User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #22711
theshnizzle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
mexico

So....this is what I have learned...so far....as there is still much learning to be done. IMO, Mexico is not for begiñners. I have been challenged more here on a personal ,physical and mental level than anywhere.... but that's why I came.

I way over packed....I need to work on my tight u turn skills....I need to learn more Spanish....

But.....I love the chaos of the roads and the drivers....anything goes! Passing on corners on mountain roads,a great bit of sporting fun!

The surprise of what the hotel room will be like,what will work and what won't.....and to not call eggs" huevos" in rural mexico,everyone had a great laugh over that.

Cheers! Ride safe everyone!
theshnizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #22712
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 1,217
Glad you are here and getting it figured out. I have been here 6 years and I'm still challenged and need to learn more Spanish. And I love it here.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #22713
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 19,276
Those are not contrail (condensation trails). They are chemtrails and all over the US & the world. No one or gov. entity to date has explained what exactly the chemicals are or why. Condensation disapates off fast not far from the plane. Chemicals last the whole way across the sky & the cloud grows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
I don't know jack about aviation, other than one good joke about a guy who takes his neighbor up for a flight, anyhow, at around noon I saw these contrails. What was odd was that they seemed to have a separate dark line like a shadow. I've never seen this effect. There were two separate contrails, the straight one and the curved one. The curved one seemed to drift over from its original location.

I've got them in color and black and white. I put a red filter on the black and white to try to draw out the lines a little, RMO can maybe tell me if I did that right.

Two planes or a shadow (like that soccer stadium ghost in Bolivia, see that one yet?)?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:59 AM   #22714
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
But.....I love the chaos of the roads and the drivers....anything goes! Passing on corners on mountain roads, a great bit of sporting fun!
Have fun but be exceptionally careful with that one
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #22715
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

From Our "Are You Really Going To Eat That?" Department

Andrew Zimmern on location with Baja's culinary scene

Old 05-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #22716
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
At least he doesn't need to worry about a hairnet.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #22717
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Our man from Jalisco is an entrepreneur
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #22718
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
Travel advisoring.
just be careful if crossing by Reynosa, the local scumbags are fighting against each other to instate their own new local plaza leader... crossfire and chases are happening at different times of the day on different areas.
It started on Monday and looks like will last up to this weekend.

our marines kill them at any chance they have, but these cockroaches are like the gremlings with water...

Thanks Art.
Just got into McAllen from Fresnillo. Took the Anzalduas bridge and had no issues, but i would not ride through town.

Make sure you stay safe.

You make a living by what you get........you make a life by what you give. ( author unknown)
RW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #22719
PlznMySoul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
So....this is what I have learned...so far....as there is still much learning to be done. IMO, Mexico is not for begiñners. I have been challenged more here on a personal ,physical and mental level than anywhere.... but that's why I came.

I way over packed....I need to work on my tight u turn skills....I need to learn more Spanish....

But.....I love the chaos of the roads and the drivers....anything goes! Passing on corners on mountain roads,a great bit of sporting fun!

The surprise of what the hotel room will be like,what will work and what won't.....and to not call eggs" huevos" in rural mexico,everyone had a great laugh over that.

Cheers! Ride safe everyone!

Good to hear you're having an Adventure. Be Careful.....Don't get pulled into the "Chaos of the roads". This is one of those times where the saying.."When in Rome, do what the Romans do" should not be followed unless you are a seasoned veteran. Cars and trucks are only a few things to watch out for... Animals, pedestrians, holes, sand, dirt etc.

Enjoy the ride, smell the "Coffee" and keep us posted.
PlznMySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #22720
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Have fun but be exceptionally careful with that one
No worries...
Extra detergent and a little bleach always takes care of the inevitable stains.
Ask Bob Loblaw about being waved on.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #22721
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Those are not contrail (condensation trails). They are chemtrails and all over the US & the world. No one or gov. entity to date has explained what exactly the chemicals are or why. Condensation disapates off fast not far from the plane. Chemicals last the whole way across the sky & the cloud grows.
Oh , come now, seriously ?....isn't that one of those conspiracy theories where the sinister powers of some shadowy evil organization or alien invader is seaking world domination ( not Google ) and trying to take over all our minds by spraying chemicals from jet engines ?
Simpler explanations are also possible. A con trail shows up because water vapour as part of normal jet engine exhaust condenses into that cloud stripe just like my breath on a cold day and it will evaporate from view in seconds or minutes if the air is dry enough.
If the air is already carrying a lot of moisture it will not readily absorb more and the exhausted moisture will turn into ice crystals in that high col cold air and they will not sublimate but they hang in and get spread about by the wind.
There are very many jets flying up there which does make the cloud into a real concern though , but for other reasons.
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #22722
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker View Post
Oh , come now, seriously ?....isn't that one of those conspiracy theories where the sinister powers of some shadowy evil organization or alien invader is seeking world domination ( not Google )
Are you SURE? (it's not Google. )
Old 05-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #22723
canoeguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
So we took the toll road from Puebla to Oaxaca today.

What a wonderful surprise! Absolutely stunning vistas. The road climbed to 7923 ft according to the gps. Man it was gorgeous. Sheer vertical walls and soaring peaks. I was in awe.

The toll road was chosen just for the sake of time, and it cost about $11 per rider. I personally would have paid ten times that for the view.

Just goes to show not all highways are bad.
canoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #22724
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeguy View Post
So we took the toll road from Puebla to Oaxaca today.

What a wonderful surprise! Absolutely stunning vistas. The road climbed to 7923 ft according to the gps. Man it was gorgeous. Sheer vertical walls and soaring peaks. I was in awe.

The toll road was chosen just for the sake of time, and it cost about $11 per rider. I personally would have paid ten times that for the view.

Just goes to show not all highways are bad.
On both sides of the road you were on is some fantastic riding on paved state roads. Try some of it next time, you are going to become an even bigger fan.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #22725
canoeguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
On both sides of the road you were on is some fantastic riding on paved state roads. Try some of it next time, you are going to become an even bigger fan.
No doubt but in this instance time was of the essence...like you said, next time!
canoeguy is offline   Reply With Quote