Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #12121
TRAVELGUY
Old Traveler

Oddometer: 589
Copper Canyon area 2 days ago. Photo taken in San Juanito. Road too icey to go on to Creel. Hey it's a ADVENTURE!

TravelGuy

DR650 '07
TRAVELGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #12122
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Nice vid Bato! MikeMike, you're so civilized over there in VER with all of your nice concrete pavement.
Saludos SR
got that little camera that has a 30 page manual I'm going to read it when I retire...The concrete was poor by the MUNICIPIO DE HUATUSCO on Bato's request March is for Dgo
will do the same at EL SALTO once we finish here

Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #12123
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Wow thats so pretty tenacatitaHow far away is that from Puerto vallarta? Ive been to Pv 2 times wish I had had a bike at the time when I was down there to explore.Whos gonna develop the coast lines there as you were saying,the mexican government,the drug lourdes,Multi national companies that have to ruin everything w so called progress? When I 1st went to pv w friend in 07 we walked about 10 miles from in town to the Nuevo vallarta back towards the airport.I saw n Starbucks,home depot walmarts etc and friend was telling me years ago it was all mom and pop stuff and these stupid companies put alot of homegrown stuff out of business.All I could say was jesus christ for gawds sakes can I go anywhere there isnt a freaking starbucks or this other ilk.Isnt this one of the reasons we go on vacations to not only clear our heads but to spend time w friends and loved ones w out all the bs and glam. starbucks=.5 bucks for toilet water what a sham.I hope I can someday retire to a resort like that or get some kind of bungalow by the beach.NJs beach houses are 500.000 dollars to way into the millions like mc hammer says cant touch this.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #12124
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,291
You look great Bato.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #12125
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,302
Sayulita

Melaque to Sayulita: 10 Stars

The scene here...well, just look at these proof-pics

**sigh**
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #12126
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
ID, like a passport? vehicle search, then they let you through the gate? I'll be in the area in mid February and would sure like to visit
We were four in a car. All of us exited the vehicle at the checkpoint while it was searched. My cousin showed her DL. That's it.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #12127
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Tenacatita is roughly two hours south from Pto. Vallarta. No one knows who will win the battle over this beach but a major resort with full amenities is being planned. So get down there and see it before its gone. Take snorkeling gear. Don't take any alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Wow thats so pretty tenacatitaHow far away is that from Puerto vallarta? Ive been to Pv 2 times wish I had had a bike at the time when I was down there to explore.Whos gonna develop the coast lines there as you were saying,the mexican government,the drug lourdes,Multi national companies that have to ruin everything w so called progress? When I 1st went to pv w friend in 07 we walked about 10 miles from in town to the Nuevo vallarta back towards the airport.I saw n Starbucks,home depot walmarts etc and friend was telling me years ago it was all mom and pop stuff and these stupid companies put alot of homegrown stuff out of business.All I could say was jesus christ for gawds sakes can I go anywhere there isnt a freaking starbucks or this other ilk.Isnt this one of the reasons we go on vacations to not only clear our heads but to spend time w friends and loved ones w out all the bs and glam. starbucks=.5 bucks for toilet water what a sham.I hope I can someday retire to a resort like that or get some kind of bungalow by the beach.NJs beach houses are 500.000 dollars to way into the millions like mc hammer says cant touch this.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #12128
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

aquí y ahora
Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #12129
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Breakfast in Melaque then more reef snorkeling followed by NFL playoff games.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #12130
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Fun hobby: getting lookers to model for the camera

This episode here took about three minutes of the usual shtick, then bam, paparazzi time
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #12131
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Lunch, swimming and frisbee with local kids on the beach at Cuestacomates.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #12132
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Lost

Well I got plenty lost on the way to Tualancingo last night. Ended up having my first experience with a motel. Muy interesante. I have not had email for awhile now. Dona Sara was ecstatic. More later.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #12133
lightcycle
Nomad

Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
I just read in a RR that because both of our bikes are titled in my name, Mrs. Trip will not be able to get a vehicle permit to ride in Mexico. Is this correct? We just never bothered to change it because of the bureaucratic hellhole that is the RI DMV. It will take a while to get a new title...its gonna kill my trip
Say it ain't so, Joe!
My wife and I are travelling through Mexico at the moment with two motorcycles, both registered under my name. We obtained two separate TVIPs at Pichilingue by showing a copy of our marriage certificate (not even the original). As long as all the names match, you will have no problem.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #12134
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
pernoctando

I'm staying at the best hotel in town ...SOTOLAMARINA

Thank you MIKEMIKE
tell Rafiel that he did a great job.,on the 1200 with the new suspension
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #12135
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,053
Hey Bato and Andy, great to hear you made it to Soto La Marina as planned. I will pass along your regards to Raphael Lago at his shop Motopits.
Had a great ride up through the mountains with DCStorm on his Yamaha. Great fun, we found a stretch of road that maybe Andres and Arte will identify for you ha, ha. I will try to post a picture later of the waterfall with the goats. Long day, we got back around 4pm.
It was a pleasure to ride with you and Andy, give him my regards and Manolo too, over in Huatusco.
Come back soon and I'll show you the road we found today. It connects two of the sierras, I had to try it as the paving was finished and then we found the middle part paved with concrete and we got pretty far on it.
Ride safe tomorrow, watch out for that cold front moving in.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote