Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 05:41 AM   #4861
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
DR650 rider here & 200 peso tequilla buyer.
and yes i went for a ride too.
When you make it over here, I will tell you the fun little anecdote about two campesinos, me, and a stop to photograph a church on a hillside.
Okay, it's short, here you go.
I had stopped to check out a church on a distant hillside I could see across a mountain valley, back "off the map" just across the Puebla-Veracruz state line (if there was a line but there isn't, there is just a massive change in the quality of the road with the Veracruz end being the smelly end of the stick). I was using my camera to get a good view and set up a picture and I noticed a road into the area that looked promising. There were two campesinos waiting patiently for their ride as they had come down the mountain side with their machetes and not much else. They were speaking in dialect and I asked them in Spanish (my Nahautl is just not what it used to be...or would be...or will be) about the church and they gave me some details. One of them offered me a drink. I said a drink of what? They guy pulled out a flask of aguardiente and said here you go have a drink. Though I have had aguardiente many times, I really didn't feel the need at 9am on a Sunday morning and I knew if I started I would probably still be there with them.
Aguardiente just seems to lend itself to making new friends or increasing the size of a family. Anyhow, I told the guy thanks but it was Sunday morning and that I never, ever drink before noon on a Sunday because I am quite pious and it is against the teachings etc... His buddy looks at me and then says to his pal, "The guero is lying to you".
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #4862
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otherguy View Post
Supa 12 Pilot, was that your Super Tenere parked at Quinta and 26 tonight?
Yep, that was mine. The rain finally stopped, the bike was having cabin fever! (Supa small world we live in.....)

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #4863
VixObs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Here you go Sweetie. Anybody guess the cigar brand? You can buy them in Monterrey

Now that's a classic pose Pedro. Since I promised, here's mine.
Attached Images

VixObs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #4864
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #4865
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,841
now i've seen everything.
i guess that has use if you ride in the mojave desert, but a simple cooling vest is very effective and much simplier.

another one of the answers to a question no one asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #4866
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,841
oh man. drinks before noon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
When you make it over here, I will tell you the fun little anecdote about two campesinos, me, and a stop to photograph a church on a hillside.
Okay, it's short, here you go.
I had stopped to check out a church on a distant hillside I could see across a mountain valley, back "off the map" just across the Puebla-Veracruz state line (if there was a line but there isn't, there is just a massive change in the quality of the road with the Veracruz end being the smelly end of the stick). I was using my camera to get a good view and set up a picture and I noticed a road into the area that looked promising. There were two campesinos waiting patiently for their ride as they had come down the mountain side with their machetes and not much else. They were speaking in dialect and I asked them in Spanish (my Nahautl is just not what it used to be...or would be...or will be) about the church and they gave me some details. One of them offered me a drink. I said a drink of what? They guy pulled out a flask of aguardiente and said here you go have a drink. Though I have had aguardiente many times, I really didn't feel the need at 9am on a Sunday morning and I knew if I started I would probably still be there with them.
Aguardiente just seems to lend itself to making new friends or increasing the size of a family. Anyhow, I told the guy thanks but it was Sunday morning and that I never, ever drink before noon on a Sunday because I am quite pious and it is against the teachings etc... His buddy looks at me and then says to his pal, "The guero is lying to you".
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #4867
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by VixObs View Post
Now that's a classic pose Pedro. Since I promised, here's mine.
Now that would be a classic pose too if it weren't for that fence.

Looks like a good place to BASE jump. But if you really want to BASE, try this place in Mexico. And maybe it's not safe!

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #4868
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Dgo

Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #4869
WakeDude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Watch Sanctum, they film it in this cave. Sótano de las Golondrinas or Cave of Swallows located in Aquismón, San Luis Potosí, Mexico, just a little deeper than 1000 ft and 205 ft wide. Cool video, although the climb up would suck!

-Alex
WakeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #4870
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,540
route Mx 101

Well, past week we went for a 2,000 miles ride, first leg was this (mx 101), and we were not chased during 100 miles by several trucks, cars nor anyone pointed at us with AK's rifles or sort of that...

arte

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:04 AM   #4871
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,387
"B" looks like about where Jacala is
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #4872
Arte OP
Pata de Perro

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
"B" looks like about where Jacala is
Agua Fria Grande, only 2 or 3 miles south west of Jacala. The night got us so we camped there.

" If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself " - Max Ehrmann
Chiapas Ride 2013
Arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #4873
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,582
Ohio is NOT safe. I'm bugging out.

http://www.dispatch.com

Lutz said the county is still a "highly volatile area."

Lutz said that four deputies with assault rifles in a pickup truck immediately went to 270 Kopchak Rd., where a 46-acre “wild-animal-rescue farm” owned by Thompson borders I-70.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #4874
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,945
Change Of Plans

Oh well.

Oaxaca is out and Durango/Mazatlan is in. Two weeks off work is too risky for our project schedule.

Better'n nuthin'.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #4875
Mr.Mellow's WildRide
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
Down here in South Texas "Juarez" is usually consistently the cheapest tequila available, and they actually make something that's a near tequila (made with tequila and other liquors, or something like that) that tastes the same as their tequila but saves ya a dollar or two.

I keep a flask in the freezer and do shots every so often, but the stuff is really suitable for use as a parts cleaner. Or for getting the airplane cement or gasket maker out of your moustache.

It's a little stout, let's put things that-a-way.
Please, try not to suck on the model airplanes or head gaskets before they're dry....!!!
Mr.Mellow's WildRide is offline   Reply With Quote