tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #12047
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
a mi me gustan dos pechos caminando
Se llamen "senos", a veces los pechos son peludos! Cuidado mijo!

Leaving at 6am or so for Cordoba and meet up with Lance and his buds, and maybe wake up Bato and Andy on our way through Huatusco. Early morning, darkness and then seeing the sun rise in the rear view mirrors is always a well of inspiration from which one should drink deeply.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #12048
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Estimado Bato, donde estas? "Pernoctando" en Cerro Azul, todavia?
I am probably going to head over towards Cordoba Wednesday, January 9th very early AM to meet up with a rider from Cuernavaca and two of his pals. Looks like we'll be having breakfast in the zocalo in Cordoba, I should arrive around 8am or maybe a touch earlier. Next, looks like the plan will be to ride up towards Coscomatepec and Huatusco and then on to Totola and down through the canyon to Jalcomulco and to Veracruz via the libre. This is a flexible plan that relies on the trio reaching Cordoba or some place close, later today.
If you make Huatusco, we can pick you up on the way. If you don't, let me know where you'll be and depending on the weather, Friday might be a possibility along with Saturday and/or Sunday.
Update me if you can.
Cordoba, Orizaba, Xalapa, Perote etc... are all on my early morning routes, I usually leave around 6:30am or earlier.

And for Sr. Lance, look forward to hearing from you tonight.
Yeap from one of the most beautiful Spanish verbs PERNOCTO (el avion pernocto en el hangar) Would love to have breakfast with you today I'm ready can you come by to Huatusco on your way there ??? at what time wish i can be in Xalapa around 1pm if thas fine let me know pm me your cell swear i wont put it on a pemex bathroom
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #12049
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
Bato, when do you sleep? LOL!
I'll be leaving in about a half an hour for Cordoba but I am going on the cuota.
The place is easy to find. From Huatusco head to Fortin and then into Cordoba.
It is right across from zocalo on the "north" more or less, side.
Avenida 1 and Calle 3. You'll have to approach it via another avenue as Avenida 1 is one way direction
opposite to your approach from Fortin.
I will PM you the phone.
We'll be having breakfast around 8am or so. The other option is for you to go back to bed and then
we can call you when we are leaving Cordoba and you can meet us in the parking lot at Los Cocuyos, that
is the hotel and restaurant on the road from Huatusco towards Xalapa just past the turn off for Manuel Gonzalez.
It is easy to find. The parking lot is below the hotel and restaurant, it is on the lower level of the hill.
I will call you when I get a table in los portales in the zocalo in Cordoba and I am sitting down with a nice cup of coffee.
Think about riding in for breakfast with us, it is an easy ride, some nice curves, too.
Saludos and check your PM.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #12050
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Yeap from one of the most beautiful Spanish verbs PERNOCTO (el avion pernocto en el hangar) Would love to have breakfast with you today I'm ready can you come by to Huatusco on your way there ??? at what time wish i can be in Xalapa around 1pm if thas fine let me know pm me your cell swear i wont put it on a pemex bathroom
Oops hadn't seen your pm what ever is good for you Im in Huatusco ready to roll
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #12051
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Where the Hollywood playbigboys are? just jelous.. mis respetos
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #12052
Bato
Studly Adventurer

no pernoctéis with out your own pillow . Ok going back to bed will see you at 10ish at los Cocuyos
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #12053
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Oklahoma Adventure Trail

Are there any bells in that poop?

find out at www.twowheelsthreeamericas.com

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #12054
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,202

Here we have Schizzman up ahead on Mil Cumbres
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #12055
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Pay Pal

You guys are too much. I have a PayPal account but have only used it to pay for things. I will look into this. I know that Sara would be deeply touched and you guys know how people live here. I gotta get to class now and will check this out when I get back.

Mark883: Duh, I thought you were joking about the pay pal thing. I had no idea that you could do this. Guess I have been living in a small town in the mountains for too long.

