Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #13246
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by going south View Post
What are they saying something like 10 hours or less, Mazatlan to Brownsville Texas.... for a driving time???
That route is 727 miles (includes the Espinazo not the pending cuota)

Hotel Playa Mazatlán is right at 800 miles from Casona T.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #13247
patched
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
hey PirateJohn

You seem pretty familiar with the Piedras Negras crossing. Is there any advantages to crossing there instead of Ciudad Acuna as far as early office hours for paperwork? I was going to cross in Acuna just because i can get out of the van and on the bike 55 miles sooner. I found a RV park in Del Rio where i can store the van for $80.00 a month. But nothing set in stone yet. Thanks
patched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #13248
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
If you are talking to me I am not that familiar. This is my second brief visit in 3 years.

Bridge #1 closes at about 10PM. Bridge #2, however, is open 24/7. Something that I didn't realize when I visited a few years ago ;)

I think that Bato crosses there every so often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #13249
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Some guys that use (in the sense of stopping at Aduana and getting a TVIP and/or tourist card) Piedras Negras/Allende and Cd. Acuña a lot are Jimmex, Schizzman, and Bato. At least as far as the cognoscenti in this thread go.

Jimmex runs Acuña quite a lot, but all 3 can talk roads and routing, and Aduana.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #13250
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by going south View Post
It has...

The real-estate on the north end of Mazatlan has already gone through the roof price wise from speculation, and empty lots are hard to find for sale everybody is hanging on to them waiting for the big boom...

What are they saying something like 10 hours or less, Mazatlan to Brownsville Texas.... for a driving time???
Mazatlan is significantly nicer now than it was 10 years ago. Now that the historical Centro is fixed up there is more to it than just the beach. My favorite thing in Maz is the sunset!

Right now a fast vehicle doing +130 kph (80 mph) all day long on the Autopista can do Brownsville to Maz in about 12.5 hours. 8.5 from the border to DGO. 4.0 from DGO to MAZ. There is only one stretch of the DGO-MAZ highway that is not finished, also they are re-doing the highway near the entrance to Mazatlan. When that work is finished you might knock off 1 more hour and get to Maz in 11.5 hours from the border (driving really fast).

GoingSouth. I was on a plane about a week ago and sat next to a crab boat Captain who said he knows you. We will have to discuss over some Danny's shrimp quesadillas.
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #13251
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
What's the lowdown on the Spanish women that got raped while on tour in Acapulco? There was like six of them. Did this make this thread?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-21454647
It did. They caught the asswipes responsible last week.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #13252
JonnyZion
n00b

Oddometer: 1
first trip down the coast on moto

Hola todos. Jonny here . Im new to adv. and riding in Mexico. I have traveled around mexico a bunch but not on a bike. Im rolling on a gs800. Tomorrow im leaving Guaymas and heading south with my next location Salulita. Then down the coast all the way. Anyone else down here along the coast or advice of places to stay or check out along the coast? Peace&love j
JonnyZion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #13253
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyZion View Post
my next location Salulita.
Pull up a chair at El Espresso. Be there about 8:30 when the surfer babe students start their march to the playa along the sidewalk next to the coffee shop.

Stop in at Hotel Vogue. Marv is the dueño there. Might not be your style, but it's very centrally located.

Tip: I rented a mountain bike in Sayulita and roamed all over the town and the surrounding hills.

Miguelito and I were there several weeks ago.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #13254
SR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Quote:
Hola todos. Jonny here . Im new to adv. and riding in Mexico. I have traveled around mexico a bunch but not on a bike. Im rolling on a gs800. Tomorrow im leaving Guaymas and heading south with my next location Salulita. Then down the coast all the way. Anyone else down here along the coast or advice of places to stay or check out along the coast? Peace&love j

Tell us more about what you are looking for. What's your time frame?

If you want to get up from the coast and do some fun mountain riding you are not far away. You could head East up from MAZ to DGO and than back down to the coast of Nayarit. It would add 2-3 days and 800 kms of solid curves to your trip. You wont miss much on the coast from Maz to Northen Nayarit. It's as flat as it gets. We have a weak cold front moving into Northern Mexico but it doesnt look that bad, highs are still in the mid 70s.

SR screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 06:33 PM
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #13255
HeadShrinker
Lost for a Reason

Oddometer: 1,381
I ran into some tough characters down in Bato...
HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #13256
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
JZ I'll be in Sayulita tomorrow night at the Hotel Vogue. 01 BMW 1150GS
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #13257
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShrinker View Post
I ran into some tough characters down in Bato...
Someone tried riding through with cases recently. Was it one of you?
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #13258
HeadShrinker
Lost for a Reason

Oddometer: 1,381
I can neither confirm nor deny any such incident(s) at Juanitas..
HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #13259
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
Hey gents, I just posted up some photos from day one of the Butterfly run. Video is below for those who can't be bothered to click over, but there are some nice photos there too...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post20780797

Long story short, 50k of dirt with a 3 other demented riders, including a fool on a cruiser and a guy with his dog as pillion.

I went up, fell off in the parking area and then came back down.

First ride off-road...ever (apart from 2 miles MikeMike suckered me into once that I rode at 0.25 mph and still nearly fell off ). How did I do?

Excuse me if the music's not to your taste...I'm still figuring out this editing malarky...

Volcano Run from Steve Sparrow on Vimeo.

Craneguy screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 07:13 PM
Craneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #13260
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
The Acapulco deal was mishandled from the get go by the idiot mayor and his tourism staff.
Big embarrassment for the administration of Pena Nieto as he had sent one of his flunkies to Madrid to talk up Mexico as an A-1 tourist destination for Spanish tourists. His flunky split when the mierda hit the ventilador, instead of making the rounds to do the apologies, and admit a problem in Acapulco but then stress it is not all of Mexico and an isolated incident. That was dumb on Pena Nieto's staff's part but that is par for the course for his administration so far. And it's only February!
A lot of people suspected the local police in Acapulco had the confessions ready before making the arrests, as usual here.
The arrests were covered about 10% compared to the crime when it happened.
The Spanish tourists were actually living in other parts of Mexico and were not direct from Spain on vacation in Acapulco. The drug deal thing has yet to be proven as far as I know but Craneguy might have some more dirt on this. In fact, instead of total transparency with this, like the Pemex explosion, there is no follow up because the administration does the usual PRI type shut down of info and hope people forget about it. This method is their usual MO and they are good at it.
But that's another story, a long and sordid one, rife with drama, intrigue, and all the usual suspects.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote