Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #10636
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Bato is seating at rehab in Hunt Tx la hacienda for Hydrocodon and other manor altrering substances doctors said that there were 5 fractures on ribs and it will take 3 more months to reallyheal also the first toe on right foot now they got me in calcium
Un saludos pa todos aki batos will see y'll later
La Hacienda is an excellent facility. I hope you succeed in your endeavors there. Saludos, Jim
PAPA
SJTR
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #10637
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,124
Quote:
Bato is seating at rehab in Hunt Tx la hacienda for Hydrocodon and other manor altrering substances doctors said that there were 5 fractures on ribs and it will take 3 more months to reallyheal also the first toe on right foot now they got me in calcium
Adelante, Amigo!!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #10638
going south
hero & Zero...

Oddometer: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
The only big stick they use is to not let you bring another vehicle in if you dont bring the last one out. Breathe!
How big of a stick??? my bike lives down here year round, I get one year extensions on my TVIP with my FM3 and now I'm getting ready to bring down bike # 2 or jeep... am I dreaming???

Never Lost! Just Don't know where I am!

"Don't worry about your money, let your money worry about you" Jorge González
going south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #10639
SKINNY
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by going south View Post
How big of a stick??? my bike lives down here year round, I get one year extensions on my TVIP with my FM3 and now I'm getting ready to bring down bike # 2 or jeep... am I dreaming???
You're only allowed 1 open permit per person. If you bring multiple vehicles into Mexico, each one has to have a different name on the permit...wife, son, daughter, etc. This was explained in detail to me by Banjercito last spring when I tried to bring my KTM 690 along with my truck.
SKINNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #10640
McFoil
Filthy Pig

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
McFoil: I just had an Arizona Zinfandel, Cellar Dwellers '09 Tarantula Hawk, surprisingly good, and in Williams AZ in a little Italian style place that used to be a Texaco station. Caprese and arugala in Williams, AZ... go figure... tomorrow the owners of the cheap motel where I am staying will be serving me Indian chai with warm milk... the times they are a changin'. I had some very good Malbec in Mendoza... white burgundies not in my budget.
Lots of surprising wines coming from the oddest places recently. I like to try the local grapes when I travel. Most of the time it is disappointing, but affordable. When these boutique vineyards do produce a barrel of good wine there is little chance the public gets a taste of it. As far as Malbec, French for bad mouth, I compare it to a KLR. I should like it. It does everything I want it to do. Affordable. Not too harsh on the eyes. I try and try, but just don't get it. I want to try more mexican wines (mostly baja) but they end up being mexicant instead of mexican. Much more vino talk on this thread is going to get us flamed. Lots as Tejas Trash on here that want everything carbonated or 100 proof.
McFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #10641
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoil View Post
Lots as Tejas Trash on here that want everything carbonated or 100 proof.
Very

So here we go with the Red River Shootout tailgate crowd banter
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #10642
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Yes, I believe that you are dreaming if you want to have two different TVIPs, both in your name.
TVIP regalo, muy sencillo: one plated/road intended vehicle per human at any given time. Other machinery can be "tied" to the TVIP and brought into Mexico with TVIP'd vehicle, but that conveyance cannot be used "on road".
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #10643
SKINNY
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by [FONT=Arial
With respect to Skinnys comments about the MC in the truck. There is some controversy about whether you can bring a bike down in the back of a truck or not. I believe that the intention of the law is to let recreational vehicles like Jet skis, ATVs, boats, dirt bikes, etc. into Mexico and tie them to the vehicle that is carrying them. Under this concept it will be easier to bring in a dirt bike than a larger DS bike or a street bike. [/FONT]
When I reminded Banjercito that the motorcycle folks had been hauling them on trailers and in trucks forever, they replied that while that may be, it was none the less, illegal.

Ojinaga has added a drive-thru to cancel your permit and they are very thorough about the paper work...

I think that the border officials are getting more aware of the real rules, and I fully expect some unlucky gringos to get busted...

On a similar subject, I had to go to OJinaga in September to cancel a TVIP that was about to expire, which went without problems, but I was asked for the TVIP as soon as I pulled into the Aduana station....
This is the first time I've ever been ask for it at the border...
This concerns me because we frequently ride on the Mexican side without permits...
We are within the border area that has never required permits...

SKINNY screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 08:54 AM
SKINNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #10644
going south
hero & Zero...

Oddometer: 1,012
I kind of figured that was the answer I was to receive about the TVIP, I was hoping that one of you fellas that are smarter than me had some kind of magic wand...

Thanks.

SR, I will return to Maz in 10 days 6 hours, 17 minutes... & yes I have a countdown clock running...

Never Lost! Just Don't know where I am!

"Don't worry about your money, let your money worry about you" Jorge González
going south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #10645
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:

Buena suerte Bato. I'm still mending from my crash in July, so I know how discouraging it can get to be at times. Hang in there!
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #10646
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Thanks for y'lls support
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #10647
AK Smitty
Self life coach

Oddometer: 318
Its all good it was venting/ranting for therapeutic reasons. If you read my post to the end of my post and I am realistic about the whole thing. It is what it is. Out of my circle of control... I can keep going with cliches.

I may be able to adjust my schedule to get 4 days of riding before my TVIP expires. It will be a push but doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Breathe! If you are only in your thirties you have years to make and correct mistakes. Breathe!
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #10648
AK Smitty
Self life coach

Oddometer: 318
PV to Guat

Input on fastest route and where to get my papers processed.

I may be able to adjust things so I land in PV on Nov 25. TVIP expires 29. Flight lands in the late afternoon so no riding that day. 4 days to the souther border...doable?

Looking for route suggestions and border crossing options. Are any of them 24 hours in the south?

Thanks
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #10649
operaflute
Starving Artist

Oddometer: 137
If ONE MORE PERSON tells me to join advrider.... well, I guess I'll join advrider.
So. Hullo, all!
Tossing around the idea of riding from Tucson to Cabo for holiday break (on either the Yamaha or Kawi - I'd leave the Ducati at home). By my female self. I'm comfortable touring by myself, camping by myself, and speak a bit of Spanish, but have yet to delve into Mexico.
Plain dumb?
Adventurous as long as I'm "careful?"
Thoughts, please, while I wade through the 700+ pages of this thread.
operaflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #10650
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaflute View Post
If ONE MORE PERSON tells me to join advrider.... well, I guess I'll join advrider.
So. Hullo, all!
Tossing around the idea of riding from Tucson to Cabo for holiday break (on either the Yamaha or Kawi - I'd leave the Ducati at home). By my female self. I'm comfortable touring by myself, camping by myself, and speak a bit of Spanish, but have yet to delve into Mexico.
Plain dumb?
Adventurous as long as I'm "careful?"
Thoughts, please, while I wade through the 700+ pages of this thread.
Why haven't you left yet?

700 pages summarized in 1 sentence: Watch out for topes (speed bumps), avoid the open road after dark, be prepared to pay the odd "fine" and steer clear of me or the "Mystery Rider" if we're carrying stepladders.

Welcome to the forum and hopefully we'll see your ride report soon!