Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #13816
McFoil
Filthy Pig

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
I've loaded up the dirt version of the Tricemobile and will be heading out to Big Bend/Terlingua/Study Butte/Lajitas etc. in my new role as adjunct Federal Border Inspection Agent.

Daily de-brief at the Starlight and the Boathouse in Ghost Town, and La Kiva down the road.

I know, I know, if we knew your tag number, you would have to kill us.
McFoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #13817
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,215
Federal Border Inspection Agent.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #13818
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,611
Tequila??

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #13819
jimmex
Rider

Jess.

jimmex screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 08:17 PM
Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #13820
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Me too. Abandonado Añejo. Neat.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #13821
jimmex
Rider

Don Julio for my bungholio.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #13822
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Brought back some La Picota last time. SOG's RR has some pix from Sergio's tequileria in Cd. Vic.

YUMM!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #13823
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Don Julio for my bungholio.
Had some Don Julio 1942 at a crawfish boil this past weekend. Excellent stuff.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #13824
bingo43
¡Que Viva!

Oddometer: 224
Wicked El Mapa

Recently, somebody posted a "map" of Mexico showing "danger areas", and was discussing mapping a route through it to avoid the "shaded areas"

If you try to map a route through areas where danger might be, you have to put yourself in a bunker. I felt very safe all through Mexico last time. Being able to show people you are truly interested in their culture and them as people is so easy for them to see. When you show it...they can't help but show you true kindness. There are bad people everywhere. Worst thing that has ever happened to me happened a year ago on my way to work. I hit a deer. 6 days in the hospital. Today is the one year aniversary and I'm planing a Mexico trip June 3rd with my 18 year old son. Here is the map we are using to work out a route. No shaded areas here:

If you were ever wondering if you could take a copy of the Guia Roji and color copy each page and then cut and paste them all together into a huge wall map of mexico...It can be done. I had my Spanish IV students last semester work on the project when we had a few minutes extra time at the end of a few classes. It was a blast. I've been taking notes and copies of many of the routes and points of interest you all esteem. I'ts all going in the mix for a great three week trip.
bingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #13825
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
That's a Sergeant seat. Very comfortable.
Got one on the new-to-me WRR. First ride on the bike was 120 miles of hwy to get it home. Love the seat.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #13826
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

@Bingo43:

Outstanding! Glad you've recovered and are making big plans for Mexico. What a trip to make at 18. He'll remember it for the rest of his life. So cool.

Assuming it's the two of you on two bikes, what are your plans for TVIPs?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #13827
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
I wonder why the tank is black on the F650GS and the side panels are red.
You know, at a BMW rally in Mexico that would be a serious fashion faux pas that could see you cut from the herd! Serious dirty looks, likely a sanction or two, and you will be considered suspect! It would be bad enough you are riding an F650GS and not an over farkled GS1200 Adventure with Louis Vuitton Touratech matching side cases and top box along with an award winning graphic design short sleeved buttoned cotton shirt that catapulted your club to national stardom for winning the national club shirt design contest. LOL!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #13828
bingo43
¡Que Viva!

Question Ma Pa words

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Cool Map! I wonder why it's El Mapa and not La Mapa.
Many words that end in ma and pa are masculine words, but end in an A.

el mapa, el systema, el clima, el problema etc. They just break the normal rule that words that end in a A are feminine words...

Don't get them confused with words like el agua, el águila, el hacha.
These are feminine words that because of a pronounciation issue get the masculine singular defininte article (el) infront of a feminine word. Agua.
It sounds dorky to say la agua. Say it out loud three times. laagua, laagua...laagua. Spanish does not like repeated sounds like that, so that is why it is el agua. It's still a feminine word as far as gender is concerned.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #13829
bingo43
¡Que Viva!

True Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
I wonder why the tank is black on the F650GS and the side panels are red.
You know, at a BMW rally in Mexico that would be a serious fashion faux pas that could see you cut from the herd! Serious dirty looks, likely a sanction or two, and you will be considered suspect! It would be bad enough you are riding an F650GS and not an over farkled GS1200 Adventure with Louis Vuitton Touratech matching side cases and top box along with an award winning graphic design short sleeved buttoned cotton shirt that catapulted your club to national stardom for winning the national club shirt design contest. LOL!

Very funny! This F650GS is my son's and it will make the trip to Mexico even if I do get a sanction or two. It was prepped and ready to go last year...but with the deer smashing I did not feel well enough to go. Now that it has 18k miles on it, we have realized it's not the greatest bike for what we do...but he got it when he was younger. We bought it from an online auction COPART. We actually bought two and put the two together into one bike. He liked the color black and I liked red so we compromised. The actual color is obviously the red. They never made that one in black. We are not the Louis Vuitton type. We have taken this bike much in the dirt. He crawls along infront of me through trecherous terrain. Swinging bridges ride here in Missouri is a favorite. The TKC tires get mashed up quickly when he is riding it. It has been a great compromise bike. Fast enough to have fun on, but not so fast that he has smashed himself up. That is what we got the FZ1 for. Just finished that one. Was crashed on the left side and we repainted it and got some side engine covers and good to go.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #13830
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
I ride an F650GS twin in red. 50,000 kms on it here in Mexico in the past 3 and a half years. It can do a lot more than most people think, never felt the need for an F800. Ridden it on dirt, rock, all types of surfaces and with the right tires it is very capable.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote