Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #3751
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
i understand that. i came in after the 11th (i have a charge on my card) and i'm here on a fmm for the long haul till i get a residente temporal (i hope).

i was just wondering how the money came back.
sounds like they reversed the charge...as you got the 1% visa transaction fees backs vrs issuing a credit for say $200/$300/$400.

if i leave after 180 day i wonder if that is past the period when a reversal can happen and it's just a credit.

does that make sense? maybe that's not how CC work.
anyone with a merchant acct know?
Yes, it was a charge reversal. Not sure what happens after several months. I expect Visa would reverse the transaction fee as well. I'll call Visa and ask.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #3752
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
migracion is requiring you contact aduana no more than 15 days after you renew. since he probably doesn't have a charge (maybe just a hold from awhile ago) nothing happens beyond that. if it's a charge (post 11th vehicle coming through) and it's a fmm to RT(fm-3) change then the $ needs to be transfered over via paperwork, but that's another story.

if you father drives back in with same vehicle then he doesn't stop for a visa or car paperwork (as it's all done, he's legal)...and also he does not need to check out the car when he leaves (as he's returning).
now if he's coming in with a new car then he need to check in, show his visa and he'll be paying that deposit. if he's never leaving, mexico owns his $ forever, but that is much cheaper than getting his citizenship and nationalizing the vehicle as mexican.

they are no longer fm-3 (nor fm-2) but just residente temporale.
he need to fill out his info online and bring in the pdf printout (turn off web browser pop-up blocker)
There is somebody that takes care of all his paperwork at the plant. He just shows up to sign and take the pictures. Haven't heard if he has had a change from the FM3 yet, he might've mentioned it but I cant remember for sure. He has never had a visa, just FM-3s. His truck actually stays in the city he lives in, he only travels by two wheels these days, and the bike is licensed in Mex.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #3753
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082

Don't be drinking anything at the keyboard when you watch this video. Hilarious!!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #3754
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post

Don't be drinking anything at the keyboard when you watch this video. Hilarious!!
I wonder how long it took for her to teach him how to dance like that.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:21 AM   #3755
bikefree
misadventurer

Oddometer: 276
border cities

Study shows border cities are safer than public perception and politicians were using border safety for political purposes. Hmmm, maybe Mexico is also safer than we are led to believe.

Link to article

The picture painted of America's southwestern border with Mexico is a bloody one, in which the drug violence decimating northern Mexico has spilled onto U.S. soil and turned the region into a war zone.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has warned of human skulls rolling through her state's deserts. Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas, says violence on the U.S. side of the border is "out of control." Rep. Candice Miller, R-Mich., has suggested sending a military brigade to protect Americans.
"Of course there is spillover violence along the border," Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, said during a recent congressional hearing. "It is not secure and it has never been more violent or dangerous than it is today. Anyone who lives down there will tell you that."
That's not actually the case, according to a USA TODAY analysis that draws upon more than a decade of detailed crime data reported by more than 1,600 local law enforcement agencies in four states, federal crime statistics and interviews along the border from California to Texas.

Bart Simpson

bikefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #3756
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,651
Link didn't work
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #3757
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
I wonder how long it took for her to teach him how to dance like that.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #3758
Captbb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Road thru Matamoros sunday, Immigration smooth. Yes they charged my cc $400. All very tranquil. Marines very strong showing week before. FYI 3 PEMEX stations have been closed between Matamoros and La Pesca since Jan...
Captbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #3759
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbb View Post
Road thru Matamoros sunday, Immigration smooth. Yes they charged my cc $400. All very tranquil. Marines very strong showing week before. FYI 3 PEMEX stations have been closed between Matamoros and La Pesca since Jan...
Is the big Pemex due south of Reynosa and maybe 15 miles northeast of San Fernandino still open?

Which Pemexes are closed?
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #3760
Captbb
Adventurer

Looking at map as I sit in Oaxaca ( In Rain) that sounds right. I have only traveled that way twice. Had fuel marked in my mind. Jajaja..all I know is that I made PEMEX station @ La Marina.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #3761
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captbb View Post
Looking at map as I sit in Oaxaca ( In Rain) that sounds right. I have only traveled that way twice. Had fuel marked in my mind. Jajaja..all I know is that I made PEMEX station @ La Marina.
Glad that you didn't have to walk Amigo. That would have sucked!

Were all the Pemex between Matamoros and La Marina closed? Or did you ride by a few and not refuel?
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #3762
Flagixxer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Is the big Pemex due south of Reynosa and maybe 15 miles northeast of San Fernandino still open?

Which Pemexes are closed?
PirateJohn .. Same thought I had .. I usually stop there. I noticed a number of others were closed on Mex 101?? What is the problem??
Flagixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #3763
Captbb
Adventurer

Topped of mile from border. Last open PEMEX was about 20 -25 miles south of Matamoros. I was looking hard after passing 2 closed fuel stops. 3ed closed one really had me worried. No problem south of Marina--Tampico--Veracruz-Oaxaca
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #3764
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,651
Makes it harder for the bad guys to get fuel. Harder for the good guys, I know, but the goal is to shut down the bad guys.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #3765
Arte OP
Stuck in the 80's

Oddometer: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Makes it harder for the bad guys to get fuel. Harder for the good guys, I know, but the goal is to shut down the bad guys.
saddly other times, the owners better closed (broken) due the constant visits from the bad ones to refuel for free and wanting to make the station an observing post (and a kind of remote base of operations).

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote