Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908

Mucho cajuama not Carta Blanca but Fanta
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #11792
airdale7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
I've had my KLR to 85 a few times, 90 one time. That's as crazy as I get!

There again, the speedometer does have a 120mph mark

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #11793
operaflute
Starving Artist

Oddometer: 137
Another question on this topic.
Going to Baja next week. Will get tourist card (FMM) but no TVIP needed for Baja. Planning on getting FMM for max 180 because...
I'll likely be touring the country in May. Possibly on a different bike. And will then need a TVIP.
So, having my FMM and TVIP issued on different days - a problem? And I will be entering the country the second time on prior FMM but bringing in previously unrecorded motorcycle.
Make sense? A problem?

Quote:
Her is how it works....
When you leave Mexico for an " interruption" back in the USA you DO NOT go to the trouble of getting yourself checked out of Mexico. That is so easy to do, you simply do not go in at the Migracion office to get a Salida stamp in your passport which would require that you also cancel your Tourist Card.
As I explained earlier , when you leave Mexico at the US border the Migracion and Banjercito workers do not come running out of their office to tackle the gringo heading north to take away his documents, nor do they take your temperature and check your diaper ( that is done by US customs when you enter the Homeland ...) . At the Mexican inland Aduana terminals they only check inbound tourist traffic documentation, You are free to cross back and forth between the Zona Fronteriza and the interior as often as you wish while retaining your documents..
When you cross the border to the USA in this manner you are technically still registered as being IN Mexico , legally until the last day of validity of your Tourist Card and TVIP.
When you return to continue your stay in Mexico you are all set up with the documentation. Nobody at the border will flinch if in the cursory random inspection you hold up your current and valid documents. .
Likewise when you get to the inland Migracion checkpoint your documents will be accepted without a problem. .
The only time when you will get yourself into trouble is if you do not cancel the documents before going to the USA and then fail to return at least to the Mexican border terminal with the very same bike BEFORE the expiry date of said documents. That means if you show up with expired documents and you ask that they be cancelled you are exceding the permitted stay period . You will possibly face a fine. You will definitely NOT get your Security Deposit back .
Comprendo ?
This is the detailed background and explains what Kobukan was correctly told . It was also explained in this way to me by the Mexican Migracion worker this past April as I was cancelling my Tourist Card document in order to cross into Belize at Subte Lpoez QRO where cancellation IS mandatory for the Tourist Card but NOT the TVIP.
This also shows that the TVIP is considered to be a multiple entry document , so why would the Tourist Card for the sqme person be any different ? Such variation is illogical. but is applied at te Central American border end of Mexico, not at the USA side.
If the Migracion workers at the USA side of Mexico are going to raise an issue about it the simple way to avoid that is to clam up about your
travels. No need to get chatty and explain that you have been bouncing back and forth between the two countries - just say you had an excelent 6 month stay in Mexico and you forgot where all you have been, so dazzled by the experience are you. .
Old 12-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #11794
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,519
I just washed my passport, TVIP, tourist visa and receipt on gentle cycle, no spin.
PAPA
SJTR
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #11795
jimmex
Guero con moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by operaflute View Post
Another question on this topic.
Going to Baja next week. Will get tourist card (FMM) but no TVIP needed for Baja. Planning on getting FMM for max 180 because...
I'll likely be touring the country in May. Possibly on a different bike. And will then need a TVIP.
So, having my FMM and TVIP issued on different days - a problem? And I will be entering the country the second time on prior FMM but bringing in previously unrecorded motorcycle.
Make sense? A problem?
No problem; just make sure you have original title or registration (no copies); your TVIP will be co-extensive with your tourist visa.
PAPA
SJTR
Old 12-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #11796
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Does anybody here knows why the front tire wiggles was coming to Acuna today and the KLR does it at about 80mph the F650 did it too at 100mph s some one told me to put more air on the tire but still does it
Seriously ....
I'm not particulary mechanically inclined but it could be front/rear wheel alignment, perhaps one is tilted off a straight plane. I've never checked mine. There are gizmos for doing it, LINK to how one person does it. Another thing to check is steering head bearings.

But, I suspect it's just the nature of KLRs, they are not made to function optimally at speed which is really not very high, speedometers are about 10% optimistic.

Happy Holidays Everyone !!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #11797
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Mucha cerveza Xmas tree

FELIZ NAVIDAD
Old 12-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #11798
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
No problem; just make sure you have original title or registration (no copies); your TVIP will be co-extensive with your tourist visa.

Co-extensive ?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #11799
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,561
^^^ that cervesa tree...

....should also be posted in the "only in Mexico thread".
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #11800
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Co-extensive ?
Co-occurring??

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #11801
jimmex
Guero con moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Co-extensive ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Co-occurring??
Yeah, co-extensive, man.
PAPA
SJTR
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #11802
airdale7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
I've had my KLR to 85 a few times, 90 one time. That's as crazy as I get!

There again, the speedometer does have a 120mph mark
I'm anticipating the "100+" thread. Get that moto up to 100 and snap a photo of the speedometer and tach.

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #11803
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Visa topic

Ooops back to topic have never pay attention to the visa issue being dual citizen and dual sport I think the difference is that if I enter as a gringo(U.S.Citizen) I get like multiple entrees(Entradas multiples) during 6 months that the permit last vs. if I do it as a Mexican citizen with residency in the U.S.
I get 6 months out of the year and I can stop the days counting every time I leave Mexico, or something like that don't think they care or keep record of the little paper that they give you (Immigration) always have throw them away and every time Im getting a permit ask for another one
Old 12-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #11804
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
yeah, co-extensive, man.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #11805
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundobravo View Post
no worries , I like it ... I'm taking ideas for a new video title for the Barranca del Cobre adventure ... Driven IN ?? Driven into the Dirt ? work with me here ..lol . Mundo Unchained ?
Driven under? Driven aground? Driven abajo? Driven: Tour narco-terrorista? :)
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote