ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #10126
terrapinneck
Gnarly Adventurer
 
terrapinneck's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Prescott, Arkansas, USA
Oddometer: 238
Chupacabras

It's not the chupacabras, bears, or machetes you need to worry about....espcecially after dark !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxxgvA8rlM
terrapinneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #10127
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Very sad to lose another person to the drug war. The only to stop this is with legalization of MJ and decriminalization of the rest. Education and treatment are more effective and cheaper. There is no Mexican drug war, it USA's drug war, southern front.

Will legalization make the cartels disappear? No, they will continue in a diminished way, stealing cars, Pemex oil, counterfit cash, movies and music as well as designer goods. But they won't have the vast amounts of cash to buy military style weapons, hire hitmen, corrupt border agents, cops, judges and politicians on both sides of the border like they do now. Doing the same thing for over 30 years with no result is madness. Legalization would be no worse.
Topics like legalization belong in the JoMomma section. Sorry to hear about the loss of life.
__________________

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #10128
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Oddometer: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinneck View Post
It's not the chupacabras, bears, or machetes you need to worry about....espcecially after dark !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxxgvA8rlM
That video has already been posted in this thread.
__________________

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #10129
terrapinneck
Gnarly Adventurer
 
terrapinneck's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Prescott, Arkansas, USA
Oddometer: 238
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
That video has already been posted in this thread.
Yep, I figured, but I felt like posting it. I've been listening to Tito and Tarantula for the past week. Love them, or at least their music.
terrapinneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #10130
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
That video has already been posted in this thread.
You object?

Really?!
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated), '14 S1000RR-HP4

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #10131
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street
 
Jick Magger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Topics like legalization belong in the JoMomma section. Sorry to hear about the loss of life.
Having a bad day?
__________________
"Blessed are the Cheesemakers"


RIde Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=Rolling+jick
Jick Magger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #10132
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
Orale ! Pepe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
You object?

Really?!
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #10133
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer
 
rockymountainoyster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Back in the San Juan Mountains
Oddometer: 983
Thread Nazi

Lighten up Pedro. Having read most to all of the posts on this thread you have no cause to get your nickers in a knot over anything. Jeesh!
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #10134
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer
 
rockymountainoyster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Back in the San Juan Mountains
Oddometer: 983
Video

Video incredible Bato....muy muchas gracias por eso....son mas? Adonde?
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #10135
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,476
Excelente video Bato. Me encanta Mexico.
__________________
Guero from Texas
COHVCO
AMA
PAPA
SJTRA
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #10136
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo
 
Turkeycreek's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Banámichi, Sonora, Mexico
Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Topics like legalization belong in the JoMomma section. Sorry to hear about the loss of life.
As was riding el tigre la plata from my home in our little hotel in Banamichi, Sonora to Ures to make sure our guests found the road they were looking for, I started thinking about the question posed by this thread - "Is Mexico Safe?" As part of this thought process involved in considering the question "Is Mexico Safe?" I though about what causes this question to be raised in the first place, what is the raison d'etre for this thread. The answer is cartel violence. The obvious follow on question in the context of "Is Mexico Safe" as posed by this thread is how can cartel violence be reduced. For me the answer, again in the context of this thread, "Is Mexico Safe?" is to legalize and or de-criminalize drugs and thus deprive the cartels of the revenue needed to support the violence that cause the question to be raised in the first place. So as I rode my Triumph from Banamichi to Ures and back, and further pondered the question "is Mexico Safe?" I decided that yes, in the main Mexico is much more safe than not and the violence while horrific, is limited to relatively discrete and definable areas and mainly between willing participants (cartel soldiers, rival cartels and government forces) but can easily be made safer. Just saying.
__________________
Mexico - Dream, Discover, Ride
Hotel Los Arcos, Northern Sonora's Motorcycle Haven
http://www.losarcossonora.com
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #10137
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Excelente video Bato. Me encanta Mexico.
+1.

Can't wait for Lila Downs to return to Tejas.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated), '14 S1000RR-HP4

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #10138
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
As was riding el tigre la plata from my home in our little hotel in Banamichi, Sonora to Ures to make sure our guests found the road they were looking for, I started thinking about the question posed by this thread - "Is Mexico Safe?" As part of this thought process involved in considering the question "Is Mexico Safe?" I though about what causes this question to be raised in the first place, what is the raison d'etre for this thread. The answer is cartel violence. The obvious follow on question in the context of "Is Mexico Safe" as posed by this thread is how can cartel violence be reduced. For me the answer, again in the context of this thread, "Is Mexico Safe?" is to legalize and or de-criminalize drugs and thus deprive the cartels of the revenue needed to support the violence that cause the question to be raised in the first place. So as I rode my Triumph from Banamichi to Ures and back, and further pondered the question "is Mexico Safe?" I decided that yes, in the main Mexico is much more safe than not and the violence while horrific, is limited to relatively discrete and definable areas and mainly between willing participants (cartel soldiers, rival cartels and government forces) but can easily be made safer. Just saying.

I understand your thinking and appreciate your civil and thoughtful reply. I do agree with Mike on this one as the purpose of the thread is not to enter into extended debates of controversial social issues like legalization but rather to discuss and share info on more practical aspects of safe travel in Mexico.

Hope to make it out your way some time.

-JD
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated), '14 S1000RR-HP4

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #10139
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo
 
Turkeycreek's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Banámichi, Sonora, Mexico
Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
+1.

Can't wait for Lila Downs to return to Tejas.

She is in PHX (Mesa) in April. Just 7 hrs away.
__________________
Mexico - Dream, Discover, Ride
Hotel Los Arcos, Northern Sonora's Motorcycle Haven
http://www.losarcossonora.com
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #10140
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
FYI today the son of gobernador of Coahuila was killed probably because business disagreement the relevance of this event is that Humberto Moreira is one top rank of Salinas soldiers
It happen in Acuna
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014