Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #22456
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Warrior View Post
The shape was not great. It was a little better than Sahuaripa to MX16, but not by a great margin. Digger rode with us the whole way. We parted company yesterday morning after 3 nights in Batopilas. He's a good man.
All of you were great guests. I really like the Tiger akaDigger was riding. How far did your bottle of bacanora hold out? Alfredo is el maestro.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #22457
Blind Warrior
Lost in the Ozone

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
All of you were great guests. I really like the Tiger akaDigger was riding. How far did your bottle of bacanora hold out? Alfredo is el maestro.
It lasted 2 nights. We dusted it at Divisadera. If I had known how good it was I would have procured more. Thank you and Lynne for your outstanding hospitality.

Digger rode that Tiger like a boss, fast on pavement and in total control on the dirt. He also turns into a very convenient drinking buddy when the riding is done for the day.

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced." - Frank Zappa
Blind Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #22458
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Oddometer: 8,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by going south View Post
One of the guys I ride with wanted to do something different, this is what he came up with...
Lets see al 18 Municipalities in Sinaloa.. and take 3 days to do it.

http://www.mazatlaninteractivo.com.m...-1er-mototour/

Choix
El Fuerte
Ahome (Los Mochis)
Guasave
Sinaloa de Leyva.
Guamúchil
Angostura
Mocorito y pernocta.
Badiraguato
Culiacán
Navolato
Cosalá
La Cruz y pernocta.
San Ignacio
Escuinapa
Rosario
Concordia
Mazatlán. Terminación.
Sol a Sol will be a nice warm-up for this 3 day ride.

Say when.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #22459
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Banamichi and CC

Sorry it did not work out that I could meet you in Banamichi Left leg still not ready for adventure. Sounds fun!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #22460
orbiter
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Sayulita "Success"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Having ridden the Espinazo a dozen times and the Nayarit road only twice I'd opt for the latter by far. My input to orbiter was to stick to his stated route but overnight in Parras and DGO then return either through Nayarit or jimmex's route and overnight in ZAC.

That would be a pretty good first Mexico ride.
Answer: It was an awsome !st ride south of the border. Thanks to Sjoerd, Jimmex, Rockymountanoyster, SR, and SchizzMan. You guys filled in the gaps in my sketchy trip plan. SchizzMan was invaluable looking over my shoulder before, during, and after the ride.

Long story short: Turns out, there was an "event" on the Espinozo del Diablo. My buddy, Kevin, fell off the mountain, broke an arm and a leg. His GSA is still in Sayulita waiting to be returned to Houston, somehow. Got to figure that part out.

So, in a way, the trip isn't completed. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. And some day I'll enjoy telling you the rest of the story over a couple of good scotch whiskeys, when we meet someday and you've got the time.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #22461
orbiter
n00b

Houston-Sayulita: Won't forget this one

Here's a link to a photo story of my first moto ride south of the border: http://opa.cig2.usa.canon.com/s/m/album/C3VPkW5hMDG

When you open it, click on the "slide show" icon; then click on "full frame".

I'm looking at a map of Mexico.....let's ride.

Orbiter.

orbiter screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 01:25 PM
orbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #22462
going south
hero & Zero...

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Sol a Sol will be a nice warm-up for this 3 day ride.
Say when.
Morning Schizz,
If I were to do this again I'd take 4 or 5 days to do it, it was to much like work getting it all in.... if all you had to do was the riding part, easy, but when word got out the moto clubs and city people came out to welcome us...
The time got tight...It really kinda snowballed on us, this is a sample...

Moto club, Choix

Moto club, Guamuchil

Leading a parade in Mocorito.

BMW, Culiacan

Mayor of Concordia

Moto club, Rosario.

Termination Mazatlan..

One more, our hostess for the day...

We are already planning next year....

Never Lost! Just Don't know where I am!

"Don't worry about your money, let your money worry about you" Jorge González
going south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #22463
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Warrior View Post
It lasted 2 nights. We dusted it at Divisadera. If I had known how good it was I would have procured more. Thank you and Lynne for your outstanding hospitality.

