ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #14281
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
airdale7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Ocala, Fl
Oddometer: 490
IMO? My brain has misplaced the translation...
__________________
www.twowheelsthreeamericas.com

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #14282
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale7 View Post
IMO? My brain has misplaced the translation...
www.acronymfinder.com

With all the acronyms and initialisms these days I use this site weekly.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #14283
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
I learned this:

videoassayulita 005 from Bato on Vimeo.



From you, Schizz
Nice vid, Bato. I won't be doing that on the WRR.

You and Trice need to get up here and do the MSF class with me.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #14284
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
airdale7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Ocala, Fl
Oddometer: 490
Imo

International Mathmatical Olympiad ....mmmm, nope, not on this forum!
__________________
www.twowheelsthreeamericas.com

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #14285
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale7 View Post
International Mathmatical Olympiad ....mmmm, nope, not on this forum!
You got that right! IMO
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #14286
Craneguy
British Hooligan
 
Craneguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Muscat, Oman, Cuerna, Mexico, Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
You got that right! IMO
+1...that's about the mathematical limit around here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Young enough to know I can. Old enough to know I shouldn't. Stupid enough to do it anyway
'13 Duc Multi GT, '10 Vstrom 1k, '10 705cc KLR
Craneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #14287
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Nice vid, Bato. I won't be doing that on the WRR.

You and Trice need to get up here and do the MSF class with me.
Yea the WRR would be better for this: Escapeing from MORELIA just in time before SEMANA SANTA found refuge at Distrito Federal is very quiter here this days


DF 034 from Bato on Vimeo.


Bato screwed with this post 03-24-2013 at 05:12 PM
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #14288
SR
Studly Adventurer
 
SR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Western, Mexico
Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Yea the WRR would be better for this: Escapeing from MORELIA just in time before SEMANA SANTA found refuge at Distrito Federal is very quiter here this days

+1 on that, yesterday we drove from Silo, GTO to Oaxaca city through Puebla. There was heavy Semana Santa traffic all around and lots of accidents. Heavy enough that I was happy to be in the cage. There were a few big (+500 m) lines at the casetas on the autopistas going north out of DF. Not as bad going east and south. From the video, it looks like you know how to handle the traffic on the bike! You left out the part where you reach out and grab some pollo asado right off the grill while you are moving!

We had a great lunch in downtown Puebla yesterday and went to the big tree at Santa Maria de Tule and also Monte Alban today, both very worthwhile. It has been a long time since I was in Southern Mexico. I love the food down here!

Saludos Amigo!

SR screwed with this post 03-24-2013 at 05:48 PM
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #14289
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer
 
MikeMike's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: South east Mexico
Oddometer: 3,939
SR, let me know if you are coming back via Tehuacan.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #14290
SR
Studly Adventurer
 
SR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Western, Mexico
Oddometer: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
SR, let me know if you are coming back via Tehuacan.
I will more than likely be coming through there Friday afternoon. We will be needing to make some time and that is the fastest route North, I think.

When we came down, I was drooling thinking about riding all of that Sierra East of highway between Tehuacan and Oaxaca city.
SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #14291
evilwerkz
Time to ride....
 
evilwerkz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Taxco, Mexico......
Oddometer: 205
Domingo de Palmas....Semana Santa started today here in Taxco....and since a couple of days ago it was CRANEGUY´s cumpleaños, I went to Santa Prisca and placed a palm offering on his behalf for good health ( Libre de Aires y Empachos ) to Santa Virgen Honey Boo Boo Child....I know he´ll apreciate it.....





Saludos....
__________________
.....
evilwerkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #14292
miguelito
Studly Adventurer
 
miguelito's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: San Miguel de Allende, GTO, Mexico
Oddometer: 505
Beginning semana santa with a solo ride to Valle de Bravo. Really light traffic today, and commensurate great riding. Called ahead to see if a room Was available at my fav hotel here, (Puesta del sol), and of course they were booked. Did the experienced Mexico traveler thang, and stopped by the hotel when I arrived in town anyway. Result: un habitacion es disponible. Yay! Bad news is that the rates are up from my last visit. Still, this place is great, convenient, and has secure parking. Thought of the Tejas contingent when I stopped for pollo asado in Zinapacuaro. She was closed for the holiday, (presumably). Rode the whole way from SMA to here with just gas/piss stops. Hungry... Hunkered down at one of the local bistros when I arrived, and told the joven to keep the cervezas coming until I told him otherwise. All is well. :)
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #14293
Craneguy
British Hooligan
 
Craneguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Muscat, Oman, Cuerna, Mexico, Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwerkz View Post
Domingo de Palmas....Semana Santa started today here in Taxco....and since a couple of days ago it was CRANEGUY´s cumpleaños, I went to Santa Prisca and placed a palm offering on his behalf for good health ( Libre de Aires y Empachos ) to Santa Virgen Honey Boo Boo Child....I know he´ll apreciate it.....





Saludos....

Please, please, please tell me that's Photoshop!
__________________
Young enough to know I can. Old enough to know I shouldn't. Stupid enough to do it anyway
'13 Duc Multi GT, '10 Vstrom 1k, '10 705cc KLR
Craneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #14294
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street
 
Jick Magger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
Beginning semana santa with a solo ride to Valle de Bravo. Really light traffic today, and commensurate great riding. Called ahead to see if a room Was available at my fav hotel here, (Puesta del sol), and of course they were booked. Did the experienced Mexico traveler thang, and stopped by the hotel when I arrived in town anyway. Result: un habitacion es disponible. Yay! Bad news is that the rates are up from my last visit. Still, this place is great, convenient, and has secure parking. Thought of the Tejas contingent when I stopped for pollo asado in Zinapacuaro. She was closed for the holiday, (presumably). Rode the whole way from SMA to here with just gas/piss stops. Hungry... Hunkered down at one of the local bistros when I arrived, and told the joven to keep the cervezas coming until I told him otherwise. All is well. :)
Miguelito

Thats about 300 km on google maps. How long was the ride?
__________________
"Blessed are the Cheesemakers"


RIde Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=Rolling+jick
Jick Magger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #14295
Bato
Studly Adventurer
 
Bato's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TEJAS
Oddometer: 908
r
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
+1 on that, yesterday we drove from Silo, GTO to Oaxaca city through Puebla. There was heavy Semana Santa traffic all around and lots of accidents. Heavy enough that I was happy to be in the cage. There were a few big (+500 m) lines at the casetas on the autopistas going north out of DF. Not as bad going east and south. From the video, it looks like you know how to handle the traffic on the bike! You left out the part where you reach out and grab some pollo asado right off the grill while you are moving!

We had a great lunch in downtown Puebla yesterday and went to the big tree at Santa Maria de Tule and also Monte Alban today, both very worthwhile. It has been a long time since I was in Southern Mexico. I love the food down here!

Saludos Amigo!
Acutally I ate in one of those cafes in front of cathedral at noon but order a Morelian omelet that I couldn't eat because of the color they mix the eggs with who knows what that makes it gray color I thought what the F is this and just ate the sides and bread I'm more use to Machacado con huevo

Buenas noches
Bato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014