Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #5836
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Gee I want to go but I have an appointment to have the dealer wash my bike in San Antonio that day.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #5837
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
Gee I want to go but I have an appointment to have the dealer wash my bike in San Antonio that day.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #5838
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,996
I don't wash my bike. I don't want it to lose all the good Karma.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #5839
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,582
Interesting new way to learn Spanish.

Most VWs already know Spanish, since they were born in Mexico....

!Vaminos!
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #5840
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
Ok , Ok ! How about coming here to stretch your legs and wach the kid oh!s

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
I don't wash my bike. I don't want it to lose all the good Karma.
good idea ! thanks
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #5841
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #5842
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
Ok , Ok ! How about coming here to stretch your legs and wach the kid oh!s

No puedo ir, yo olvide mis papeles en el bano de Pemex y el Rio Bravo esta muy frio en Diciembre,
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #5843
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Have you been to Stromtrooper website yet? There is lots of tech & bike savy there & plenty of recent activity in the threads on your new bike. I joined simply because I am giving some thought to a switch from BMW to a wee-strom. Take a look at the thread I just started ,is like"BMW rider switching to V-strom" or similar. There & some other threads will keep you well entertained. LOTS of great info there! Enjoy the bike.
Thanks for the information Kantuckid, I did not know about Stromtroopers. I was checking it out and it looks like a good site. In fact, I like it so much that I've decided to switch from ADVrider to Stromtroopers. It was a tough choice but I'll probably loose my job and possibly my family too if I waste any more time on Internet Motorcycle forums, so I had to choose just one. So long Amigos, NOT!

We will have to discuss the VSTROM vs BMW debate sometime over a beer after a long day of riding. I really agonized for a long time about what bike to buy next and drag down to Mexico and a lot of differnt factors went into my choice of the Weestom but now that I have it, I am very happy with the bike.

Saludos a Todos y Prospero Ano Nuevo!

SR

SR screwed with this post 12-31-2011 at 09:42 PM
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #5844
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,186
The Police took me off the Highway and extorted money, March 2008

While traveling in Mexico I look a Couta, Toll road, to loop around the north to east around Mexico City I was stopped twice and they wanted real money $300 in us currency. I would not pay and a settlement was made for $80. They said I was speeding but that was never the case. In the next town where I turned to continue east on the Liebra, free road, I was stopped by police in Ixtapatuca uniforms but driving civilian cars. My papers where taken and I was told to follow them. They took me to an auto salvage yard and turned me over to police in plain clothes who extorted for more money.I paid and they released me. I was stopped for a fourth time that day entering my destination city of Tlaxcala. I explain what had happened that day and the young policeman on a Yamaha 400 said in perfect English I was free to go.
I was hot but after thinking it over I realized that on my previous trip to Mexico I had no trouble. There are situations I would avoid.

The police are a risk
Police are often waiting just after you come through toll booths.
Pay as little as you can and get on the road again.
The Army check points are handle by kids with machine guns. They want to search but will not extort money. Don't make them nurvious they are kids with machine guns.
I liked everything about Mexico and would like to go again but I want too travel in a group and a person who has good language and local travel experience.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #5845
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Thanks for the information Kantuckid, I did not know about Stromtroopers. I was checking it out and it looks like a good site. In fact, I like it so much that I've decided to switch from ADVrider to Stromtroopers. It was a tough choice but I'll probably loose my job and possibly my family too if I waste any more time on Internet Motorcycle forums, so I had to choose just one. So long Amigos, NOT!

We will have to discuss the VSTROM vs BMW debate sometime over a beer after a long day of riding. I really agonized for a long time about what bike to buy next and drag down to Mexico and a lot of differnt factors went into my choice of the Weestom but now that I have it, I am very happy with the bike.

SR
I'll drink beer while you lube your chain Happy New year everybody
Old 12-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #5846
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,990
Do I sense we are moving toward a reckoning? Weestrom vs. GSA, that is?

Who wants to head Durango-way to fulfill the hospitality of our recent excellent host? Roads to ride, mole to eat and mines to explore. Oye!

I propose 2 weeks in April for the Wild Bunch's return to TacoRico. Bring your key fobs.

Would that work for you, SR?

Prospero Año Nuevo a Todas!!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SchizzMan screwed with this post 12-31-2011 at 11:23 PM
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #5847
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,850
Quote:

SR
I stayed with some Mexicans from Colima in PV in march, they belonged to a club there and all seemed to ride Suzuki stroms. I'll look you up when I'm that way! Be good for you to be around an old fart for a bit!
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #5848
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windburn View Post
While traveling in Mexico I look a Couta, Toll road, to loop around the north to east around Mexico City I was stopped twice and they wanted real money $300 in us currency. I would not pay and a settlement was made for $80. They said I was speeding but that was never the case. In the next town where I turned to continue east on the Liebra, free road, I was stopped by police in Ixtapatuca uniforms but driving civilian cars. My papers where taken and I was told to follow them. They took me to an auto salvage yard and turned me over to police in plain clothes who extorted for more money.I paid and they released me. I was stopped for a fourth time that day entering my destination city of Tlaxcala. I explain what had happened that day and the young policeman on a Yamaha 400 said in perfect English I was free to go.
I was hot but after thinking it over I realized that on my previous trip to Mexico I had no trouble. There are situations I would avoid.

The police are a risk
Police are often waiting just after you come through toll booths.
Pay as little as you can and get on the road again.
The Army check points are handle by kids with machine guns. They want to search but will not extort money. Don't make them nurvious they are kids with machine guns.
I liked everything about Mexico and would like to go again but I want too travel in a group and a person who has good language and local travel experience.
I did have one young soldier try for some $ once there & I (lacking much Spanish! & playing dumb on language too) drew a picture of a few stripes above my former rank & told him no way was he getting $ and pointed @ his sgt in the bunker on the roadside-he got nervous and backed off-he did have a gun but way to many witnesses to get really stupid. I usually give the military kids some of the candy I always carry for even younger kids along the way & they act much the same with a big smile.
My wife claims they were "laying for her" because of her blonde hair in outskirts of Cancun enroute to Merida once when we were stopped by city cops. I keep telling her it was really about the seatbelt( she will not wea)-which is what they told me. I just showed them I had no money, which was true as not to the ATM yet for pesos and got off free.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #5849
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
I'll drink beer while you lube your chain Happy New year everybody
Viva la chain oiler/O-ring chain! Honestly, I would rather do a very occasional chain service than buy a tranny shaft and/or FD. The real question is can I like the other bike enough to change? The $ is not that different between the oilhead R bikes & stroms with farkles & @ 28.5 inseam a GS is not my bike anyway. I do say Mexico(& elsewhere) IS way more safe w/o a BMW breakdown .Or, you & I can drink beer while I oil my chain!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #5850
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,481
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Do I sense we are moving toward a reckoning? Weestrom vs. GSA, that is?

Who wants to head Durango-way to fulfill the hospitality of our recent excellent host? Roads to ride, mole to eat and mines to explore. Oye!

I propose 2 weeks in April for the Wild Bunch's return to TacoRico. Bring your key fobs.

Would that work for you, SR?

Prospero Año Nuevo a Todas!!
Quote:

SR
Igualmente! Can't wait to go back to Dgo., DGO. Thinking we should set up ADV Mexico Headquarters there but SR may want us out of town after a couple weeks.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote