Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #14026
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowBee View Post

And of course, if the Navy are not engaging the narcos then there aren't incidents to report. ... ...
FB
We were stopped and searched by the marines yesterday in the Colima/Jalisco border area. All luggage, pockets, jackets, were opened and inspected. The one working GPS was taken and scrutinized for all tracks and waypoints etc. First time either of us had ever been searched beyond the border.

There have been a lot of problems in this area recently. My riding buddy asked the marine about this and he replied that they had been some 'problems' but 'we killed them all last week' so now it is safe.
So as far as I know, the Navy is still engaged, semper fi.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #14027
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
All luggage, pockets, jackets, were opened and inspected.
Who was your riding buddy, Mayte Carranco?
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #14028
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,149
So they made you take your jackets off? And searched your pants pockets?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #14029
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,421
Yep, I was wearing some Klim pants with the zippers for ventilation and they wanted ever zipper opened. My friend had on a OIGO flak style jacket full of all kinds of gear and tools etc. He had to open every pocket. In the soft luggage on the racks, they asked us to open up the bags and they just rummaged through. We did not have to remove all of the contents.

These guys were thorough. I think the flak jacket probably caught their eye and that may have been the reason we were pulled in.

edit: We did not have to remove our jackets, just unzip them and pull out the contents from the pockets inside and outside of the jackets.

Kiko screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 07:28 PM
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #14030
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,060
Quote:
These guys were thorough. I think the flak jacket probably caught their eye and that may have been the reason we were pulled in.
Or could it have been the "Malos Typos de La Familia" sticker stuck on your bike
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #14031
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,148
Or the santa muerte sticker

Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #14032
SR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW66 View Post
I don't know if you need to live here to understand.....but that is funny
Mike already said it, but to explain some more. Almost every time one goes to a Mexican Doctor, the result is shot in the ass of either an anti-inflammatory or an antibiotic. If you don't get your shot, they aren't doing their job. So now instead of saying I'm going to the doctor, people just say I'm going to get an injection!!
SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #14033
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,320
Haven't had many encounters with the Marines down there but when I have it's been in an area deemed "hot" or where accusations of trafficking have been made. And each time the Marines have been much more thorough than Army or LE. They are some real serious dudes.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #14034
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Mike already said it, but to explain some more. Almost every time one goes to a Mexican Doctor, the result is shot in the ass of either an anti-inflammatory or an antibiotic. If you don't get your shot, they aren't doing their job. So now instead of saying I'm going to the doctor, people just say I'm going to get an injection!!
As some of you know I had to drop out of SlowOldGuy's ride when I came down with the flu. Stayed two nights sweating it out in a nice little hotel overlooking the river in El Naranjo. The staff was really concerned about me and kept asking to send a doctor. A few hours after my fever broke I loaded up the bike and headed to Saltillo. The looks on their faces - like they were watching me ride off to my death. They were visibly upset that I was leaving and I felt pretty awkward about it.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #14035
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Marines, Navy, Federales, Guardia Civil

I have a high degree of confidence when I am around a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds, some of them masked, carrying automatic weapons and thinking that anyone could be a bad guy. Rent "Apocalypse Now" and fast forward to the PBR, not beer, scene. It was just a puppy! Probably the family's future dinner.

On Ruta 199 the only vehicles that consistently violate the center line are the Policia Federal armed to the teeth in their pick up trucks. They don't have to obey the law, they are the law.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #14036
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
That is funny. Mexicans have this bizarre fear of ice and also of wind. They think both will make you sick. When it's windy, women wont let small kids out of the house.

I have argued about this with well educated seemingly reasonable Mexicans and they claim it's medical fact? Is there a doctor out there?
Not sure how prevalent "Valley Fever" is in Mexico, but it's relatively common in the southwest US. Valley Fever is a lung infection. A fungus becomes airborne when dust around construction areas and agricultural areas is transported by the wind. When spores are inhaled, Valley Fever can result. The medical name for Valley Fever is coccidioidomycosis. It is estimated that about one third of the people in the lower desert areas of Arizona have had Valley Fever at some point. C. immitis resides in the soil in certain parts of the southwestern United States, northern Mexico, and parts of Central and South America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coccidioidomycosis
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #14037
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
We were stopped and searched by the marines yesterday in the Colima/Jalisco border area. All luggage, pockets, jackets, were opened and inspected. The one working GPS was taken and scrutinized for all tracks and waypoints etc. First time either of us had ever been searched beyond the border.

There have been a lot of problems in this area recently. My riding buddy asked the marine about this and he replied that they had been some 'problems' but 'we killed them all last week' so now it is safe.
So as far as I know, the Navy is still engaged, semper fi.

Could you tell us which road that happened on amigo?
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #14038
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
The shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
As some of you know I had to drop out of SlowOldGuy's ride when I came down with the flu....... They were visibly upset that I was leaving and I felt pretty awkward about it.
Schizz
Very understandable if you had not received your shot
RW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #14039
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
OMG

Yep! Nice ride Trice! The 500 EXC is a great bike, and Vinny wants one bad!

Congrats on the new ride. Now you have the proper tool to do a really good job of hurting yourself.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #14040
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Shots

Seriously though flu shots available in US are very effective. Don't know how you get them down here.

RW66, en ingles es "central"

Miguelito: as I recall "cocci" was first detected in fliers who were training in the Arizona desert during WWII. Prop wash stirred up a lot of dust that they inhaled and got sick. Took some medical sleuthing to figure out what was going on with this illness of "unknown etiology" Nice new bike. Do you still have the "Strom"