PAPA
SJTR

jimmex screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 10:19 PM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #10247
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 1,000
Muchisimas Gracias por su auyuda, Jimmex. Mas fotos. A better strategy than just text. Salma, ben aqui, por favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[IMG
http://www.perfectioner.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/salma-hayek-sexy-shots-in-vogue-germany-september-2012-04-435x580.jpeg[/IMG]

Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #10248
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Three Nuns

Three nuns are walking down the street and a flasher jumps out of an alley and exposes himself. The first nun had a stroke, the second nun had a stroke but the third nun wouldn't touch it.

46 eh... I'm 67 and she is def a candidate for ex wife #3. Don't think she's a cougah so fogeddaboutit young man.

Schizz... didn't you post a pic of that sportster with knobbies that did the SA ride? Gnarly Harley.

No doubt a skilled rider can ride anything on the ripio... risk management.
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #10249
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,098
Would take a sporty over a sport bike on el ripio. Easier to lighten the front. Less Tupperware to shed.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #10250
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Reality Check

Hayek was born Salma Hayek Jiménez in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico. She is the daughter of Diana Jiménez Medina, an opera singer and talent scout, and Sami Hayek, an oil company executive who once ran for mayor of Coatzacoalcos.[2][3][4] Hayek's father is of Lebanese descent while her mother is of Spanish descent.[5][6] Her first given name, Salma, is Arabic for "safe".[7] Raised in a wealthy, devoutly Roman Catholic[8] family, she was sent to the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana, at the age of twelve.[4] While there, she was diagnosed with dyslexia.[9] She attended university in Mexico City, where she studied International Relations at the Universidad Iberoamericana.[4]

Hayek is a naturalized United States citizen.[27] She studied at Ramtha's School of Enlightenment,[28] and is a practitioner of yoga.[29] Her brother, Sami Hayek,[30] is a designer with his own line of products at Target[31] and clients that include Louis Vuitton, Brad Pitt, and the Mexican Government.[32]
On March 9, 2007, Hayek confirmed her engagement to French billionaire and PPR CEO François-Henri Pinault as well as her pregnancy. On September 21, 2007, she gave birth to daughter Valentina Paloma Pinault at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. On July 18, 2008, Hayek and Pinault announced the end of their engagement.[33] They later reconciled and were married on Valentine's Day, 2009 in Paris.[34] On April 25, 2009, they were married a second time in Venice.[35]
In July 2011, Hayek's husband was named in a paternity case. According to reports, Pinault is the father of supermodel Linda Evangelista's four-year-old son, Augustin James. He denied all allegations,[36][37] although the reports were later substantiated.

You can read the whole article about her in Wikipedia. Her hubby is worth 11.5 Billion, that's billion with a B and hauls in 5 Million a year from his fashion businesses. Salma's name means "safe" so Trice... your Mexico is "safe". Interesting that the richest man in the world is a Mexican who is expatriated from... Lebanon a la Salma's father. Hmmmm.

Linda Evangelista ain't so bad herself.

rockymountainoyster screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 12:17 AM Reason: Spelling
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #10251
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
And gunmen went into the funeral home and took the 2 bodies last night.
And there in lies the difference between what is considered "muy cabron" and "muy chingon".

I don't know where you guys are getting your economics data but 4% growth down here is likely on the west side, it sure isn't over here. Calderon had a chance to really make some changes and he pissed it all away on a war he will never win and totally forgot the people except with the oppressive tax changes he made.
He started out very well with the closing of Luz y Fuerza and then got bogged down in the narco wars and forgot his policies for the poor, totally. The Hacienda became a fortress of fiscal terrorists who took a lot of small businesses to the cleaners with new requirements and taxes. He then spoke out against his party's candidate, as did Fox who was trying to curry favors with the PRI for this wife Martha's business dealings in her little fiefdom. Business as usual here. Gone are the days of the real PAN, that ended when Manuel Clouthier was killed.
Maybe some of you guys are in favor of legalizing drug use, as a matter of fact, small quantities for personal use have been legal for some time here. But the last thing I want to see are the beaches full of junky vacationers and a city as filthy as Amsterdam back in the 80's, thank you very much.
They are forecasting a big return of pochos here, and very little monies coming in from the illegals sending it south this coming year. I doubt Pena Nieto has any answers or the ability to even think through one coherent policy. I have a feeling that he, like his second wife, slept his way to the top. LOL!

Ahhhhh, now I feel better!

