Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #4381
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diego View Post
Uh, it was posted first-hand by someone who ran into these thugs about 200 pages back, remember?

Then, you guys talked him down, tried to discredit him then flooded the thread with, "mmm, I sure love my tacos!" nonsense, as is your MO.

No biggie.

When you google, "is mexico safe" it comes back to missing heads and www.ogrish.com instead of ricos tacos and sandy playas.

I want to enjoy Baja again, too, but not now.
How come no one mentions the rider that was murdered in Ecuador recently? I dont hear anyone saying they are not going to Ecuador on this forum, and what happened there is way more relevant to us than the guy that was carjacked in Mexico. I personally saw these folks in Panama. Very high profile. He was driving a nice pickup pulling a trailer with a KTM 990 SMR and another expensive bike, near sun down, through a known hot spot on Mex 200, diving SAG for a group of 22 riders. IMO, the bad guys knew that guy with the truck and trailer was coming, and were waiting for him.

A rider I met in Peru was killed by a bus a couple week after I met him. No one talks about the aussie kid that was killed by a truck in Brasil. No one talks about the recent accidents and deaths of riders in Alaska this summer. Statistically speaking for us moto travelers, riding in Alaska or Peru is more dangerous than riding in Mexico given those recent deaths. The fact that you are riding a motorcycle is far more dangerous than in what country you are riding.

Dan, if you dont want to go to Mexico, thats fine, dont go. No one is forcing you to ride in Mexico. Bad stuff happens to riders everywhere, but from everyone's experiences in Mexico, there is nothing that shows Mexico is more dangerous for riders than most other places.

crashmaster screwed with this post 09-10-2011 at 01:55 PM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #4382
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 4,503
Did a Google and the first hit was isitsafetotraveltomexico

Ans... Yep!

OldPete screwed with this post 09-10-2011 at 01:41 PM Reason: added a to
OldPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #4383
ChangoGS
Banned

Oddometer: 305
Have a great time in España - Bato goes to Spain!!!
ChangoGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #4384
patadeperro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
mexico safe of cors not

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
How come no one mentions the rider that was murdered in Ecuador recently? I dont hear anyone saying they are not going to Ecuador on this forum, and what happened there is way more relevant to us than the guy that was carjacked in Mexico. I personally saw these folks in Panama. Very high profile. He was driving a nice pickup pulling a trailer with a KTM 990 SMR and another expensive bike, near sun down, through a known hot spot on Mex 200, diving SAG for a group of 22 riders. IMO, the bad guys knew that guy with the truck and trailer was coming, and were waiting for him.

A rider I met in Peru was killed by a bus a couple week after I met him. No one talks about the aussie kid that was killed by a truck in Brasil. No one talks about the recent accidents and deaths of riders in Alaska this summer. Statistically speaking for us moto travelers, riding in Alaska or Peru is more dangerous than riding in Mexico given those recent deaths. The fact that you are riding a motorcycle is far more dangerous than in what country you are riding.

Dan, if you dont want to go to Mexico, thats fine, dont go. No one is forcing you to ride in Mexico. Bad stuff happens to riders everywhere, but from everyone's experiences in Mexico, there is nothing that shows Mexico is more dangerous for riders than most other places.
dear frend i live in la paz baja and i dont think that mexico is a safe place that wuld be borring no? we are about 300 million mexicans an acordin to statistics 10 to 20 % works for crime that leaves 80% off good people who works and try every day to feed the boys, my advice for you dan is don,t take the news to serius
patadeperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #4385
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangoGS View Post
Have a great time in España - Bato goes to Spain!!!
Soon after Bato returns from Spain , I drag Bato's culo to Mexico
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #4386
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by patadeperro View Post
dear frend i live in la paz baja and i dont think that mexico is a safe place that wuld be borring no? we are about 300 million mexicans an acordin to statistics 10 to 20 % works for crime that leaves 80% off good people who works and try every day to feed the boys, my advice for you dan is don,t take the news to serius
Old 09-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #4387
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
Arrival at casa WB

WB stable with visitor on the right (plus GS adventure panniers ready to be installed on "la buenota"). Pilot815Dad's KLR's skivvies will be lowered soon, camera is ready.
Photobucket
From the day we did the 685 kit to Cory's bike at WeazyB's garage, all I can remember is this

best brine chicken on the valley by WB

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #4388
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Soon after Bato returns from Spain , I drag Bato's culo to Mexico
Ok but Bato doesn't speak Sapanish for that trip

Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #4389
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Sapanish

Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #4390
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,211
News reports 2 dead and over 22 wounded in a night club shooting!

In Orlando.
Wonder how many tourists are going to cancel their trip to Disney World?
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #4391
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
News reports 2 dead and over 22 wounded in a night club shooting!

In Orlando.
Wonder how many tourists are going to cancel their trip to Disney World?

Florida ... isn't that the evil place where young girls kill their infant children at will and get away with it?

Why, I hear that if the alligators don't eat you in Florida that the palmetto bugs and love bugs will get you.

Much safer to be in Mexico, I'll tell ya.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #4392
Velocipede
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
These boys seem oddly synced to the music
You know you're absolutely right,I would never have spotted that.Its hilarious!
John
Velocipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #4393
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Florida ... isn't that the evil place where young girls kill their infant children at will and get away with it?

Why, I hear that if the alligators don't eat you in Florida that the palmetto bugs and love bugs will get you.

Much safer to be in Mexico, I'll tell ya.

That damn mouse will sneak up on you, pick your pocket and take all your money, and run your credit cards into the ground. And corrupt the minds of your little kids, he makes little girls think they're princesses and all that stuff.

I'm convinced Orlando is one of the anal orifices of the universe. "Despair, all ye who enter here"
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #4394
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
I'm convinced Orlando is one of the anal orifices of the universe. "Despair, all ye who enter here"
Word!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #4395
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
Hi CM, can you provide more information about this incident??

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote