User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
brayjay OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
New BC off road reg's

Well the new off road regs will be mandatory in BC come June 1st 2015. Might not be too bad but here is a quote from the write up in my local news online paper.
"Too date, the off road vehicle frame work has been implemented in stages. Future regulations will follow that will flesh out ORV rules of operation,safety standards, penalties and conditions of use for a wide range of ORV vehicles such as ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Snowmobiles and Side by side's. End quote. This is the part that doesn't sit well. Could they implement rules like no wheelies? Certain max speed limit ? Conditions of use ? No hill climbing? Noise violations ? Kinda concerning in my opinion.
brayjay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
Lordendo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
There's been a lot of discussion and information on the topic over at dualsportbc.com. They're down for site maintenance this weekend, but maybe we can import some posts or something.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by brayjay View Post
Could they implement rules like no wheelies? Certain max speed limit ? Conditions of use ? No hill climbing? Noise violations ? Kinda concerning in my opinion.
Of course they could. I expect we'll see dB limits sooner rather than later. That's why we've all been talking about it and lobbying for the last couple of years.
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,687
I've heard a lot about this coming, but different implementation dates. I heard from a dealer that implementation at the dealer level starts Nov 30th/2014. This will include issuing of offroad plates when mandatory liability insurance is purchased. Private sale implementation starts June 2015. Word is quad mounted RCMP trail checks are really ramping up this spring. On private sales, back sales taxes are to be collected from 2010 on, and, if no sales receipt is issued, taxes will be collected based on motorcycle book retail values.

I can see a lot of red neck idiots with stolen dirt bikes riding the gravel pits giving up the sport.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,687
Here it is, right from the communistic broadcasting conglomerate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...-b-c-1.2837632
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
OneEffinName
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
On the island - the majority of land near the populated areas is E&N land grant - in other words private land. Basically the whole east coast fo the Island from Sooke/Victoria to Campbell River.

All of our riding on this land has been without permission from the owners (who are the forest companies). From time to time the forest companies would ask the cops to cite riders for trespassing. With the new law the cops can charge anyone, anytime with an offense. Nice!
OneEffinName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEffinName View Post
On the island - the majority of land near the populated areas is E&N land grant - in other words private land. Basically the whole east coast fo the Island from Sooke/Victoria to Campbell River.

All of our riding on this land has been without permission from the owners (who are the forest companies). From time to time the forest companies would ask the cops to cite riders for trespassing. With the new law the cops can charge anyone, anytime with an offense. Nice!
The actual owners are the government pension plan
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote