Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #10366
larrylarry75
Nacho Mama

Oddometer: 300
Well that was easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Yes, you can turn the TVIP in at any Banjercito office on the border. They are all networked over the internet. At Nogales, you have to go down to KM 21, hang a u-turn and go to the "Retornos" building on the east side of Hwy 15. You can also turn it in at Naco on weekends (Thursday 4 pm to 10 pm, Friday - Sunday 10 am to 10 pm.) The ofice is just past the border gate on the left with lots of parking. Almost never a line in Naco, easy in easy out. If you had your passport stamped clear your visa as well. Douglas/Agua Prieta is easy as well, also just past the gate on the right. Immigration and the Banjercito co-located wit a copy guy right there in the office. Cananea is tough t find the first time and there is no migration office there.

Easy. See http://www.losarcossonora.com/index....ps/attheborder

Hey Guys,

I'm back in the US after a fast ride last week to Mexico to do the "returno" paperwork thing. Once I located the place south of Nogales it was super easy in spite of my total lack of Spanish. Now that that's out of the way I think I'll sell the Garmin Data Card for Mexico (City Nav Mexico NT) as well as my 2012 Mexico Road Atlas "Por Las Carreteras Mexico". I've also got a new unused big honkin Spanish dictionary plus a Lonely Planet Mexican Spanish phrase book. There are a couple of other items that would help round out the package for anyone thinking about riding south, another book or two plus electronic money conversion calculator. I know none of you regulars would have any need for these items but maybe you know someone who might? I expect to be home in a couple of days and if I don't hear from anyone I'll post an Ad in the for-sale section.

Thanks again to all of you who gave me good advice and directions.

LL75
larrylarry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #10367
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
What I meant to say is...what is this...----->FYYFF<----- ???
the abreviation for something...
google and ye shall find
Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #10368
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
What I meant to say is...what is this...----->FYYFF<----- ???
the abreviation for something...
www.acronymfinder.com

(Although technically it's an initialism, not an acronym)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #10369
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry75 View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm back in the US after a fast ride last week to Mexico to do the "returno" paperwork thing. Once I located the place south of Nogales it was super easy in spite of my total lack of Spanish. Now that that's out of the way I think I'll sell the Garmin Data Card for Mexico (City Nav Mexico NT) as well as my 2012 Mexico Road Atlas "Por Las Carreteras Mexico". I've also got a new unused big honkin Spanish dictionary plus a Lonely Planet Mexican Spanish phrase book. There are a couple of other items that would help round out the package for anyone thinking about riding south, another book or two plus electronic money conversion calculator. I know none of you regulars would have any need for these items but maybe you know someone who might? I expect to be home in a couple of days and if I don't hear from anyone I'll post an Ad in the for-sale section.

Thanks again to all of you who gave me good advice and directions.

LL75
Glad it worked out. Come back for another visit.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #10370
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Bato, are you going to part out the bike?
If so, I am interested in a couple of pieces that survived.
So what are you going to buy next?
The new F700 has traction control. Sorry, couldn't resist that one!
Good to hear you got the pay out!
Hey MikeMan ., I got an offer of 2k for the whole bike as is and Im asking 200 for the sargent seat I thought of the F700 but honestly I become easily seduced by the throttle of this bikes so Im going to stick to the R1200 gs let me know if interesed I can drop the stuff somewhrer in SA
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #10371
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
New Camelback promo?
If she's coming towards you it'd be camel-toe, right?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #10372
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Bato, are you going to part out the bike?
If so, I am interested in a couple of pieces that survived.
Rain suit maybe?

Sorry, couldn´t resist.
MysteryRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #10373
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
Smart guy, eh?
All that dressing in rubber is so Clinton era.

Seriously, Bato, I was looking to pick up some things like the fuel pressure controller, crank sensor, etc... That seat will be a very good bargain for someone.
I went the Airhawk route so I am ok there. So are you going to go back to a KLR or is that MultiStrada suddenly getting a whole lot more likeable????
Probably get a good deal on a 2012 model right now, or maybe a Stelvio? Luigi is building some very nice bikes these days.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #10374
Road Dust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Got this from an unofficial source. Anyone else heard if this is accurate or not? Know that it has been around for a while now.

Starting October 18 or 19 all Motorcyclists will pay 50% less than a
regular car on ALL toll roads of the Republic
Road Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #10375
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

I'll probably be heading down into the Sierra Fria on the Veracruz/Puebla border south of Cordoba/Orizaba this Sunday if the Mystery Rider decides to stop playing Bob Vila for a day or so. He's a complicated riding buddy, he gets back from a month in Africa and starts rebuilding the rebuilding. LOL!
I'll let you know if the tolls have come down. Absolutely nobody knew anything about it at the tolls I rode through with CraneGuy just last weekend.
Fingers crossed, this will be a big help in covering many more miles much faster to some very good riding locales in this part of Mexico.
Pay less, ride farther, eat more home wood fire cooking, breathe more mountain air, and then get farther off the map.
The answer to "Is Mexico Safe" is right there.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #10376
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 855
I'm trying to figure out who to call. I may see if Sonora Tourism knows anything about the tolls.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #10377
Road Dust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
This came to me from Marco of the Asphalt Rats Endurance Motorcycling in Mexico. I know that he has some fairly reliable contacts. Last July during the End of the World Ride in Chihuahua we did not have to pay any tolls during the actual ride. He has to know some of the right people to pull that off.

I'm hoping that it is accurate as I am heading down to Mazatlan next month for the Pata Salada MC Annivesary & Endurance Ride. Half price on the tolls would save me some money.
Road Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #10378
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,026
I just checked with my local gang of biker chicks (thanks Laura) and they are saying December sometime for the change.

I'm going to ride out tomorrow to check...
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #10379
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
I'm going to ride out tomorrow to check...
Well, what the heck, Craneguy, if you are going out to check on the tolls, ride over to Cordoba Saturday with Doug, and then meet the Mystery Rider and I for breakfast early AM on Sunday in the Portales in Cordoba, and then you guys can head back from the Puebla portion we'll be riding. Should be fun. El Pico awaits and she'll be lifting her skirt for you in the early morning. A treat that is the photographer's equivalent of a "mananero".
Fresh bread and homemade papaya, strawberry, raspberry, and some other berry jam and coffee that is sadly a notch below that of La Esperanza but it does in a pinch.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #10380
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Well, what the heck, Craneguy, if you are going out to check on the tolls, ride over to Cordoba Saturday with Doug, and then meet the Mystery Rider and I for breakfast early AM on Sunday in the Portales in Cordoba, and then you guys can head back from the Puebla portion we'll be riding. Should be fun. El Pico awaits and she'll be lifting her skirt for you in the early morning. A treat that is the photographer's equivalent of a "mananero".
Fresh bread and homemade papaya, strawberry, raspberry, and some other berry jam and coffee that is sadly a notch below that of La Esperanza but it does in a pinch.

that's what you tell all the boys