ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #7531
colomtnbiker
wimpy old guy
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: mountains of western Colorado
Oddometer: 471
I don't want my wife bald because we rode through n. Mexico. How else can I get back to Nogales? I am really scared now.
__________________
How can you be lost when you have no particular place to be.

Hopefully getting old is not an option but acting old is.
colomtnbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #7532
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomtnbiker View Post
I don't want my wife bald because we rode through n. Mexico. How else can I get back to Nogales? I am really scared now.

Go back to Mazatlan and hang there for awhile.

Alternately go to San Carlos and hop a ride on a sailboat.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #7533
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
The "director's cut" includes a 30sec clip of an ADV rider being chased across 3 state lines by truckloads of narcos.
He finally finds a safe refuge in a bathroom but there is no toilet seat.




"Video has been removed by the owner"
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #7534
alpiner84
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alpiner84's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomtnbiker View Post
I don't want my wife bald because we rode through n. Mexico. How else can I get back to Nogales? I am really scared now.
Don't fret, women aren't as adversely affected by the hair-loss effects of northern Mexico. In fact, it tends to get longer and shaggier!
alpiner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #7535
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,303
I didn't think that mirador could get any nicer but I guess I was wrong.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #7536
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer
 
MikeMike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: South east Mexico
Oddometer: 4,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
I didn't think that mirador could get any nicer but I guess I was wrong.
Yes, that calligraphy is quite intriguing, the use of a medium consisting of dark tones contrasting with the lighter surface texture tones on the ledge make it really stand out.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #7537
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiner84 View Post
Don't fret, women aren't as adversely affected by the hair-loss effects of northern Mexico. In fact, it tends to get longer and shaggier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Yes, that calligraphy is quite intriguing, the use of a medium consisting of dark tones contrasting with the lighter surface texture tones on the ledge make it really stand out.
It is the topography that I find so ....fascinating. On a serious note, this young lady recently returned from a long Mexico/CA trip on which she took one of the wilder off-road routes from Durango to the Pacific. Fear is not in her vocabulary.

jimmex screwed with this post 04-14-2012 at 01:20 PM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #7538
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer
 
MikeMike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: South east Mexico
Oddometer: 4,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
But modesty is!
Lawyers always win when it comes to semantics. LOL! I defer to you, counselor.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #7539
SR
Studly Adventurer
 
SR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Western, Mexico
Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
On a serious note, this young lady recently returned from a long Mexico/CA trip on which she took one of the wilder off-road routes from Durango to the Pacific. Fear is not in her vocabulary.
She may be one of the few foreigners to ever stay in the night in Jesus Maria, Nayarit. That's a cool accomplishment.
SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #7540
mark883
Holding up Michoagán
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Buckeyeland
Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
I've been riding my motorcycle in Northern Mexico all day, just got back, no problem whatsoever.
And that's the news from our embedded reporter, SR.

If there's anyone that should know, he should.


And in other news, the transmission and rear wheel have been re-attached to my 1100GS, and pending a few more tests (more than 4 miles), its itchin' for another ride to Mexico. Because all good motorcycles want to go to Mexico.


mark883 screwed with this post 04-14-2012 at 05:53 PM
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #7541
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,303
Just wondering if my fellow inmates are as outraged and appalled as I am (not at all) by the reports of the Secret Service advance squad cavorting with prostitutes in Cartagena. I mean, what are they supposed to do? All probably just a big misunderstanding. Perhaps the putative putas were just a welcoming committee of sorts.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #7542
alpiner84
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alpiner84's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
She may be one of the few foreigners to ever stay in the night in Jesus Maria, Nayarit. That's a cool accomplishment.
That was a crazy night, but also one of my favorite in Mexico. Go figure. Thanks again, Steve, for pointing out that route--what an experience!
alpiner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #7543
mark883
Holding up Michoagán
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Buckeyeland
Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiner84 View Post
That was a crazy night, but also one of my favorite in Mexico. Go figure. Thanks again, Steve, for pointing out that route--what an experience!
Stories? We need stories. Especially from female adventurers. Or point me to the relevant thread.



BTW, is Jesus Maria, Nayarit some sort of Mexican expression of blasphemy? Or could it be?
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #7544
alpiner84
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alpiner84's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
It is the topography that I find so ....fascinating.
I think the camera angle, um.... exaggerated the, er, topography...
alpiner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #7545
alpiner84
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alpiner84's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
Stories? We need stories. Especially from female adventurers. Or point me to the relevant thread.

BTW, is Jesus Maria, Nayarit some sort of Mexican expression of blasphemy? Or could it be?
I have loads of stories, but no thread. Should I tell the Jesus Maria, Nayarit! (exclamation point since it's clearly a blasphemy) story here? Or does it belong in another thread? I don't want to highjack this one...
alpiner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014