Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #6421
SR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
We Just rolled into Durango from Mazatlan.

Nice twisties with some good combat semi passing.

Any thoughts on where to quench our thirst ?

Staying at the Posada San Augustin.

Twist it, Max
You guys are very close to my favorite restaurant in Durango for dinner, La Fonda de Tio Chona. It is on 20 de Noviembre just about 3 blocks west of where you are staying. There are several bars near by you on Constitution.

I'll PM you.
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #6422
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,203
Superbowl

Cold beer

And memories of Esther

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #6423
SR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
SR we must test the SPOT this spring, extensively.
Most definitely. I'd like to see if we can get so lost up in the Sierra that the SPOT cant even keep track of us!

If all goes as planned I'm heading to Laredo/Nuevo Laredo this Friday to legally import the KLR. No more temporary permissions, I'm gonna make her an honest Mexicana! Is anyone around Laredo?
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #6424
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,631
Goooooooooooooaall!!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #6425
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Most definitely. I'd like to see if we can get so lost up in the Sierra that the SPOT cant even keep track of us!

If all goes as planned I'm heading to Laredo/Nuevo Laredo this Friday to legally import the KLR. No more temporary permissions, I'm gonna make her an honest Mexicana! Is anyone around Laredo?

Pirate John is in Laredo.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #6426
Old-n-slo
Burnin' fossil fuels!

Oddometer: 97
Two Old Guys Lost in Creel

Another breakfast with Arturo and Olegeezer and I were out of Chihuahia and off to Basaseachic and the falls. A little trouble finding a room on Saturday night, but we ended up with hot water and a TV. Not the kind of place Trice Pilot seems to find, but it was all we needed. Frosty morning and the KLR would not start but we managed to borrow a charger from the senora who runs the hotel Alma Rosa. Plenty of canyon carving after visiting the falls and hiking a bit. Now in Creel at the Margarita. Off to Divisidero to the south tomorrow and then leaving pavement to drop down into the Canyon to Uriche. My son, Luke said there was a guy named "Keith" there who rents huts. From there, some rough roads down to Tubares. It's supposed to be fairly passable due to the increased mining activity lately with the rise in silver prices. We may then try some back trails directly to Batopilas, following a map Tury in Chihuahua made for us on the back of a napkin.

So far, no snow, great riding, wonderful people, and no cartel desperadoes looking for an old guy on a beat up single cylinder motorcycle.

John on Joe's computer and Margarita's wifi
Old 02-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #6427
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-n-slo View Post
So far, no snow, great riding, wonderful people, and no cartel desperadoes looking for an old guy on a beat up single cylinder motorcycle.

Glad to hear you're having fun down there.

It was a clear balmy mid 40s February day back here!
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #6428
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 805
Hello Old-n-slo

Quote:
We may then try some back trails directly to Batopilas, following a map Tury in Chihuahua made for us on the back of a napkin.
Joe and John, Those maps on napkins are more reliable than the ones from the known map companies.
Glad to see you guys are enjoying the local sights down there.
Any plans for Batopilas and the winding road down to it?
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #6429
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,980
SR, if that measure by Calderon is what everyone is hoping it is, there will be a some interesting price wars going on.
PM me, I have something new for you. Thanks.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #6430
colomtnbiker
wimpy old guy

Oddometer: 459
Sorry to hear some of you had cold today. From Tequila to Barra de Navidad, my wife and I had nothing but pleasant weather, 250 miles+ of excellent twisties, a pool to jump into when we got into town, ate and drank and saw the last 2 minutes of the superbowl. We are heading down the coast tomorrow towards Playa Azul or somewheres there about. We still have tequila with us if you can find us.

Hopefully getting old is not an option but acting old is.
colomtnbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #6431
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomtnbiker View Post
Sorry to hear some of you had cold today. From Tequila to Barra de Navidad, my wife and I had nothing but pleasant weather, 250 miles+ of excellent twisties, a pool to jump into when we got into town, ate and drank and saw the last 2 minutes of the superbowl. We are heading down the coast tomorrow towards Playa Azul or somewheres there about. We still have tequila with us if you can find us.
You're in for a great ride.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #6432
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Pirate John is in Laredo.

Actually, I am about 150 miles north right now.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #6433
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
That's right, thanks, I don't think I can keep up with the famous PJ! I aint going bar crawling at night in NL!

Now, now.

Alas, I am up in the Texas Hill Country right now, waiting to go back to work. No pub crawling for me for a few weeks unless I ride into Bandera.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #6434
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Has anybody else heard that Calderon just signed into law the elimination of import taxes on a variety of items including Motorcycles and televisions! It is supposed to be effective as of January 24th. I was investigating this a little but the language is not very clear. It's possible that it only includes new motorcycles or possibly only American or Canadian made motorcycles? This could be a great thing for motorcycle prices in Mexico. Anybody know anything about this? Next week I'm going to call a Customs Agent to get some details.

related to NAFTA ?

BobLoblaw screwed with this post 02-06-2012 at 09:02 AM
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #6435
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Another breakfast with Arturo and Olegeezer and I were out of Chihuahia and off to Basaseachic and the falls. A little trouble finding a room on Saturday night, but we ended up with hot water and a TV. Not the kind of place Trice Pilot seems to find, but it was all we needed. Frosty morning and the KLR would not start but we managed to borrow a charger from the senora who runs the hotel Alma Rosa. Plenty of canyon carving after visiting the falls and hiking a bit. Now in Creel at the Margarita. Off to Divisidero to the south tomorrow and then leaving pavement to drop down into the Canyon to Uriche. My son, Luke said there was a guy named "Keith" there who rents huts. From there, some rough roads down to Tubares. It's supposed to be fairly passable due to the increased mining activity lately with the rise in silver prices. We may then try some back trails directly to Batopilas, following a map Tury in Chihuahua made for us on the back of a napkin.

hey there old n slo, nice avatar

this copy seen in a bar in Ketchikan, AK