Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #3031
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Black belts?
Yep, every mariachi has one.

I make it a habit to not get mugged, nor go looking for trouble in bars.
It has worked for me for nearly two decades down here, and prior to that during visits from 1978 on.
Save the tough guy stuff for people who get off on that. It's boring, but it likely sells books.
You can always tell a pussy who ain't been around much. sniff sniff
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #3032
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,920
The best way to fight is to avoid it in the first place. Works for me.
You want to sell more books by calling someone a pussy, then that's fine with me, whatever floats your boat. I am not the guy with the pirate fetish that feels that dressing like an extra from the Village People makes them a somebody.
You done yet?
Not everyone buys what your selling.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #3033
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The best way to fight is to avoid it in the first place. Works for me.
You want to sell more books by calling someone a pussy, then that's fine with me, whatever floats your boat. I am not the guy with the pirate fetish that feels that dressing like an extra from the Village People makes them a somebody.
You done yet?
Not everyone buys what your selling.
Oh no! Mike Mike, doo doo, pooh pooh pants. Another keyboard princess squirming in her G-string while running off at the mouth and tugging her meat, . Ready for the big one Mike Mike....here goes...

BOO!

You done yet? (Wipe yourself off and go home now)
Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #3034
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082
Let me buy you two a beer.....

Messages sent to both you guys
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #3035
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Mike - I won't repeat my PM to you, but I'll say this publically:

If you ever take the time to ride out and go meet Glen, you'll come away with no better friend. There is no fake facade there. The message in the man's heart is get out there and meet people the world over. Put a boot through the TV, take a peek at what, and who, is over the horizon. He's given me and countless others a true perspective that you can't put a price on.

Glen's track record here speaks volumes. Get to know him. I mean it, I'll buy you two a beer anytime.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #3036
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the info, Trice.
Now, let me address the bookseller.
Michael Martin, Helge Pedersen, and Ted Simon all have done extensive traveling with nylon, canvas, and leather belts respectively.
That is the kind of person I find interesting in their riding.
In fact, if the book peddler decides to come my way and pay me a visit, I would treat him with the respect, the sense of humor, and the generosity I would extend to any other rider. I would show him some good riding and buy him some damn good food because that is what I do. It is about riding and not about "trouble" or being the guy with the most martial arts training.
So, yeah, he can take me up on that offer of mine any time he finds his way in my direction.
I am not that into looking for trouble, contrary to being mocked about whether I have been around or not, I have enough experience to know that when things come to the point where you have to fight your way out of trouble in Mexico, you have let things go too far.
Creating a false sense of security that a black belt in some martial art will save your sorry ass in Mexico is not my thing. My thing is to avoid trouble at all costs, life is too short to worry about either hurting someone or getting hurt myself.
So, find your way over here, leave the books at home because I am not interested in buying them, but I will show you hospitality, courtesy, and respect as a fellow rider.
The offer is open anytime, you can take me up on it, and I guarantee that you will enjoy my company.
You can have the last word, I have said my piece. I thank Trice for his message as I respect what he posts on here.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #3037
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Now let me address my girlfriend.
Actually these Chatty-Cathy types sometimes serve us well as a temporary diversion from the topic at hand. And the babbler was mocked because the babbler ran her mouth without knowing what she talking about regarding what I wrote, and for that matter, Mexican politics in general. Judging from her superficial commentary, despite claiming to live in Mexico so long, it seems like she needs to get out more and talk to people. As another cooing Internet princess it appears as though she doesn't know much about that respect she drones on about either.

And if she ever wants to visit Mazatlan, we'll greet her with open arms and even order an XL size butt plug for that anal retention issue. Other than that, I respect what she posts on here. (I publicly and most sincerely apologize for scolding her)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #3038
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Now, now you two ...

Glen, tell us about Mazatlan. I see that there was a shoot-'em-up in a town about 15km. north of there a few days ago and that caught my attention.

Otherwise, in trouble around the Golden Zone?

How about the places outside the Zone where gringos might be found? I'm sure that all the places that were open when I went there years ago have closed now.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #3039
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Good luck with your move back to the USA where you'll feel safe.
You have no idea how full of shit you are when you talk about my knowledge of Mexico
and especially Mexican politics.
But that would get in the way of your book sales. LOL!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #3040
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Good luck with your move back to the USA where you'll feel safe.
You have no idea how full of shit you are when you talk about my knowledge of Mexico
and especially Mexican politics.
But that would get in the way of your book sales. LOL!
Like that last chunk of turd that no matter how many times you flush, the little stinker keeps popping back up--Mikey Mikey keeps embarrassing herself.

You shit on yourself with your ill-informed commentaries regarding Mexican politics--the first clue that you don't venture beyond what you read in the papers.
Are you sure you've been there twenty years? Hmmmmmmmm... more Mikey Mikey pooh pooh?

And please keep mentioning my books, we just got a spike in sales!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #3041
strikingviking
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Now, now you two ...

Glen, tell us about Mazatlan. I see that there was a shoot-'em-up in a town about 15km. north of there a few days ago and that caught my attention.

Otherwise, in trouble around the Golden Zone?

How about the places outside the Zone where gringos might be found? I'm sure that all the places that were open when I went there years ago have closed now.
I'm not sure if this is the same carnage but on the last day of Carnival, an after-hours party crowd got machine-gunned downstairs at club formally known as Cherries. Hospitals were overflowing. So sad this is happening.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #3042
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

^ Different attacks

Antares Nightclub/Mazatlán

Los Limones
Old 03-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #3043
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same carnage but on the last day of Carnival, an after-hours party crowd got machine-gunned downstairs at club formally known as Cherries. Hospitals were overflowing. So sad this is happening.
At least someone seems to be enjoying it all.

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #3044
gasandasphalt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 469
MikeMike,, As an old friend would always say to people who were running of at the mouth, about that which they knew nothing,,, "Don't let your ALLEGATOR MOUTH overload your RATTLESNAKE ASS"...... from what I have read here that may be the case.....

If I remember correct, the profits from the sale of his book are donated to an Orphanage/School in Central America......................
Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #3045
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasandasphalt View Post
MikeMike,, As an old friend would always say to people who were running of at the mouth, about that which they knew nothing,,, "Don't let your ALLEGATOR MOUTH overload your RATTLESNAKE ASS"...... from what I have read here that may be the case.....

If I remember correct, the profits from the sale of his book are donated to an Orphanage/School in Central America......................
That may be the case, in fact if it is, great. Charity towards educational projects is a wonderful thing. I wonder that if he has a disagreement about how funds are administered is he going to channel Charlie Sheen and butt plugs in that tantrum?

My point is this.
Telling someone that a black belt in a martial art will somehow add to your safety in Mexico is incorrect. There are hundreds of people traveling who use simple common sense and avoidance and have no rank in any martial art. Some people don't need a black belt to make themselves feel safe.

As for running off at the mouth, the book peddler is doing a fine job of that all by himself. He wants to insult me about my knowledge of Mexico, he can go ahead. He doesn't know me and he doesn't have a clue about what I know regarding Mexican politics.

Every time I have seen violence in Mexico, and I have seen enough contrary to what the book peddler likes to say, things ended with weapons.
Not hands and feet or any combination thereof, but with knives, guns, or blunt instruments, or some pointy object and it also ended with a lot more people involved than just the two that had the original beef. That is what is real life when there is violence in Mexico.

So maybe having a black belt is somehow going to save your sorry ass in a scrap with some punk, but it isn't going to help you when his buddies show up and things turn out differently than a Chuck Norris movie.

So yeah, "Viking", you can insult me all you want. I am calling bullshit on your black belt safety net and I stand by it. If that makes you uncomfortable and start frothing at the mouth with some kind of bizarre sexual references, those are your issues, not mine.

Avoid trouble before it happens. If it happens do what you can to get away as quickly as possible. That is how you stay in one piece in Mexico.

I've said my piece, and if you think I am running off at the mouth, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. Neither the book peddler nor I are any sort "be all and end all" when it comes to knowledge of Mexico, in fact you can spend your entire life here and never really figure the place out and that is what makes it so enticing. The difference is that I am not selling books and can freely admit it. The other half of this little fandango has his marketing to think about. I'm not buying his kool aid and if that upsets him, that's his problem and not mine.

I stand by what I have witnessed first hand in Mexico and what have been my personal experiences. I don't write books, nor sell them.
End of story as far as I'm concerned.