Gracias por las enseñanzas
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #9243
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Get on the road Bato. This thread needs some excitement. Says in the policy you are taking the F650?

This thread has been kind of quiet since Chango left. I never thought I'd say it but I kind of miss him. He was outrageous and definitely got under my skin but was entertaining. Was he banished forever or just sent to timeout? Knowing Chango, I would have at expected a re-incarnation in some form or another by now.
hope that I can come and have a cerveza with you my friend., and maybe do HWY 24
I dint like the post where chango had this girl holding a sign where he had been., that's inhuman and that's history.
My experience is that is better to be sober when we go online .
Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #9244
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Couldnt leave behind the red wings or the pillow 1 more bag
Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #9245
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Well, the word "permaban" was used, IIRC. And Hombre_Secreto is gone as well.

Looks like the rest of us are gonna hafta step it up some.

Maybe Bato will have some exciting encounters and take us along with some pix.

I was reading the McAllen news and it's pretty quiet in that part of Mexico. Some guys walked in and snatched some kid working in a fast food place and the cops found the body a few hours later and that has all the marks of a cartel killing but it happened in the USA, not Mexico.

Last time I looked at Borderland Beat it was pretty quiet too.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #9246
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I was reading the McAllen news and it's pretty quiet in that part of Mexico. Some guys walked in and snatched some kid working in a fast food place and the cops found the body a few hours later and that has all the marks of a cartel killing but it happened in the USA, not Mexico.

Last time I looked at Borderland Beat it was pretty quiet too.

PRI BRINGS THE PEACE!

or the moneyz

mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #9247
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
PRI BRINGS THE PEACE!

or the moneyz

Hit that nail on the head. I suspect this is not a good time to have been associated with the Zetas.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #9248
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark883 View Post
PRI BRINGS THE PEACE!
You mean "peace" spelled "T-l-a-t-e-l-o-l-c-o"?

PRI brings dictatorship style politics and worse.
In fact, there are so many bodies in the local morgue here, they had to lower the health hazard risk to the community by disposing of half of the unclaimed cadavers.
Except they somehow lost a bag containing one along the way.
Some people might not believe just how loco things can truly get here. So have a look at what the PRI really brings.
Between Xalapa and Veracruz there are usually one or two per day, on average, that remain unsolved and just attributed to the narco wars. At least they are putting the bodies in separate graves now, they just used to dump them all into a mass pit.
Fiscales y peritos llevan 23 cuerpos al panteón!

27 Julio, 2012 07:05:00

* Pero se les pierde una bolsa con restos en el traslado

Por FEDERICO GARCÍA
Reportero de NOTIVER

La Procuraduría de Justicia (PGJE) inhumó en el Panteón Municipal de Veracruz 23 cadáveres, de identidad desconocida, para desactivar el foco de infección en el Servicio de Medicina Forense, la maniobra encabezada por fiscales y peritos pudo haber sido un éxito pero se extravió un cuerpo durante el traslado del SEMEFO al cementerio.

Un grupo de peritos criminalistas de la PGJE trabajó desde las ocho de la mañana del jueves, en las instalaciones del SEMEFO, en la selección de 24 cadáveres que serían inhumados en la fosa común del Panteón Municipal de Dos Caminos, en este puerto, con la autorización del gobierno porteño.

A bordo de unidades de periciales y debidamente identificados, con arete, fueron transportados los cadáveres que serían inhumados, cada uno en una fosa, como lo marca el protocolo.

Durante la inhumación masiva fueron sepultados, cuatro cadáveres de la Agencia Tercera del Ministerio Público, tres cadáveres que se encuentran a disposición de la Agencia Primera del Ministerio Público de Veracruz, uno del Ministerio Público de Jalapa y cuatro cadáveres que están a cargo de la fiscalía de Medellín.

La diligencia se realizó en presencia de los titulares de esas Agencias del Ministerio Público, oficiales secretarios y peritos, también había cadáveres de la Agencia Octava del Ministerio Público, que fueron inhumados, pero no asistió el titular de esa fiscalía.

Mientras se realizaba la diligencia en el Panteón Municipal del puerto de Veracruz, el personal de la PGJE descubrió que faltaba un cadáver, pues si estaba documentado pero la bolsa que contenía los restos nunca apareció, por eso solamente fueron inhumados 23 cuerpos, de víctimas desconocidas.

Cerca del medio día terminó la diligencia de inhumación en fosa común, cada cuerpo ocupó una fosa y no como anteriormente ocurría que varios cadáveres eran sepultados en una fosa..
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #9249
Animo
Beastly n00b

Oddometer: 4,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post

Loading now hope to make it to SMA Saturday night live
Beautiful ride Bato, I like the seat

Enjoy the ride.

Yucatan | Chiapas | Belize 1 | Belize 2 | QRoo | Guanajuato
Animo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #9250
AK Smitty
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 316
Heading back

to Mexico in Oct. Looking to do a two week ride from Denver to Puerto Vallarta. My plan is to store my bike in PV and then reutrn 2 weeks later for 3 months off. Then head south.

My question is does anyone know of some good safe storage in or near PV. I need to fly back to AK for 2 weeks and would like my bike to in Mex for the start of my 3 month trip. PV is not far from where I left off last year.

Any suggestions?
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #9251
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
You mean "peace" spelled "T-l-a-t-e-l-o-l-c-o"?

PRI brings dictatorship style politics and worse.
In fact, there are so many bodies in the local morgue here, they had to lower the health hazard risk to the community by disposing of half of the unclaimed cadavers.
]

The classic trade off between liberties and security. Every nation including the USA has had to go through those shifts.

I was watching something where they were interviewing folks in Panama and it was interesting to see how many people, especially among the poor, thought that they were better off under Noriega than after. Appearently Noreiga wasn't big on free speech but had a massive police force.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #9252
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Smitty View Post
to Mexico in Oct. Looking to do a two week ride from Denver to Puerto Vallarta. My plan is to store my bike in PV and then reutrn 2 weeks later for 3 months off. Then head south.

My question is does anyone know of some good safe storage in or near PV. I need to fly back to AK for 2 weeks and would like my bike to in Mex for the start of my 3 month trip. PV is not far from where I left off last year.

Any suggestions?

Maybe try estigoscooters.com
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #9253
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
The classic trade off between liberties and security. Every nation including the USA has had to go through those shifts.

I was watching something where they were interviewing folks in Panama and it was interesting to see how many people, especially among the poor, thought that they were better off under Noriega than after. Appearently Noreiga wasn't big on free speech but had a massive police force.

Pretty much the same in Havana. Never felt unsafe there.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #9254
noshoes
soñando con México

Oddometer: 2,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Smitty View Post

Any suggestions?
Hey Smitty, do you live anywheres near Talkeetna? If so, there's a outdoor mexican restaurant named "The Mexican Moose", and the family that runs it is from PV. They go back in the fall, and know PV well. I told them I was heading down there, and they gave me their phone # in MX. Said to call, and they'd show me around. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #9255
Bato
Studly Adventurer

@SMA muy tranquilo