A la chingada con los politicos, because on Friday; La Esperanza, Andres, Arte, and the elusive Jaguarondi await!
MikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #10252
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
And there in lies the difference between what is considered "muy cabron" and "muy chingon".

I don't know where you guys are getting your economics data but 4% growth down here is likely on the west side, it sure isn't over here. Calderon had a chance to really make some changes and he pissed it all away on a war he will never win and totally forgot the people except with the oppressive tax changes he made.
He started out very well with the closing of Luz y Fuerza and then got bogged down in the narco wars and forgot his policies for the poor, totally. The Hacienda became a fortress of fiscal terrorists who took a lot of small businesses to the cleaners with new requirements and taxes. He then spoke out against his party's candidate, as did Fox who was trying to curry favors with the PRI for this wife Martha's business dealings in her little fiefdom. Business as usual here. Gone are the days of the real PAN, that ended when Manuel Clouthier was killed.
Maybe some of you guys are in favor of legalizing drug use, as a matter of fact, small quantities for personal use have been legal for some time here. But the last thing I want to see are the beaches full of junky vacationers and a city as filthy as Amsterdam back in the 80's, thank you very much.
They are forecasting a big return of pochos here, and very little monies coming in from the illegals sending it south this coming year. I doubt Pena Nieto has any answers or the ability to even think through one coherent policy. I have a feeling that he, like his second wife, slept his way to the top. LOL!

Ahhhhh, now I feel better!

A la chingada con los politicos, because on Friday; La Esperanza, Andres, Arte, and the elusive Jaguarondi await!
Just to be clear MikeMike, I was advocating for legalization in the US.

Many of my friends are ardent PANistas and fear that Mexico will return to the bad old days. I have not determined if it is just the normal Mexican fatalistic reaction or if there is something to their concerns.

I think a lot of the growth is from mining and a lot from automobile assembly. Both booming.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #10253
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Risk Management

I dunno, maybe these discussions do belong somewhere else on the website, that is for the veterans to weigh in on. I personally find them very helpful in understanding more about Mexico from the Gringo and Expat perspective and I believe that understanding is a key element in risk management eg. cultural awareness training of our military in the "Stan" and even the little bit of it we had in "The Nam" were useful when applied without cynicism. (The Deputy Ambassador for Civil Operations and Rural Development Support (CORDS) was a gentleman by the name of William Colby, later director of the CIA, and "winner of hearts and minds", go figure). On my last trip to Mexico I found that the simplest living people I encountered were more politically astute than similarly situated people here... not dumbed down by television and popular culture and also very curious about my life en el Norte. I always enjoy reading Donnie's experiences "off the beaten path" and his discoveries amongst the people. We truly can be cultural ambassadors and not just drunken louts who leer at the women and behave in ways that we never would consider on our home turf. I live in a tourist town and I have to shake my head sometimes at the way people forget their manners when they are "out of town". Enough of this. Ride on!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #10254
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
Yes, I'll be in Xalapa from next Saturday. I'll have a fully executed, notorized kitchen pass in-hand and I plan to use it.

A client has asked me to go to Angola, so this might be my last ride. Look out for me on CNN.

Ahhh the goats. It's well known that there is a breed of goat in Mexico that gets turned on by motorcycle exhaust noise and likes to mate with front wheels at 80 mph. They often die during sex and legend has it that if they go down on the road, they turn into topes. Their spirit lingers on however, and this might explain why Harleys and their loud pipes have so much trouble with speed bumps here.
The noise of a Harley exhaust scraping over concrete and a goat's "O-Noise" are remarkable similar. Coincidence? I think not...!

True story, Bro! :

Sent via digitally decoded smoke-signals...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #10255
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
We truly can be cultural ambassadors and not just drunken louts who leer at the women and behave in ways that we never would consider on our home turf. I live in a tourist town and I have to shake my head sometimes at the way people forget their manners when they are "out of town". Enough of this. Ride on!
You hit it on the head, exactly. I am a cultural ambassador whenever I travel and believe the pay off is huge, and it is immensely self-satisfying, IMHO.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #10256
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,407
E. Z.

I got your cultural ambassador right here

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #10257
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
We truly can be cultural ambassadors and not just drunken louts who leer at the women and behave in ways that we never would consider on our home turf.
Leave PirateJohn alone!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #10258
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oh, right, PirateJohn, I thought he was talking about me.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #10259
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

E.z. ?

E.Z. or Carlos Slim, the missing years?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #10260
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo