Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobukan View Post

You guys are seriously funny -

Funny?
Funny?
Like we amuse you?
Like we are some kinds of clowns or something?

Kobukan:...you're really funny. You're really funny.

Is Mexico Safe Thread: What do you mean we are funny?

Kobukan: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're funny guys.
[laughs]

Is Mexico Safe Thread: What do you mean, you mean the way we talk? What?

Kobukan: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Is Mexico Safe Thread: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

Schizz: C'mon guys, no, You got it all wrong.

Is Mexico Safe Thread: Oh, no, Schizz. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Kobukan: Jus...

Is Mexico Safe Thread: What?

Kobukan: Just funny!Is Mexico Safe Thread: You mean, let us understand this cause, ya know maybe it's us, we're a little messed up maybe, but we are funny how, mean funny like we are clowns, we amuse you? We make you laugh, we are here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How are we funny?

Kobukan: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Is Mexico Safe Thread: No, no, we don't know, you said it. How do we know? You said we are funny. How are we funny, what the hell is so funny about us? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Damn, that was one good sequence from a fine movie, I couldn't resist, sorry Kobukan!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #10667
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,082
The Writer's Guild of Burbank misses you
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #10668
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,387
Yep. A great movie scene. Well played, MM.

Kobukan, folks here love it when someone "gets it" and invests the time to edumucate themselves about riding Down South. Don't be shy about questions and I hope you toss a pic or two our way when you get down there. Buena suerte.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul

SchizzMan screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 07:40 AM
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #10669
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 802
MikeMike, If you did that from memory I'm impressed and also a little frightened.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #10670
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street

Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Is it lost on the "noobs", and I am kind of a "noob", that the Banjercito is the bank of the Mexican Military! Get a grip ladies. These guys do not f*** around. Evidently petty immigration officials also wield a certain measure of independent power. If they don't like you face they are not going to let you stay in their country for 180 days. Just slow the hell down and smile. We do things differently here in the lower 48 than they do in Alaska. SP never got that and we gave her a good spankin'. Further south in NA they do things a lot differently. Get used to it and drop the attitude. DWJ Donnie is a shining example of how to get along with our neighbors... read his stuff and look at his pix. If you are going to Mex only because you want to get f***ed that is exactly what you will get. You can stand on the deck of an aircraft carrier (or the AIDS ward) with a smug look and your mission accomplished banner. We arrogant nortenos will never unravel Mexico... it had an advanced civilization before we "white" guys got here/there. Spend more time reading and less time bleeding.
The worlds second worst crime is boredom. The first is being a bore.

RIde Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=Rolling+jick
Jick Magger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #10671
TRAVELGUY
Old Traveler

Oddometer: 557
Ferry Schedule

Tricepilot was kind to post the link to the ferry schedule a few days ago not knowing that it has a serve
Malware attacked.

My buddies virus program caught it before causing him problems. Unfortunately mine didn't. Anyway now have my computer back from the shop. It is one bad virus.

I was able to get the information I needed so may have been worth the problems.

Thanks for your help Tricepilot but just warning others of the link.

TravelGuy
DR650 '07
TRAVELGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #10672
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,918
TC, most of it was, but the Schizz part I had to cheat on LOL!

The virus on the ferry schedule reminds me of the ones that were on the bus schedules a few years back.

New training has begun for Antonio's replacement at the Rivoli. Schizz, that rye and Gran
Marnier recipe was driving me nuts. The new bartender will be using the traditional recipe for a "Boulevard" that has dry vermouth, as well, I finally tracked it down. Yes, your version will remain as the "JD" y es para machos.
First one is on me, guaranteed. We'll let the"guero from San Angelo" handle the wine end of things, he's more cultured and besides, if he messes up, Bob Loblaw will take him out to the woodshed and we are off the hook.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #10673
Tucos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Just got back from a 7 day trip to copper canyon and vicinity. All was well and zero sketchy people found. The road from creel to batopilas is being paved, (as many know) and impassable at some cliffs with rock slide.
Tucos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #10674
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Funny?
Funny?
Like we amuse you?
Like we are some kinds of clowns or something?

Kobukan:...you're really funny. You're really funny.

Is Mexico Safe Thread: What do you mean we are funny?

Kobukan: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're funny guys.
[laughs]

Is Mexico Safe Thread: What do you mean, you mean the way we talk? What?

Kobukan: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Is Mexico Safe Thread: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

Schizz: C'mon guys, no, You got it all wrong.

Is Mexico Safe Thread: Oh, no, Schizz. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Kobukan: Jus...

Is Mexico Safe Thread: What?

