Oddometer: 8,299
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #4083
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Many years ago, some Tarahumara guys started running the New York Marathon, on bare foot. don't know if ever won, but at least passed many runners, whom could not believe they had no nikes or whatever nice shoes.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #4084
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
Many years ago, some Tarahumara guys started running the New York Marathon, on bare foot. don't know if ever won, but at least passed many runners, whom could not believe they had no nikes or whatever nice shoes.
Taralite

There's a push for commercial shoes based upon the "secret" of the Tarahumara running huaraches.

The link is to a pioneering model.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #4085
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Some PRI (priistas ) are good runners too

Have nothing against PRI think,but no short cuts here pls

Bato screwed with this post 08-24-2011 at 08:15 PM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #4086
Bato
Studly Adventurer

New word

From the ROYAL ACADEMY OF THE TEXMEX language :
whatsappear

From the verb: wuz up
Definition : chat, comment,catch up ,gossip ,ect

vamos a whatsappear
Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #4087
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Taralite

There's a push for commercial shoes based upon the "secret" of the Tarahumara running huaraches.

The link is to a pioneering model.

The Raramuri (Tarahumara) are world reknowned endurance runners. They are reputed to have hunted deer by simply running them down to exhuastion.

Lucky those deers that raramuris have not access to those Taralite !!

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #4088
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Old 08-25-2011, 07:34 AM   #4089
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Do not mess with the Huicholes! They don't take crap from anybody.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #4090
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I need to go there ....
Old 08-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #4091
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
I need to go there ....
You already will be. I'm taking you to Guachochi in October. Duh!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #4092
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Heard someone say "Tarahumara" with the pronunciation "tara-hoo-mara". Like an owl saying the middle syllable.

Given, in spanish, the "h" is universally silent, phonetically it comes out "tara-oo-mara".

If you're interested in that sort of thing
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #4093
GeezerStank
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Geezer, quit being such a PUSSY and go to Mexico already! Yes there are a lot of nasty stories out there, but when you filter out what could or could not affect you, the odds aren't that bad. You will never be fully comfortable traveling in Mexico, you just take it as it comes. Nobody really knows what the hell is going on here, not even Mexicans.

So yeah, Mexico is a little more dangerous than the US, but so what, that is part of adventure, jeez! If you can't handle it, for your next adventure, go across the suburb down to Taco Bell and get the fire hot sauce! That's why it is Adventure Riders not Moped Army! http://www.mopedarmy.com/

I don't know much about Urals but for Mexico it sounds like an addional pain in the ass. I would take the DRZ, I think it's the perfect bike for traveling in Mexico.

I am not being a total dick, I am just jabbing you a bit. You know you needed this, so please don't come after me When you come down and I'll buy you the first cerveza and point you in the right direction for whoring around. Sorry I can't follow you down that road! I'm too scared for that.
I'll get there, but for now I'll sit and watch a bit. Like you say, no one knows what is going on down there. Things are being under reported so I imagine it's "better" there than we're hearing? heheh. I'll wait a bit....."handle it"? Uh, riding drug war zones ain't for me...Did you guys ride Columbia back in the lovely Pablo days, if so why......I think I have a different definition of vacation ride than some of you.

Ride my DRZ for thousands of miles, hell no! Have you ever ridden a DRZ? Just the slab from here to the ferry in Baja would be crippling! :)

Wow, never heard of the moped army, interesting group, all the cutting oneself looks like great fun, but they look like they are having fun, diff stroke for diff folks. Seem to have a lot of beer and fat chicks, so they aren't total losers.

I love the Ural for traveling, would it make it trouble free, who knows. I did a 2500 mile trip on it in May, all good. It will break someday, I'm not worried. My dealer in SoCal can ship me anything I need under warranty, I would have to pay the extra shipping but that's cool. It's a great bike to travel on, can carry a ton of stuff, super comfy and capable on any road conditions.(3 wheels-2WD) It's what I've chosen for certain trips, I have an Electraglide for making time when needed, what a land barge that thing is! But on the slab, oh man is it nice.... I think like one person suggested, I'll go ride Baja and see if I can shake the mindset I have. I guess I should take the Electra for that, pretty straight and flat for the whole trip....

I don't mind the jabs, there was even some advice in the middle of it, I fling shyt so gotta be able to take it in return, but to dis Taco Bell and question it's authenticity or deliciousness, you bastich!
GeezerStank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #4094
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,777
Hey Geezer, have you read any ride reports here on ADV of people getting shot, or kidnapped while riding through Mex?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #4095
GeezerStank
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Guys, he (maybe she because the style reminds me of my Least Favorite Old Stalker) is trolling us. Back to discussing Mexico.

Has anyone seen anything about Cuidad Acuna or Piedras Negras? My web surfing opportunities have been weak lately, but it appears that the Eagle Pass and Del Rio newspapers are pretty weak and I am not seeing any Mexican news.

Several years back Grup Modelo was supposed to build what would have been the world's largest brewery in either Cuidad Acuna or Piedras Negras but as I recall the project was stalled because they couldn't get a gas pipeline from the States. Anyone know the status of that project?

I am starting to make some plans to run down to Laredo for some motorhome maintenance and the crossing to Nuevo Laredo is right there downtown so I suppose that I'll at least take a walking tour of NL. Any developments there, other than the usual cartel mischief?
Not much going on there: http://tiny.cc/bhkl6

Like they say Handle It!

Name calling again, you just don't know how to act right do you.....ah well, every list has "one"...
GeezerStank is offline   Reply With Quote