Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #4246
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
You were lucky or have good skills for that,dogs equivalent to deer here...I almost run over a 10 pointer whitetail last night on the truck our friend KIKO had an encounter with a pit bull down in JALISCO and hurted his shoulder hope he is doing well, haven't seen him here lately owe him a visit
Other riders keep telling me that it's better to be lucky than good.

Why do they keep telling me that??

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #4247
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Ritz carlton best beach ever

Best beach in Mexico I ever been, is the one of the Ritz Carlton in Cancun you don"t have to stay at the hotel to enjoy it just buy a burger there you can walk 100yrds into the sea with the water at you knees
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #4248
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Well said.

Our recent troll's complaints that we don't discuss the negatives not-withstanding, we certainly do discuss where not to go, how not to behave, and so forth.

So far everyone that I am aware of that has used this thread as a guide has had a great trip.

I guess that sooner or later one of us is going to have something a bit negative happen to them. Knowing my interest in dive places along the border it will probably be me. But I am always reminded that the great explorers of our history were people that were willing to take a risk and to go against the "wisdom" of the rabble (remember, back in Columbus' time the common knowledge was that the Earth was flat and you could sail off the edge if you weren't careful ) so when we get these crazy friend-of-a-friend's-boss tales and "statistics" from people who cannot put things into perspective it kinda embarrasses me that this nation is becoming a land of people who are totally fearful.
Sorry, but Columbus is a bad example as the "real Danger" back then, when near him , was him! Getting killed, raped, placed into slavery, getting a disease, etc., was the real deal! Now, back to Mexico...
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #4249
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Best beach in Mexico I ever been, is the one of the Ritz Carlton in Cancun you don"t have to stay at the hotel to enjoy it just buy a burger there you can walk 100yrds into the sea with the water at you knees
Aren't you the guy from Mexico who told me he has never been to the Copper Canyon?

I don't think you've been to the beaches on the southern coast, correct?
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #4250
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Sorry, but Columbus is a bad example as the "real Danger" back then, when near him , was him! Getting killed, raped, placed into slavery, getting a disease, etc., was the real deal!..
Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #4251
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Yep. We just kinda hang out here waiting for the odd event to discuss or maybe someone like yourself to show up with a question or comment about Mexico travel. You wouldn't happen to have one, would you? There's little left to discuss among ourselves anymore WRT the thread topic.
You both have a point as the several hundred pages here are a killer for easy information unless you live here every day & can keep up with the meaty stuff as it comes in-and I don't mean Selma! Besides, I'm still in love with the Mazola margarine girl from years ago.
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #4252
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Sorry, but Columbus is a bad example as the "real Danger" back then, when near him , was him! Getting killed, raped, placed into slavery, getting a disease, etc., was the real deal! Now, back to Mexico...
Yeh, that Columbus! What a hoser!!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #4253
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
You both have a point as the several hundred pages here are a killer for easy information unless you live here every day & can keep up with the meaty stuff as it comes in-and I don't mean Salma! Besides, I'm still in love with the Mazola margarine girl from years ago.
Pix??

The most cogent comment about this thread to date, IMO, is that it involves a community of Mexico riders and reflects the same. If the rigors of extracting pertinent information overwhelms a rider planning to encounter the challenges of Mexico then, well.................

Riders who show up here with questions, as opposed to criticisms, generally go away better equipped to make a decision on the matter.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #4254
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Yeh, that Columbus! What a hoser!!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #4255
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Flying down to Mexico may be ok, but on an airline, you'll end up in one of the major resort cities, and that really isn't the essence of the country. Sure, I get it, better than nothing, blah blah blah, but to really understand and appreciate Mexico, you can't really fly in and stay where a lot of gringos hang out. Mexico is best on the backroads.

Ted: I just got back from Mexico!
Fred: Where'd you go?
Ted: Cancun
Fred: So how is Mexico?
Ted: Great! I did a parachute ride, stayed in a 4 star hotel, got room service, and got a good tan on a nice beach. Met a great couple from Poughkeepsie too.
Fred: Sounds excellent, can't wait to go myself!

Trice,
Its just not true that you'll end up in a resort city if you fly. You can fly all over Mexico to places other than resort cities. Once you are there you can just rent a car and go pretty much anyplace. If someone isn't up to riding their bike for whatever reason, an airplane ride opens up a lot of possibilities. Notwithstanding Ted and Fred above.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #4256
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Heartless bastard!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #4257
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Trice,
Its just not true that you'll end up in a resort city if you fly. You can fly all over Mexico to places other than resort cities. Once you are there you can just rent a car and go pretty much anyplace. If someone isn't up to riding their bike for whatever reason, an airplane ride opens up a lot of possibilities. Notwithstanding Ted and Fred above.
This is absolutely true - for about 3% of the people who commercial jet to Mexico.

The vast majority of tourism in Mexico is cruise ship and major jet access resorts.

And Cancun leads the pack by a mile.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #4258
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
This is absolutely true - for about 3% of the people who commercial jet to Mexico. *
* DISCLAIMER: I totally pulled this statistic out of my ass. Your opinion may differ, be better or worse, on or off the mark, and you are probably way better looking than I am. I have no idea what the actual numbers are for major port of entry tourism statistics for Mexico, but I have a general idea. My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily apply to every situation and they may or may not conform to your expectations. You are probably more familiar with Mexico than I am, then again, maybe not. I do know one thing, the number of bloated, bleached, fat assed Americans that go to Mexico these days do so by commercial air or by cruse ship. They stay in "safe" resorts, each hotel food, take pics, and MAYBE, take an excursion or two organized by their hotel or cruise line. Good for them, at leat they're not home in Poughkeepsie, watching the tele and stuffing bon bons into their pie hole.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #4259
Baja Ho
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Tire info, Cabo

At the first of this year when I was in Cabo, there was a new cycle and jet ski accessory shop in front of Walmart by the main street s.e. of downtown. He had a good selection of non dot knobbie tires. I hope he is still in business when I go down in January. Was thinking of asking if they would carry tires for the big dullies, if so, what would you guys vote as the top three rear tires and sizes ( don't want to overwhelm them ). When I go back down I will post pics and more info.
Baja Ho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #4260
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Please Enjoy Today's Musical Selection...

Ixtapa

Rodrigo & Gabriela