Kobukan: Just funny!Is Mexico Safe Thread: You mean, let us understand this cause, ya know maybe it's us, we're a little messed up maybe, but we are funny how, mean funny like we are clowns, we amuse you? We make you laugh, we are here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How are we funny?

Kobukan: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Is Mexico Safe Thread: No, no, we don't know, you said it. How do we know? You said we are funny. How are we funny, what the hell is so funny about us? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Damn, that was one good sequence from a fine movie, I couldn't resist, sorry Kobukan!
I think you need to cut back on the mushrooms
Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #10675
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
MikeMike, If you did that from memory I'm impressed and also a little frightened.
+1 Good one MM
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #10676
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by operaflute View Post
If ONE MORE PERSON tells me to join advrider.... well, I guess I'll join advrider.
So. Hullo, all!
Tossing around the idea of riding from Tucson to Cabo for holiday break (on either the Yamaha or Kawi - I'd leave the Ducati at home). By my female self. I'm comfortable touring by myself, camping by myself, and speak a bit of Spanish, but have yet to delve into Mexico.
Plain dumb?
Adventurous as long as I'm "careful?"
Thoughts, please, while I wade through the 700+ pages of this thread.
Not dumb. While I'm not a female, and being 6'2", 225 lbs, my experiences will undoubtedly be a bit skewed from the ones you'll likely have, but probably not any less fun and/or profound. I would add to what others have written, by advising you not to ride after dusk. Livestock on the highway is a fact of life in Mexico, so heads-up for that around that next bend. If you like to drink, I'd finish the night within a short walk to your hotel or in your hotel room. I've had friends get rolled when they stayed out till 2AM drinking, and were easy marks for robber/muggers. Personally, I prefer to ride into el centro of most towns, (Mexico City I avoid on a moto altogether due to traffic, and restrictions on some roads). Doing so allows you to explore what is usually the most scenic section of town on foot. I always find a place with secure parking, and many hotels will allow you to bring your bike into the lobby overnight. Baja is very different than the mainland. You'll find people who speak English fluently just about everywhere. Check out Scott's El Candil and Danny's fish tacos in Mulege. If you want to stop in Sta. Rosalia, I can recommend the Hotel Morro just south of town. If you're heading down the highway make sure you gas up often. There was one stretch above Guerrero Negro, where the gas pumps were being repaired in Catavina and were it not for the local gasolineros at the turn-off to Bahia de Los Angeles, I would likely have spent a cold night out in the altiplano. Have a great trip.
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #10677
operaflute
Starving Artist

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeycreek View Post
Check Hewby's RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825139

She is riding solo. Should give you some insight. Baja is quite safe with friendly people.

Have a great ride and be sure to let us know
Thanks - will dig into this thread tonight!

Quote:
I would add to what others have written, by advising you not to ride after dusk.
No danger there. I have this maddening thing with my vision - I absolutely positively can not ride at night no matter what. Would definitely sleep by the side of the road before doing so. I'm using to leaving lots of room for error on this point.

Quote:
If you're heading down the highway make sure you gas up often.
Yeah, I may have to think about range issues/find a way to carry. Not up for putting new tanks on the Yamaha at this point in time, although I'm sure the day is coming.

And MANY thanks for the dining tips. That will be my next question, should I decide to do this. Need good intel for my "Eating on Two Wheels" blog!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #10678
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
way off topic

So Bato went ahead and with part of the check from insurance Mexico adventure got him self a 2007 R1150R (only Pav)
its sweet 7k mi on the clock and brand new Michellin pilots it appears that she wants to be taken to Mexico so I'll may be joining the Christian Riders if they take me .
The bones are doing well now he can sleep on his sides
Saludos

Thanks to AndyC for stoping by the gate and bringing those delicious very picosos peanuts

Bato screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 05:18 PM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #10679
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
TC, most of it was, but the Schizz part I had to cheat on LOL!

The virus on the ferry schedule reminds me of the ones that were on the bus schedules a few years back.

New training has begun for Antonio's replacement at the Rivoli. Schizz, that rye and Gran
Marnier recipe was driving me nuts. The new bartender will be using the traditional recipe for a "Boulevard" that has dry vermouth, as well, I finally tracked it down. Yes, your version will remain as the "JD" y es para machos.
First one is on me, guaranteed. We'll let the"guero from San Angelo" handle the wine end of things, he's more cultured and besides, if he messes up, Bob Loblaw will take him out to the woodshed and we are off the hook.
Wood shed behind the Rivoli. Recognize anyone

Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #10680
Habibi Rocks
Banned

Oddometer: 58
quick distraction

Habibi Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote