Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #12166
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Good one Bato!

SR, I know what you are going through.

I think I' ll get some Gucci decal paper and apply it to some panniers and keep the evil Suburbans and Escalades from attacking!
This is what we need Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
On the top or the hood ?
On a higher political position
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #12167
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Rebel, I moved here to live at the age of 33.
My wife is from here so that gave me a head start. Taking the plunge means you say goodbye to some things and hola to some other things. I learned Spanish without going to school, found work, and started living. It can be done, but you have to really want it and be willing to work without a net. It feels good, beats working like a madman and then finding a retirement littered with health issues, etc...

I don' t think anyone ever regretted what they did in life, I think people regret what they never did.

Someone once said something to the effect that, "Life is a theatrical play with no rehearsal, so laugh, cry, sing, and dance every day like it will be your last, because when the curtain finally falls, there will not be any applause, only regrets".

So let the good times roll.
Cool Bio, Mike.

Not many can do, or will do, what you did. Thanks for your expedition reports and wisdom.

The rest of us read up and get our crazy little expeditions in when we can. Then back to the gerbil wheel!
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #12168
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post

Love this shot.

Very busy coffee house in Sayulita, Café El Expresso. Excellent joint.

Miguelito and I meet there for caffeine and B-fast before today's ride.

Somehow I get the entire busy staff to pose for this shot.

To me, priceless.

I want to go to Sayulita didn't even know that that place existed
Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #12169
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
Nicholasdeeg

Copper canyon...January...snow tires? did not get down to Batopilas in early Dec due to road const. Look back a few pages and you will see the snow pix...some of the IMS vets are riding the SW coast not CC. Where are you starting your trip?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #12170
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Coffee In Sayulita

Ain't that place great? And the flower pattern they put on top of the foam! Wish I was with you guys. I concur with your edit of Rebel Yell... He has drunk the cool aid for damn sure. Went to a great party today with the Mex City BMW owners club. Great bunch of guys. Where next?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #12171
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Rebel, I moved here to live at the age of 33.
My wife is from here so that gave me a head start. Taking the plunge means you say goodbye to some things and hola to some other things. I learned Spanish without going to school, found work, and started living. It can be done, but you have to really want it and be willing to work without a net. It feels good, beats working like a madman and then finding a retirement littered with health issues, etc...

I don' t think anyone ever regretted what they did in life, I think people regret what they never did.

Someone once said something to the effect that, "Life is a theatrical play with no rehearsal, so laugh, cry, sing, and dance every day like it will be your last, because when the curtain finally falls, there will not be any applause, only regrets".

So let the good times roll.
Well said Mike and a its great input for the 38 year old(Rebel) who posted here and is trying to figure out where he's at. Belonging to an immigrant family I understand the challenges you take on when moving countries. Take a leap of faith, immigrate and see what life holds for you. I'm glad it has worked for you and you take the time to respond with real world insight.

RIde Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=Rolling+jick
Jick Magger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #12172
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Fiber

More fiber mark as in fresh pineapple, mango, papaya served up in a big cup from a friendly smiling street vendor.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #12173
oldtrout
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Tenacatita....

What a beautiful spot. Have visited many times, and in better times.

Muy Hermana and BOL have a place in La Manzanilla, so we always paid a visit on our beach day when on vacation. Lots of locals & middle class folks taking in the amenities. Great little restaurants and chachki sellers abounded. Happy place.

Story has it that some big-wig with federal connections just went in and bulldozed the entire community, and kicked all the locals out. This included some Americanos that, according to law had full title (they had properties up around the bend north about if memory serves.)

Lawsuits have been filed, and a fight is continuing. The whole land ownership situation in Mexico is in flux, and the Tenacatita fiasco (?) is on the radar. I just hope those locals can get their little bit of paradise back.

The Blue Bay resort could use some TLC, so why not rebuild that. Guess that tearing an old place down is more expensive. I don't see any big development starting until the economy improves.

Anyway, my dream is to do the Baja, ferry to Mazatlan and ride down to see my seester in La Manz. After that... well... Inland !

Thanks for this great thread, hand hope to see some of you FF's in person one sunny day.

PS if you see that big macho-man in the guard tower with the G3, give him a big ADV salute for me !

Logan
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #12174
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrout View Post
Tenacatita....

What a beautiful spot. Have visited many times, and in better times.

Muy Hermana and BOL have a place in La Manzanilla, so we always paid a visit on our beach day when on vacation. Lots of locals & middle class folks taking in the amenities. Great little restaurants and chachki sellers abounded. Happy place.

Story has it that some big-wig with federal connections just went in and bulldozed the entire community, and kicked all the locals out. This included some Americanos that, according to law had full title (they had properties up around the bend north about if memory serves.)

Lawsuits have been filed, and a fight is continuing. The whole land ownership situation in Mexico is in flux, and the Tenacatita fiasco (?) is on the radar. I just hope those locals can get their little bit of paradise back.

The Blue Bay resort could use some TLC, so why not rebuild that. Guess that tearing an old place down is more expensive. I don't see any big development starting until the economy improves.

Anyway, my dream is to do the Baja, ferry to Mazatlan and ride down to see my seester in La Manz. After that... well... Inland !

Thanks for this great thread, hand hope to see some of you FF's in person one sunny day.

PS if you see that big macho-man in the guard tower with the G3, give him a big ADV salute for me !

Logan
Ten days from now now that's exactly what I'll be doing, except for the sister part but I could visit your sister.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #12175
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,143
Bastards, the whole lot of you.

I need to stop poking my head in this thread seeing all of you riding around all over the country of my birth while I'm in the U.S. doing nothing but work.

Getting up at 4 am to catch a red eye to Dallas for a business trip.

Wait a minute.... I might have just had an epiphany.

Pasty white boys relaxing in Mexico, riding motorcycles, ogling the senoritas and us Mexicans working in the U.S....what tha....

Oh, and to continue my rant, you guys post entirely too many pictures of tasty food while I head into my 10th month and fourth doctor trying to get my TMD addressed.

Actually, I'm happy for all of you. Travel my friends, travel, and remember that “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” -- James Michener

Those of us that for whatever reason cannot be out riding live vicariously through you. All we ask is that you keep sharing your stories and once in awhile have a drink on our behalf.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #12176
nicholasdeeg
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
Copper canyon...January...snow tires? did not get down to Batopilas in early Dec due to road const. Look back a few pages and you will see the snow pix...some of the IMS vets are riding the SW coast not CC. Where are you starting your trip?
I should cross into Mexico around the 22nd or the 23rd. So you think copper canyon isn't a good choice this time of year? I've never ridden down there so any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks.
nicholasdeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #12177
mark883
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Last day in Melaque. Meeting an Adv couple for coffee in the morning before heading north.

Then a nice evening on the Zocalo in Melaque.

Are those beehives or hornet nests (decorative?) in the tree??
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #12178
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
probably lights
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #12179
Bato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
probably lights
Well there is kiko...Areyou in Texas ? left a message on the phone that you never answer
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #12180
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Well there is kiko...Areyou in Texas ? left a message on the phone that you never answer
estoy en texas, he estado durmiendo con las gallinas en los arboles