Digger rode that Tiger like a boss, fast on pavement and in total control on the dirt. He also turns into a very convenient drinking buddy when the riding is done for the day.
Sounds like fun.
PAPA
SJTR
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #22464
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
Answer: It was an awsome !st ride south of the border. Thanks to Sjoerd, Jimmex, Rockymountanoyster, SR, and SchizzMan. You guys filled in the gaps in my sketchy trip plan. SchizzMan was invaluable looking over my shoulder before, during, and after the ride.

Long story short: Turns out, there was an "event" on the Espinozo del Diablo. My buddy, Kevin, fell off the mountain, broke an arm and a leg. His GSA is still in Sayulita waiting to be returned to Houston, somehow. Got to figure that part out.

So, in a way, the trip isn't completed. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. And some day I'll enjoy telling you the rest of the story over a couple of good scotch whiskeys, when we meet someday and you've got the time.
Sounds like an Adventure Orbiter!

With respect to getting the bike back north, I've I seen three different guys ship their F800s to the border in the last two years. One mechanical failure and two crashes in the Sierra. It happens!

It costs $370 USD to ship an F800 from Durango to Nogales and it takes 3 days. The cost is based on the weight and dimensions of the bike and the shipping distance, so the GS from Sayulita to Laredo? will be a little more expensive.

Sayulita is not a bad place to come back and pick the bike at some point in the future.
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #22465
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Bike in Sayulita

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Sounds like an Adventure Orbiter!

With respect to getting the bike back north, I've I seen three different guys ship their F800s to the border in the last two years. One mechanical failure and two crashes in the Sierra. It happens!

It costs $370 USD to ship an F800 from Durango to Nogales and it takes 3 days. The cost is based on the weight and dimensions of the bike and the shipping distance, so the GS from Sayulita to Laredo? will be a little more expensive.

Sayulita is not a bad place to come back and pick the bike at some point in the future.
Is the bike rideable? How much time left on TVIP? I think the TVIP has to be presented by the registered owner and VIN checked by Banjercito on exit from Mexico, rideable or not.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #22466
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Is the bike rideable? How much time left on TVIP? I think the TVIP has to be presented by the registered owner and VIN checked by Banjercito on exit from Mexico, rideable or not.
No, the TVIP does not have to be presented by the bike's owner

Yes, the VIN on the bike will be checked against the VIN on the TVIP in order to clear it

Yes, the bike can be ridden, pushed, pulled, or dragged. Not sure if they'll accept a box of broken bits, however, if that question ever comes up. Probably has to at least look like a motorcycle

As always, keeps your cleared TVIP receipt until you are issued a new one for the same or different bike. Once you are issued a new TVIP, you can safely dispose of that receipt.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #22467
orbiter
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
No, the TVIP does not have to be presented by the bike's owner

Yes, the VIN on the bike will be checked against the VIN on the TVIP in order to clear it

Yes, the bike can be ridden, pushed, pulled, or dragged. Not sure if they'll accept a box of broken bits, however, if that question ever comes up. Probably has to at least look like a motorcycle

As always, keeps your cleared TVIP receipt until you are issued a new one for the same or different bike. Once you are issued a new TVIP, you can safely dispose of that receipt.
The GSA is in perfect shape. I rode it on to Sayulita from La Ermita where he fell. The TVIP is valid for 180 days from our entry on March 11th. At this time Kevin is planning to ride it home after he heals up.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #22468
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 19,403
I've been meaning to publicly thank Trice for including me in his trusted list of participants in this awesome thread.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #22469
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 19,403
Quote:

Sounds like a fly is ride is gonna happen, but

There are alot of people coming north for the summer from Sayulita this time of year.

I could post on Sayulita People Facebook and see if anyone has room for $.
Might be tough as most are packed to the gills, but i'll try if you want.
Some come down loaded each season, but leave empty.
Might even find a local with a truck who wants to make some $.

Another option would be to check the Moto shops in PV and see if they have any trucks heading north to the border or even Mazatlan or San Carlos/Guaymas to deliver or pickup goods.

In the end you might need to take a truck down and grab it.
It's 3 days. border > san carlos > mazatlan area > sayulita.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #22470
SkizzMan
There, that's it

Oddometer: 8,806
Quote:

Thanks for having me down for the trip presentation and for your hospitality.
Enjoyed your company as well as your Mac 12.

Keep in touch.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SkizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote