinks they need high caliber weapons for their own protection. That kind of paranoid sht is better kept north of the border.

When I was a hunter, I owned guns. I didn't need an assault rifle for any game I was after.
Uh-oh. I can't say that I see this ending well.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #19603
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Sayulita

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
^ Did my best Google-Foo on that but came up empty. Also checked the Sayulita blogs. Nada so far.

Was in Sayulita last year and couldn't imagine a more tranquil place
The guy who rented my house last winter while I was frolicking in Mexico was robbed in Sayulita a couple of years back, perhaps by a gringo surf bum who was seen "hanging around" where he was staying.

Sayulita is a nice enough place but I found that it had an "uneasy" vibe and was expensive. It is gringolandia for sure. It is at the end of the road on a peninsula so one would think that there would not be a lot of "hit and run" thieves there because there is only one road in and one road out. There is definitely a slightly unsavory norteño element there, even gringo panhandlers. When I was riding north last spring I gave it a pass.

I have some friends there now who mentioned the shooting. I will try to find out more. Little towns with lots of gringos and gringettes are rumor mills. Witness Civil_SMA in San Miguel de Allende.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #19604
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Guns

Right on Mike Mike. No doubt some mierdo will hit the ventiladora here but I have never known you to hold back, God bless you. An "assault rifle" is a purpose made firearm. It is made to assault other human beings, unless deer elk and bear form militias, they are not likely to be needed in the forest. We simply must end the insanity. I am not anti-firearm, I am anti-lunatic.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #19605
evilwerkz
Time to ride....

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Uh-oh. I can't say that I see this ending well.
I know it was meant for me, but since words don´t mean shite to me, speacially by keyboard comandos, well, no worries mr. slowoldguy, I don´t take Mikemike´s posts personally, I undestarnd where he´s coming from, and is very right about most of the things he expressed.....but to make things clear....

first, I´m no Gringo, naci y creci en Acapulco, soy Mexicano con descendencia Irlandesa

and every once in a while, Doc. Cuevas, a field veterinary and very good friend of mine, invites me over to help him supervise peleas de gallos, he´s the care taker, and when you´re travelling between the guerrero/morelia border over la sierra, you DO need fire power, so it´s MY lifestyle, my problem and my decision....also my adventure

so yeah, any one has an opinion, fine by me, I´m not offended