Thanks to all!

rockymountainoyster screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 05:58 AM Reason: add
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #12056
WoIf
Traveler

Oddometer: 6
Question Anyone crossing into Mexico soon?

This thread has been more than helpful. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.

I am crossing into Mexico at Nogales on January 14th. Riding a modified CB 919. Route will be staying near the westward and southern coastline through Mexico. Riding to Nicaragua to work with an orphanage (Medical Missions) for a year before continuing on to live in Agentina. I won't have a phone till I am in Mexico. My only current communication is http://www.facebook.com/iJamesLopez

I was wanting to make some contacts of anyone who will be riding through there or living there around that time. (Riding buddy or just a place to set up camp) Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
WoIf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #12057
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,568
RMO-

If you don't have a way to wire / send the money out of pp while you're down there, I could also run the collection point, then send the money from here via walmart or westernunion. Or we could just PP you money, and you pull money from your cash reserves.

Let us know. You can contact me by PM to discuss the different methods.

EDIT: There appear to be several moneygram locations in SMA, in the Centro area, not far from the jardin and big church. There appears to be no easy way to 'cash out' from paypal directly to a money sending service.

mark883 screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 07:08 AM
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #12058
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoIf View Post
This thread has been more than helpful. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences.

I am crossing into Mexico at Nogales on January 14th. Riding a modified CB 919. Route will be staying near the westward and southern coastline through Mexico. Riding to Nicaragua to work with an orphanage (Medical Missions) for a year before continuing on to live in Agentina. I won't have a phone till I am in Mexico. My only current communication is http://www.facebook.com/iJamesLopez

I was wanting to make some contacts of anyone who will be riding through there or living there around that time. (Riding buddy or just a place to set up camp) Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Way to go! Have fun and buena suerte - Nicaragua is beautiful.
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #12059
tft
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83

Thanks for the info
It will be sometime in 2014. I have started looking into the gap crossing and it looks like it will be interesting to say the least. I have had concers about Guatemala among other things. I want to experience Mexico but obviously I will have to move quickly. I was hoping to find a route that would be beautiful and allow me to experience the culture but could also get me through at a reasonable speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Plenty of route planning info on this thread and on the route planning thread.

Simple answer:
Go to AAA.
Get Mexico Map.
Choose highway.
Head south.
Plan for the unplannned.
Don't carry US expectations about how far you will go on a given day with you.
Enjoy.

Don't know when you are planning on leaving but it is a bit late to plan for South America now. It will be getting towards fall/winter by the time you get there. Snows down there. In making these plans there is always the daunting task of how you are going to deal with the Darien Gap. Have you gotten that far yet? Fairly serious obstacle... but before that there is Central America... esp. Guatemala. If you are concerned about safety in Mexico you need to talk to a few Mexicans about safety in Guatemala. As far as planning route through Mexico after you get your AAA map and while you are waiting for your Guia Roji to arrive in the mail look at cities on the AAA map and use the thread search tool here and you will come up with comments about those places. Search radioman's thread for Mexico place names. This website is a very rich resource. Get yourself a Rough Guide to Mexico although the free AAA guide will give you plenty of good information.

At risk of jeers from the peanut gallery I have to tell you that I was more than a bit afraid before I took off on this adventure in Mexico, and I had been here before. The scariest thing you will do on a day to day basis is to get on the motorcycle. No shit! There is no one way to peel this onion. Find things in the travel books that interest you and plan point to point. If you just want to blast your way through there are the cuotas, toll roads, and you will go fast, dole out a lot of pesos and see a lot of Mexican tandem rigs... you won't see or experience Mexico... the cuotas are mostly good roads, you can do 80 or nintety or 100, all day and then pull into the outskirts of a moderately sized Mexican city and stay at a Euro style hotel, eat at the nearby Burger King, drink a fucking Corona, and say you have traveled in Mexico... absolutely true.... but you will never have been to Mexico.
tft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #12060
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Reasonable

tft: totally possible but I don't think that "reasonable" is a word that could be reasonably used on this thread. These guys tend to go for the gusto... !